Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

I just joined this group and I was wondering about security and lines as I am traveling with two kids affected by autism. I have read that if you go through the security check point at the monorail at the Grand Floridian, you do not have to go through it at the Magic Kingdom. Is this also true for Epcot?

I just joined this group and I was wondering about security and lines as I am traveling with two kids affected by autism. I have read that if you go through the security check point at the monorail at the Grand Floridian, you do not have to go through it at the Magic Kingdom. Is this also true for Epcot?

Yes, that is also correct for EPCOT… as you get on the monorail from The Grand, you will first encounter security as you are walking out to the platform. You’re going to switch monorails at the TTC center, and then the second one drops you off right before the tapstyles.

ERA: I took pictures as I was getting off the monorail…

776CAB47-937E-4916-B963-586F83D407C2.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you so much, this is great information. I had another quick question. I am staying for 10 days at the Grand Floridian. Since I have two kids, I am concerned about cleanings. I have read that they only replace towels and trash every other day. What do you do if you have a longer stay and need a cleaning? Can I ask for cleaning supplies and do it myself?

I would rather be in the main building so we dont have to walk as far to get to transportation and dining.

Are the grand holiday cake pops out yet? Photos would be wonderful we’ll be there in a few weeks

If you are referring to the pumpkin cake pop, then yes! DH bought one two days ago and loved it!! Said the cake texture was more like cookie dough. They’re pretty big! I was going to take a picture but thought of it after he started eating!! If I get over to Gaspy’s I’ll take a picture. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter