• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Thanks for the pics. I understand about the fruit, but I do think it’s cute how they have the eggs, etc. in little separate cups. I never had coddled eggs—how were they. It looks like they are definitely trying to be a little fancy & more “adult” with the food choices and presentation.
Enjoy Remy. 😀

They are… interesting. And I’ll leave it at that.

Not to feed into what could be misleading info.... but just noticed the Grand Floridian "Outer Building - Standard Room - Club Level" category (which was the Sugarloaf CL room category) no longer shows up on Disney's website. It was there a few weeks ago when I last checked. :scratchin
When we were there in October a longtime CL CM said SL was not going to be CL. I did mention that is says outer building CL on the website, and was told that is not correct. Sorry to see that the CM was correct. I makes sense though for Disney because they are losing rooms with the conversion of BPK to DVC, and as long a they are booking up RPC at rack its a win for Disney...not for us though. :sad2: We had a nice stay there in October but it was just not the same. At those rates it is not acceptable to have so many cutbacks, and they go back before covid.:sad2: I can't see staying there for a whole week again, maybe only a night or two for our MK days, and only with a discount. Not paying rack again. It easier to change resorts than to deal with transportation. With only RPC for CL and less regular rooms I suspect it will be harder to get a discount at the Grand, which I am sure that is what Disney wants.

Happy Thursday everyone! I was taking a look at the Electrical Water Pageant route. Watching this is a "must do" experience for my friend going with me in January. The last few times we have been we were at the Poly CL. We are at Cont CL TPV this coming time and I am wondering if it will go by and we can watch from our balcony. I do see where you can watch from the pool area closest to Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks for you help!

Happy Thursday everyone! I was taking a look at the Electrical Water Pageant route. Watching this is a "must do" experience for my friend going with me in January. The last few times we have been we were at the Poly CL. We are at Cont CL TPV this coming time and I am wondering if it will go by and we can watch from our balcony. I do see where you can watch from the pool area closest to Wilderness Lodge.

Thanks for you help!

Pre-COVID EWP would make a stop out front of the MK entrance and you could get an OK although mostly sideways view from CR TPV rooms (view would vary based on location on the floor). I wouldn’t rate this as a high quality viewing option. But since EWP restarted they don’t do the MK stop anymore, so the best bet is to go downstairs and walk out to the marina/boat dock/beach area, IMO.

Pre-COVID EWP would make a stop out front of the MK entrance and you could get an OK although mostly sideways view from CR TPV rooms (view would vary based on location on the floor). I wouldn’t rate this as a high quality viewing option. But since EWP restarted they don’t do the MK stop anymore, so the best bet is to go downstairs and walk out to the marina/boat dock/beach area, IMO.

Okay thanks! That will work! :)

Agree with above. We had a regular TPV. I think we were on the 8th or 9th floor down fairly far in the north side of the building and had a decent view of it as it was in front of the GF/MK area. Lake view is a much closer view, but for what the show is, I think the TPV view is fine. Not this time, but our last trip we had dinner at CG (must’ve been a 7 ADR) and had a great central window table. We got a beautiful sunset and then were able to watch the EWP make it’s way around Poly & GF. This was back over the summer before fireworks when the EWP had recently restarted and obviously before daylight savings time.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the pics. I understand about the fruit, but I do think it’s cute how they have the eggs, etc. in little separate cups. I never had coddled eggs—how were they. It looks like they are definitely trying to be a little fancy & more “adult” with the food choices and presentation.
Enjoy Remy. 😀
Hahahaha, there are 3 things I don’t eat - eggs that are eggy (as in not disguised with at least cheese and meat), avocado, and banana. So I don’t know - and yes, I ate a giant croissant sandwich for breakfast;)!

Theres people pens on Uzima and sunset savanna. They are holding areas for people to evacuate in case of a fire. These rooms are classified as a standard view. I'm 99% sure no suites or CL rooms would be above one of these. The pic below is on the uzima savanna. I believe the only non-DVC CL 1 bedroom is located on the sunset savanna at the end of the first wing overlooking kidani. Theres also a couple of nonDVC 2 bedroom suites on the zebra trail, one looking at the pool and the other looking at the Arusha savanna at the VERY end of the wing. Then the pres and VP suites are on the 5th floor with all if the DVC units. I'm pretty sure prior to the 5th floor being converted to DVC that those were the CL rooms because they are slightly larger. So when those became DVC the 4th floor Arusha views became the normal CL rooms.

We have booked a 2 bedroom Savannah view club suite, does anyone know which Savannah they overlook or if it’s possible to request Arusha?

Yesterday we spent the morning at Magic Kingdom and for something different we decided to have lunch at P&J’s takeout at Ft Wilderness and have a look around the camp ground. We ended up renting bikes and riding through the entire campground. A very relaxing, fun afternoon:

followed by dinner at California Grill.
the wonton appetizer:

I had the pork loin:

Wife had the beef filet:

Everything was excellent including the service.
And of course, fireworks between main course and dessert:

tonight is Citricos.

We have booked a 2 bedroom Savannah view club suite, does anyone know which Savannah they overlook or if it’s possible to request Arusha?
Just going off of touring plans, there's 2, 2 bedroom locations. Both are on the zebra trail, floors 2-4. One would be at the end of the first wing, facing the uzima and the other would be at the VERY end of the very long main hall, it faces the Arusha. That one would be a pretty good hike to the lounge.

Yeah, we stayed in one of the 2BRs that face the Uzima Savanna one time. It was fine but not sure I totally loved the view on that side. I like the “bigger spaces” like Arusha Savanna better, IMO.

Just going off of touring plans, there's 2, 2 bedroom locations. Both are on the zebra trail, floors 2-4. One would be at the end of the first wing, facing the uzima and the other would be at the VERY end of the very long main hall, it faces the Arusha. That one would be a pretty good hike to the lounge.
Yeah, we stayed in one of the 2BRs that face the Uzima Savanna one time. It was fine but not sure I totally loved the view on that side. I like the “bigger spaces” like Arusha Savanna better, IMO.

Many thanks for your help. So both have their downsides by the sound of it. Did you like the suite itself GADisneyDad14? I would ideally all like to be together as a family but I might switch to 2 club queen rooms to get a better view/be nearer to the lounge. But then I’m aware that requests are never guaranteed anyway!

Yesterday we spent the morning at Magic Kingdom and for something different we decided to have lunch at P&J’s takeout at Ft Wilderness and have a look around the camp ground. We ended up renting bikes and riding through the entire campground. A very relaxing, fun afternoon:
View attachment 623907

followed by dinner at California Grill.
the wonton appetizer:
View attachment 623908

I had the pork loin:
View attachment 623909

Wife had the beef filet:
View attachment 623910

Everything was excellent including the service.
And of course, fireworks between main course and dessert:
View attachment 623912

tonight is Citricos.
My family likes to explore resorts too. I haven’t been over there in years! My inlaws used to bring their motor home and camp when my kids were young.

Hmm I may need to work that in one of these trips.

Accidentally posted in CR/BLT thread, so here’s take 2!!
CR Atrium report. Apps last night were good - no pics, sorry. Short ribs with farro, buckwheat noodles, Asian pulled chicken salad, crudites, charcuterie/meat, salmon, corn dog nuggets, tater tots. Pretty good! We filled up!

But then, this morning... Look like a repeat of yesterday to anyone??? Coddled eggs (again?), French toast. Same meats/cheese as usual. And bakery stuff, but a small tray each of danishes and bagels. no basket of plain croissants. And it’s packed. I mean, it’s D23. What’s the deal? For the cost, not a good value at breakfast.

The CMs are great. Wonderful. But I don’t anticipate returning.

Attachments

• 5B82046D-4C5A-499D-86CF-18124B3ED1B3.jpeg
    5B82046D-4C5A-499D-86CF-18124B3ED1B3.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 70
  • C43E0668-1473-4E49-97B7-D8B83C0356B5.jpeg
    C43E0668-1473-4E49-97B7-D8B83C0356B5.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 43A77431-8662-4D4B-9AF1-AC485A238881.jpeg
    43A77431-8662-4D4B-9AF1-AC485A238881.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 69
  • F401F584-0436-404B-AF6F-C5E95867BC32.jpeg
    F401F584-0436-404B-AF6F-C5E95867BC32.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter