Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Currently I have booked AKL CL but debating on switching to Grand Destino CL for my May 2022 trip. I've only ever done YC CL in my many Disney Trips and that was a mega upgrade on check in that I got! Looking to splurge as this will be my lone trip next year to finish off my Annual pass. So any recommendations between the two CL's I'd love to hear! Also hoping that a discount will come out for May 2022 to help bring down the costs! Grand Destino CL is about $200 less than AKL CL!

I stayed in Grand Destino last summer in a standard room and loved my tower room....I've also have stayed at AKL 3 times and love how the resort is it's own vacation and so peaceful from the craziness of the parks! I know Grand Destino CL hasn't opened up yet....but those that have stayed at both...which did you prefer and why? Thanks!

That’s an interesting question. Gosh - so different! I loved what GDT CL had going on pre-COVID. I also love AKL CL. I would rate AKL CL’s offerings as more substantial, but GDT CL has (had) a lot of variety, interesting foods and beverages, and great CMs. Probably a push overall, for me.

I think for me it’d be a state of mind decision - do I want the relaxing calm/zen of AKL….or do I want the lighter/brighter/more energetic GDT.

If you’re planning to hit the parks a lot to make final use of your AP, GDT’s location is marginally better than AKL - that would probably influence my thinking on the margins, I think.

Not to feed into what could be misleading info.... but just noticed the Grand Floridian "Outer Building - Standard Room - Club Level" category (which was the Sugarloaf CL room category) no longer shows up on Disney's website. It was there a few weeks ago when I last checked. :scratchin

can someone help me out

i've been trying to call the signature services number 407 939 7777 for a week now and i keep getting 'verizon wireless your call cannot be completed as dialed' is this the right number? does anyone have a different number? am i the only one having this problem or is something just not working right.

I have run into this exact same error a handful of times from my cell phone. I don’t know what causes it, but when it happens, my landline always goes through. :confused3 No idea. It’s so annoying.

I have run into this exact same error a handful of times from my cell phone. I don’t know what causes it, but when it happens, my landline always goes through. :confused3 No idea. It’s so annoying.

Yes, same here. I always tried calling one of Disney’s numbers from my Verizon cell phone but it never goes through… but works on my house phone. This number works though. Strange.

I have called DSS a few times and have not had a problem getting through. I also have verizon so not sure why it isn't working for some of you. :confused3 I'm sorry that is happening. Hopefully it will get fixed soon though!

No sparkling water at AKL unfortunately.
I was able to have someone get if for me in the back when I was there that opening weekend at the end of August, but they didn't have bottles of Perrier and it wasn't on tap like at BWI. It was just brought to me in a glass...so maybe they have it in the back sometimes but run out? Or maybe I just got lucky? Did AKL never have it even before the pandemic? Even RPC only had a few bottles of Perrier in the back when I asked in September, and they used to have plenty of it...so maybe that's another cutback?

Just wanted to say how awesome DSS is. I snagged a fireworks dessert party for my arrival day (tomorrow, huzzah!) a few days ago. My connecting flight time was then changed yesterday to arrive at 4:30. With rush hour and a checked bag, that was just waaaaay too close for comfort, but I was within the no-cancellation timing. I called the “Enchanting Extras” number to see if I could cancel and at least get a credit given the circumstances, and the call was on hold for 2 hrs and 12 min before I had to hang it up to take a work call. I emailed DSS - and they refunded me. I’m sooooo glad CL is back!!!

Last edited:
We concluded part two of our triple split stay which was being immersed at Animal Kingdom Lodge for three nights and visiting Animal Kingdom 2.5 days. I think we did the safari 5 or 6 times

We ate dinner at Tiffins:
We ate dinner at Boma: no picture possible of all that we ate.
Dinner at Saana:

We also had a breakfast at Boma as well. There were so many pastries:
This is us after all of that:

After checking out of AKL this morning, we made our way over to Hollywood Studios, then after lunch took the Skyliner to Epcot to basically make the very long trek to the front of the park (stopping to do Soarin and Living With the Land) where we caught the monorail over to check into Polynesian Villas:

Almost forgot that I had ordered these for my wife’s birthday through Disney Floral. They brought them to our room just after we arrived. They hadn’t been doing that for a while after the reopening- had to get them from lobby. My wife absolutely loves them, we take them home and she gets them to last another week or so.
Funny story, a few years ago I ordered them and they put them in the room before we got there and she walked right past them because she was so thrilled by the room.

Last edited:
Hello! Just popped in to say we officially changed our Aug 2022 reservation to Club Level at the Beach Club! We chose Beach Club for a variety of reasons and we are so excited! We had been booked at GDT in May 2020, but it’s been a really hard year (my MIL passed somewhat unexpectedly a year ago) and we decided to bump up to deluxe. My 6 year old is so ready to go back to Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter