Disney's Magical Express Update -- Reservations Required effective 11/1/05

Tips are not included.

Except you do not have to report to your room at check in to leave a tip let alone wait for the bellhop to bring your luggage. You can go right to the parks if you want. Luggage staff are paid extra for that part of the ME process.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/magicx.htm

kristenhh said:
I thought that I had read somewhere that the tips were included for Magical Express. Is this true or not? Thanks!
The ONLY gratuities that are included are the inbound bell services for the delivery to your room. Gratuities for motorcoach transfers, sky caps, and outbound bell services are not included.

Your flight is changed last minute? If you arrive at a different time, flight #, will you still be able to use?

Try to change your Disney bound ME reservation if your airplane flight changes, changes do not need 10 days in advance.

Also I would not use the three dollars a minute Airfone(tm) in the plane or operator assisted pay phone rates at the airport, but instead just show up at the ME welcoming area if hte plane is late.

Nevergrow'nup said:
Your flight is changed last minute? If you arrive at a different time, flight #, will you still be able to use?
If your flight changes, that's fine. The inbound flight numbers are used to help track and plan for your arrival. If you just show up at the counter, that's fine, because you already had an existing reservation.

The only time when it is essential that the current flight information be provided is for your outbound journey.

Tyler... another early flight query...

My flight leaves WDW @ 6:46 am. Will DME really pick me up @ 3:45-4:00 am? I realize checking luggage is not an option, but I'm guessing DME is now nearly a 24-hour operation?

Yes, the motorcoach portion of DME will (and has always) run 24 hours for flights at all times.

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
Missy, I am here, there, and everywhere. I still work for Disney, but I also have connections with DME contractors.

In regards to cancelling... umm... well, seeing as its free... I would just not tag your bags, skip the counter, and just do your own thing. *shrug* I'm sure it'd be more proper to call the 866 number and officially cancel it, but its not as if you'll incur any penalty for just not showing up.

Ergens2, in regards to luggage.... again, *shrug*, I've seen luggage beat guests to the room, and I've seen it take an hour or so to get there. Plan for the worst, hope for the best. In my position, I only see the extremes, and not the norms... so I can't really say.

Thanks Tyler!

So when I am there in Nov-Dec this year, I can look for you on the buses again, right? I looked last year but never saw you, and I was on those buses park hopping like crazy! Hope to see you this time around!

We are staying at a non-Disney hotel first, then moving over to a Disney hotel. So we want to make an advance reservation for Magical Express for our return airport trip only.

I just wanted to clarify - is it an absolute requirement to check your bags at the hotel airline check-in desk? Our United domestic flight goes at 2 pm, and we would feel much safer checking our bags at the airport ourselves.

We just want to ride the bus to the airport, but will Disney actually let us check our own bags at the airport for domestic flights?

Also, if we just reserved paid Mears bus tickets to the airport, would that be the same bus? Would that also pick us up 3 hours prior to departure, the same as Magical Express?

This looks like a pretty major update to DME so I'm going to stick this thread to the top.

Tyler, hope you don't mind if I edit the title slightly. :) Thanks for the great info!

How do you make a reservation for the Magical Express from the airport. is there a number to call or are you automatically put on the reservation when you book a disney package vacation?

I've heard that Southwest Airlines isn't one of the participating airlines and that I'll have to get my own luggage. That's not a problem, I just wanted to make sure. Also, is it true that because we are vacation members that we need to make our reservation through DVC Member Services.

Thanks
Kathy

Kathy C said:
I've heard that Southwest Airlines isn't one of the participating airlines and that I'll have to get my own luggage. That's not a problem, I just wanted to make sure. Also, is it true that because we are vacation members that we need to make our reservation through DVC Member Services.

Thanks
Kathy

You are correct that SW isn't a participating airline. But, you can still put those yellow tags on your bags and have them delivered to your resort without going to baggage claim. Flying on a 'participating' airline matters only when you leave your resort to go back to the airport. If you are using one of the 'participating' airlines, you can check your luggage at the resort and get your boarding passes at that time. Your luggage then goes from your resort to the correct flight on a truck. You then, go about your business and go to the bus when it is the stipulated time for departure..usually about 3 hrs. before your flight. You then ride to MCO, and go directly to security. You won't see your luggage until you get to your home airport after you check them at the resort.
Since you are flying SW, when it is time to leave your resort, just take your luggage with you to the bus. It will be put under the bus for the ride to MCO. Then your luggage is unloaded at MCO and you do the 'normal' check-in stuff.

So, everyone can use DME when they arrive at MCO....put those yellow tags on and you're good to go. It's only your departing experience that will be changed if you don't use a participating airline.

And yes, if you are using DVC pts you should be booking through MS.

Oh, and to spa101....you have to call and arrange for DME. It will not be added automatically. You should be able to contact whomever you made the original reservations with to add the DME part.

Help. Ok, I just got my airline reservations done and will be flying in through Continental. Do I call Disney and give them my flight information or do I fax it or e-mail it? How does it work? I have a Magic Your Way Package for January 8-14. Thanks for any info.

spa101 said:
How do you make a reservation for the Magical Express from the airport. is there a number to call or are you automatically put on the reservation when you book a disney package vacation?
You must make the reservation prior to arrival at Orlando International. Once you've gotten on your flight, it becomes too late.

You must call on your own prior to arrival. (866) 599-0951

Ana~n~Joseph said:
Help. Ok, I just got my airline reservations done and will be flying in through Continental. Do I call Disney and give them my flight information or do I fax it or e-mail it? How does it work? I have a Magic Your Way Package for January 8-14. Thanks for any info.

Sounds like you can call (866) 599-0951 to make ressie

Hello.

As we got short notice of our vacation time (very short) we have been lucky enough to land a 10 day trip to WDW on the 27th of October to the 6th of November *yay*, however, the problem arises:

How do i let DME know? It most definatly isn't 10 days in advance!

OPtions?

Hello

I'm also concerned about DME. We are flying from England to Boston and catching a connecting flight to Orlando MCO in 7 days on American Airlines. We booked DME at same time as accomodation but haven't received any tags or info etc. Will we still be able to use the service? Don't mind picking up luggage etc.

hi - I would love to try the magical express, but I thought I read this is for participating airlines, I'm using allegiant air, can I still use Disney's magical express? Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter