Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Information & Questions + Construction Updates

Dumb question, but unclear on the website. It seems the GF gym and Senses spa are somewhat conflated under general amenities. I know the latter is not currently operating with no imminent return announced, but is the general workout facilities/gym open?

Dumb question, but unclear on the website. It seems the GF gym and Senses spa are somewhat conflated under general amenities. I know the latter is not currently operating with no imminent return announced, but is the general workout facilities/gym open?

Yes, the gym is open!! (I know this because DH was in there every day of our trip!) 😐

ETA: For reference HERE-

24-Hour Fitness Center
Stay fit while on vacation with our state-of-the-art health and fitness center, featuring cardio and strength-training equipment, free weights and more—available to Guests of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

Last edited:
It was fun! They used a fog machine and made it look "haunted" outside. Here are a few pics! Although I'll say I've done Halloween at a few Deluxe resorts and Wilderness Lodge is the best! But you can always visit other resorts for trick or treating, too.

We were also there on Halloween. We had dinner at the Polynesian and our kiddo was able to trick-or-treat at both resorts. It's cute, they have trick or treat stations set up all over the resort with decorations. He ended up with a lot of candy too!

Best outer building for lagoon view with family including 11 month old and 3 year old?
LV has a view of lagoon but not castle unless its partially blocked by a tree etc.

Honestly it doesn't much matter view or location. I would be more concerned on which type of balcony you get with kids that age. Look at a picture of any building. You can see upper floors have a smaller but private enclosed balcony. The lower floors have a larger but open view balcony.

I can't see over the rail while sitting with the enclosed balcony and I am 5"5". I think you would prefer lower floor.

I am officially returning to the Grand in February! Stayed there in 2019 for my engagement trip and now my Honeymoon! I know a lot has changed and not all amenities are back up and running.

A few quick preliminary questions:

I know the Spa is currently closed. I am booking services at Four Seasons spa, think it will be easy enough to get a Uber or Lift there from the grand? Unless it opens before February!

On average how is the transportation between the monorail and busses, are the boats running? Just want to get an idea how much commuting time we should prepare for.

We loved the Tea room - any chance you folks think that comes back in the next few months or a thing of the past?

We want to try drinks at Enchanted Rose, does it get crazy busy there? Any slow times throughout the day I can plan around?

Are the stores and shops open in the main building ?

any advice is so appreciated and helpful! I’m excited to return to the magic! Thanks :earsboy:

I am officially returning to the Grand in February! Stayed there in 2019 for my engagement trip and now my Honeymoon! I know a lot has changed and not all amenities are back up and running.

A few quick preliminary questions:

I know the Spa is currently closed. I am booking services at Four Seasons spa, think it will be easy enough to get a Uber or Lift there from the grand? Unless it opens before February!

On average how is the transportation between the monorail and busses, are the boats running? Just want to get an idea how much commuting time we should prepare for.

We loved the Tea room - any chance you folks think that comes back in the next few months or a thing of the past?

We want to try drinks at Enchanted Rose, does it get crazy busy there? Any slow times throughout the day I can plan around?

Are the stores and shops open in the main building ?

any advice is so appreciated and helpful! I’m excited to return to the magic! Thanks :earsboy:

FYI - the Spa at the Dolphin (Mandera Spa) is open as well which you could access via Uber/Lyft OR via Disney Transportation (the Swan/Dolphin bus picks up at TTC) . And there is also a spa at the JW Marriott in Bonnet Creek. However, you should be fine getting to the Four Seasons via Uber. It's not far

Personally, I like to get to the Enchanted Rose right around opening time (which is 4 PM). They start serving food at 5 PM ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter