Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I am officially returning to the Grand in February! Stayed there in 2019 for my engagement trip and now my Honeymoon! I know a lot has changed and not all amenities are back up and running.

A few quick preliminary questions:

I know the Spa is currently closed. I am booking services at Four Seasons spa, think it will be easy enough to get a Uber or Lift there from the grand? Unless it opens before February!

On average how is the transportation between the monorail and busses, are the boats running? Just want to get an idea how much commuting time we should prepare for.

We loved the Tea room - any chance you folks think that comes back in the next few months or a thing of the past?

We want to try drinks at Enchanted Rose, does it get crazy busy there? Any slow times throughout the day I can plan around?

Are the stores and shops open in the main building ?

any advice is so appreciated and helpful! I’m excited to return to the magic! Thanks :earsboy:
Dd and I have done uber to FS and its a short trip. If have a hard time getting one there are taxis at the lobby area.

I think tea room is still doubtful IMO. There are just too many things not yet open. Although who knows!

Er is fine most times except after 8pm.

Citricos has a bar area with full menu and Narcoossees has a small bar if needed.

Transportation. We usually mono to MK and walk back. Bus to akl and hs fine for most part.

Going to EPCOT you have to take 2 monos. Sometimes we ride share to and then mono back. Depends on how much time we have.

The small boat goes gf to poly to mk and its good except some evenings when everyone is leaving. Great to do midday.

Shops and stuff open too.

Last just keep an eye out here , lots of us will report back. I have a poly trip coming up but always visit gf.

LV has a view of lagoon but not castle unless its partially blocked by a tree etc.

Honestly it doesn't much matter view or location. I would be more concerned on which type of balcony you get with kids that age. Look at a picture of any building. You can see upper floors have a smaller but private enclosed balcony. The lower floors have a larger but open view balcony.

I can't see over the rail while sitting with the enclosed balcony and I am 5"5". I think you would prefer lower floor.
Thank you!!

The florists are often fine for a chat, too. They are knowledgeable and seem quite passionate about their work. We enjoyed watching them form some enormous entrance displays and the more delicate bouquets around the main building during our stays. They have a dab hand and a keen eye for colour and proportion. Yes, I am rather jealous of anyone who performs such a lovely - and fragrant - job!

Thanks! Do you know where on the second floor I find it? I don’t really want to wander around with a bunch of laundry. 🤣

I apologize, I’ve never used the laundry facility in the main building, nor can I find information about its exact location. Maybe someone else can help answer that. If anything, you can always ask upon arrival or call housekeeping. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter