Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I think in this particular case it was because of 3 people grabbing arguably a huge amount of dessert stuff that there was no way they could ingest - with the caveat that there could have been a bunch of people in the room. For me, I am more likely to feel a twinge of annoyance when someone clears out a whole tray or hot plate when it’s pretty full to start and there are people in line behind them (my manners would not allow that, personally - I’ve seen this, but only twice), but as long as things get filled, it isn’t a big deal. And to be clear, I’d be annoyed if someone moseyed over and snagged an entire bottle of wine, too, although I’d clearly have no business being annoyed with how much wine I drink in CL 🤣!
I tend to think it all balances out. If someone filled up eating ice cream, then they would probably not be eat some other offering. For the most part though, we're oblivious to what anyone else is consuming.

I can see if someone takes a whole plate of pastries, that's a bit inconsiderate.

Myself, I tend to eat little in the AM. About the only thing I want is fruit. The CL's rarely put out decent fruit, instead it is almost always melon. Blech! The whole apples and packaged grapes are also terrible quality. Nearly inedible. I love most fruits: fresh grapes, strawberries, peaches, pears, berries of any kind, decent apples, decent citrus, kiwi, plums, raisins, etc. (We were excited to see tangerines this year.)

CR used to serve fruit on platters. It was a platter of melon with about a tablespoon of blueberries sprinkled on top. GF used to do something similar, they'd put out berries, but the serving bowl held under a cup of berries. Is each person only supposed to have 1/2 of a berry? :earboy2: It seemed a bit absurd. I much prefer the big bowls of prepped fruit that WL puts out.

At times, I've felt guilty for taking a teaspoon of berries, even though that was my entire breakfast. On my most recent stay, I politely asked about more berries, and the CM gave me a small cup of blueberries. That made my day!

We also loved seeing fruit bowls out in the afternoon at Gran Destino. Yeah!

We are staying CL first time at BWI next week. We have dinner reservations every night of our stay but I would love to bring a nice glass of wine with me on our way out to dinner. If I get there during "snack" time which I think is up til 4pm, will I be able to get a glass of wine or is wine just served during the "dinner" hours which I believe is 5 to 7? Thanks for any help!

We are staying CL first time at BWI next week. We have dinner reservations every night of our stay but I would love to bring a nice glass of wine with me on our way out to dinner. If I get there during "snack" time which I think is up til 4pm, will I be able to get a glass of wine or is wine just served during the "dinner" hours which I believe is 5 to 7? Thanks for any help!
You can ask, when staying CL, at any time! Enjoy!

Does BWI CL offer any beef on any nights? I saw the pics for BC CL with the beef and mashed and stuff like that is right up our alley. The hot offerings don't seem that great for BWI CL or maybe I am misinformed? The pics I saw were mostly beef macoroni and pasta and chicken and chicken bai buns. Maybe I should consider switching to BC CL. We are going next week tho.

I tend to think it all balances out. If someone filled up eating ice cream, then they would probably not be eat some other offering. For the most part though, we're oblivious to what anyone else is consuming.

I can see if someone takes a whole plate of pastries, that's a bit inconsiderate.
Agree!!

Myself, I tend to eat little in the AM. About the only thing I want is fruit. The CL's rarely put out decent fruit, instead it is almost always melon. Blech! The whole apples and packaged grapes are also terrible quality. Nearly inedible. I love most fruits: fresh grapes, strawberries, peaches, pears, berries of any kind, decent apples, decent citrus, kiwi, plums, raisins, etc. (We were excited to see tangerines this year.)

CR used to serve fruit on platters. It was a platter of melon with about a tablespoon of blueberries sprinkled on top. GF used to do something similar, they'd put out berries, but the serving bowl held under a cup of berries. Is each person only supposed to have 1/2 of a berry? :earboy2: It seemed a bit absurd. I much prefer the big bowls of prepped fruit that WL puts out.

At times, I've felt guilty for taking a teaspoon of berries, even though that was my entire breakfast. On my most recent stay, I politely asked about more berries, and the CM gave me a small cup of blueberries. That made my day!

We also loved seeing fruit bowls out in the afternoon at Gran Destino. Yeah!
One of the reasons I like GF RPC (only been staying there since 2021, I think? Whenever they opened the walkway) is because they put out big bowls of berries! Pic from 2022 below:). I wonder if they made adjustments after someone said something? Hope they are doing the same upon reopening. I agree, the fruit situation at CR is ridiculous, that weird practically minced fruit. Eugh. The pics of breakfast at WL have been tempting, largely bc of the fruit!

I’ve been doing this intermittent fasting thing and may not be eating breakfast any time soon - fruit in the afternoon would be amazing, I guess I can always put a small bowl in my room fridge. I wish I could stomach the transportation situation of GDT!

Attachments

• IMG_5062.jpeg
    IMG_5062.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 31
I haven’t stayed at BWI CL yet, but my experience with all CL is that you can request a glass any time the club is open. You may have to take it in a go cup, like the disposable coffee cup from your room, though I think CR once gave me a plastic cup.

Wow, I sound like a total boozehound. 🤣

I think in this particular case it was because of 3 people grabbing arguably a huge amount of dessert stuff that there was no way they could ingest - with the caveat that there could have been a bunch of people in the room. For me, I am more likely to feel a twinge of annoyance when someone clears out a whole tray or hot plate when it’s pretty full to start and there are people in line behind them (my manners would not allow that, personally - I’ve seen this, but only twice), but as long as things get filled, it isn’t a big deal. And to be clear, I’d be annoyed if someone moseyed over and snagged an entire bottle of wine, too, although I’d clearly have no business being annoyed with how much wine I drink in CL 🤣!
It’s possible it’s for people booked in their room that didn’t want to go to the lounge. I almost always send my husband to the lounge to get my breakfast and desserts

Hi all! Just returned today from a 6 night stay at YC. (It’s really weird that I woke up in Florida this morning and now I’m at home…anyone else get that feeling when they come home from a trip?)

Anyway, for those of you who saw my post a few days ago…as I suspected, my son’s lost Mickey ears have not been located. I still feel bad but he seems to be over it. He saw a baby Ewok stuffie at DHS that he really wanted and we got it for him. He’s so happy and says it’s better than a pair of ears anyway.

We loved the Yacht Club itself. DH and I stayed there once back in 2009 and loved it then. Upon looking out our window the first time, I could see we had been upgraded to water view. I’d booked garden view, which I think is now in the resort view category. We were directly over the entrance from the lake side in room 5177. The lighthouse was right in front of us. It was an amazing view and even though it was hot, we did sit out on the balcony several times to enjoy the view, especially when it rained!

The lounge was ok. I’ve stayed CL at BWI, BC, and WL previously and I’d say YC was my least favorite. Nothing was bad, but I didn’t find most of the CMs to be as warm as I’d experienced previously (except for Summer, she was amazing). The lounge felt really small…we stayed at BC last year and the lounge seemed bigger to me but maybe I’m imagining things? The food was fine and it was nice to have a change of scenery especially when it rained for long periods. Also, getting “free” lemonade every day when returning from a hot morning at the parks was nice.

We booked a bounce back for Atrium Club at the Contemporary for next summer. We also have a cruise booked but I think we’re leaning toward going back to WDW. It feels like home and we’re comfortable there.

If you have any YC specific questions, please feel free to ask!

Attachments

• 71279179589__91A1693C-AF2D-4450-9BA8-C425E86BF24C.fullsizerender.jpeg
    71279179589__91A1693C-AF2D-4450-9BA8-C425E86BF24C.fullsizerender.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 25
Hi all! Just returned today from a 6 night stay at YC. (It’s really weird that I woke up in Florida this morning and now I’m at home…anyone else get that feeling when they come home from a trip?)

Anyway, for those of you who saw my post a few days ago…as I suspected, my son’s lost Mickey ears have not been located. I still feel bad but he seems to be over it. He saw a baby Ewok stuffie at DHS that he really wanted and we got it for him. He’s so happy and says it’s better than a pair of ears anyway.

We loved the Yacht Club itself. DH and I stayed there once back in 2009 and loved it then. Upon looking out our window the first time, I could see we had been upgraded to water view. I’d booked garden view, which I think is now in the resort view category. We were directly over the entrance from the lake side in room 5177. The lighthouse was right in front of us. It was an amazing view and even though it was hot, we did sit out on the balcony several times to enjoy the view, especially when it rained!

The lounge was ok. I’ve stayed CL at BWI, BC, and WL previously and I’d say YC was my least favorite. Nothing was bad, but I didn’t find most of the CMs to be as warm as I’d experienced previously (except for Summer, she was amazing). The lounge felt really small…we stayed at BC last year and the lounge seemed bigger to me but maybe I’m imagining things? The food was fine and it was nice to have a change of scenery especially when it rained for long periods. Also, getting “free” lemonade every day when returning from a hot morning at the parks was nice.

We booked a bounce back for Atrium Club at the Contemporary for next summer. We also have a cruise booked but I think we’re leaning toward going back to WDW. It feels like home and we’re comfortable there.

That’s a great picture. Looks like you had a lovely view and we’re close to the lounge. Thanks for the honest review of CL. And congrats on getting a bounce back at CR. May I ask if your BB discount was 35% off? Thanks.
P.s. I always get that feeling when I get home from a Disney trip. It’s especially pronounced if I visited the parks in the morning before going to the airport.

That’s a great picture. Looks like you had a lovely view and we’re close to the lounge. Thanks for the honest review of CL. And congrats on getting a bounce back at CR. May I ask if your BB discount was 35% off? Thanks.
P.s. I always get that feeling when I get home from a Disney trip. It’s especially pronounced if I visited the parks in the morning before going to the airport.
I honestly don’t know if it’s 35% off…I had my TA book a package. The price *looks* really good to me though.

We were supposed to go to DHS this morning but my son wasn’t feeling great last night (don’t want to give TMI, but nothing contagious) and I wanted to get him home earlier today in case we needed to go to the doctor. We were delayed over 2 hours coming home last year due to thunderstorms in Orlando and missed our connection in Atlanta so wanted to try for an earlier flight. Everything went smoothly today although it appears our original flights were fine today. Oh well. We ended up not being too sad to be home a little earlier instead of trying to unpack at 11 PM. And my son seems ok now too so that’s good.

Does BWI CL offer any beef on any nights? I saw the pics for BC CL with the beef and mashed and stuff like that is right up our alley. The hot offerings don't seem that great for BWI CL or maybe I am misinformed? The pics I saw were mostly beef macoroni and pasta and chicken and chicken bai buns. Maybe I should consider switching to BC CL. We are going next week tho.
I’m currently at BWI and will be around for 2 more nights so I think I’ll get the full rotation of food. I’ll make a full post of the offerings at the end of our trip but so far we’ve had the following:

Night One:
Crudite, Waldorf salad, citrus quinoa salad, Beefy mac, Chicken and coleslaw bao buns, Ratatouille over polenta, Apple glazed pork belly over rice, and a full charcuterie spread

Night Two:
Caesar salad, Pearled cous cous salad, Shredded chicken sliders, Impossible enchiladas, Chicken Alfredo, Braised short rib over mashed potatoes

They’ve had polenta and grits at breakfast which are my absolute favorite things. I’m also a pastry fiend and they had “raspberry danish” which was actually apple danish and was the most amazing thing I’ve ever eaten. If we hadn’t been rushing off to a park I probably would have been the person to take the entire tray.

What a beautiful view! Stayed at the Yacht Club several years back, but never did Club level there. Wondering if you had a chance to meet Abdul? He was moved over to the YC CL in the mornings while the GF is being refurbished? He was at the GF RPC for many years and such a wonderful cast member. He went above and beyond for everyone during our stays. Those were the days of the band at the Grand and RPC in full swing!

I honestly don’t know if it’s 35% off…I had my TA book a package. The price *looks* really good to me though.

We were supposed to go to DHS this morning but my son wasn’t feeling great last night (don’t want to give TMI, but nothing contagious) and I wanted to get him home earlier today in case we needed to go to the doctor. We were delayed over 2 hours coming home last year due to thunderstorms in Orlando and missed our connection in Atlanta so wanted to try for an earlier flight. Everything went smoothly today although it appears our original flights were fine today. Oh well. We ended up not being too sad to be home a little earlier instead of trying to unpack at 11 PM. And my son seems ok now too so that’s good.
Glad your son is feeling better and you got home without delays, etc.

I haven’t stayed at BWI CL yet, but my experience with all CL is that you can request a glass any time the club is open. You may have to take it in a go cup, like the disposable coffee cup from your room, though I think CR once gave me a plastic cup.

Not at all...if it's in a coffee cup...it's coffee and can be taken anywhere:D We refer it to red, white, and sparkling coffee:drinking1
You can ask for wine at anytime the lounge is open even outside of official serving times. You will need to put it in a paper coffee cup or a plastic cup to take out of the building.

Not at all...if it's in a coffee cup...it's coffee:rolleyes1 We refer it as red, white or sparking coffee.:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter