Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

This might be an odd question, but I thought I'd ask here before calling DSS. We check in tomorrow for 4 nights at AKL CL. I got a call yesterday from DSS (I assume - caller ID showed up as AKL, but I'm thinking it wasn't someone from the actual lodge). Anyway, after confirming our details, I gave her my room request, which was pretty much "not right by the elevator." I mentioned that we like to wander to Kidani Village at times, so the lady I spoke with said she'd put in a request for the Sunset Savannah. I was semi distracted at the time and didn't think about it until now. Aren't the CL rooms on Arusha? I guess it doesn't matter, as long as we have CL access, but I'd rather not end up with a "people pen" view, which I think you can get on the Sunset Savannah. It's been a long time since we stayed CL at AKL, so maybe things are different now. I plan to call back, but they don't open until 9, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask everyone here. I'll roam through the AKL thread, too.

I have reservations for Poly CL checking in the day they reopen. Will they serve breakfast on opening day or not because check in is 3pm

I would assume so. Typically on your check in day, you can access the lounge upon arrival immediately (after you check in). Not sure if they still do lounge tours, but it may be offered. Enjoy it!!

This might be an odd question, but I thought I'd ask here before calling DSS. We check in tomorrow for 4 nights at AKL CL. I got a call yesterday from DSS (I assume - caller ID showed up as AKL, but I'm thinking it wasn't someone from the actual lodge). Anyway, after confirming our details, I gave her my room request, which was pretty much "not right by the elevator." I mentioned that we like to wander to Kidani Village at times, so the lady I spoke with said she'd put in a request for the Sunset Savannah. I was semi distracted at the time and didn't think about it until now. Aren't the CL rooms on Arusha? I guess it doesn't matter, as long as we have CL access, but I'd rather not end up with a "people pen" view, which I think you can get on the Sunset Savannah. It's been a long time since we stayed CL at AKL, so maybe things are different now. I plan to call back, but they don't open until 9, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask everyone here. I'll roam through the AKL thread, too.

Yeah, hotel CL rooms have historically only been Arusha, unless I’ve been living under a rock. Not sure if the CM was mistaken or something is different? AKL CL is one of the CLs where people report direct calls from the resort in the days leading up to your arrival, so that could have been someone actually at AKL, not DSS.

Let us know how it goes!

Yeah, hotel CL rooms have historically only been Arusha, unless I’ve been living under a rock. Not sure if the CM was mistaken or something is different? AKL CL is one of the CLs where people report direct calls from the resort in the days leading up to your arrival, so that could have been someone actually at AKL, not DSS.

Let us know how it goes!
I'll definitely update if I get through to anyone. I've been on hold for 90 minutes so far. And that's calling through DSS, not the regular reservation number. It's a bit ridiculous. I did email just in case I'm on hold much longer (or the call drops, which only seems to happen to me when I've been on hold with someone for a while).

We have our first Club Kilimanjaro stay booked for summer! 🥳

Do they usually (sometimes?) have Boma sticky buns for breakfast?

Yes they do! They are in the pan on the right. This was a Saturday morning just FYI. We also had the Boma bread pudding with the vanilla sauce a different morning.

Attachments

• 20211016_102004.jpg
    20211016_102004.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 43

Let us know how it goes!

Not living under a rock. CL rooms at AKL are a bit complicated. Yes, they are on the 4th floor looking at the Arusha savanna, however, these are not exclusively CL rooms. Technically anyone with a savanna view could be placed in one of these rooms.

Sunset savanna is my least favorite of the 3. You won't have a people pen room but you could be placed in a dead end area where animals rarely roam. If you check in today, its highly likely your room has already been assigned, I think they typically do that 5ish days out. I would just wait until you are at the hotel and ask for a different room if you don't like the one you get.

I would assume so. Typically on your check in day, you can access the lounge upon arrival immediately (after you check in). Not sure if they still do lounge tours, but it may be offered. Enjoy it!!

I’m not sure if this will be true on opening day, although it might be. But given that anyone with a club level room won’t be able to check in until 3 PM, is it possible they won’t be staffing the lounge until then? Maybe this poster can contact DSS and ask if they have any info, or maybe we’ll find someone on this board who has attended a CL reopening this year and can give us more information?

Pieced together a 4 night CL studio stay using our DVC points! :banana: We will have a couple of trips in between now and then and hopefully BWI CL for a few nights before cruising.

We are going to pop in to POFQ for a night because that was the very first resort we stayed - maybe two and then move to Boardwalk (no CL on this reservation-yet)

I am just excited to be able to use our AKV points for a CL stay. We have never been able to get that category before. We stayed in a 2 br villa in December of 2018 and it was great-except when we walked past that CL gate on the 5th floor. :-)

Just arrived CR Atrium. These rooms are much nicer than I expected!! Apps out at lounge - beouf bourginon, some sort of salmon, make your own fancy cheese/meat plate (includes nuts and honeycomb, yum), mini wedge salads, marinated veggies. 3 types each red (included a merlot and pinot) and white (included sauv blanc and moscato) and a sparkling. I’ll snag pics in the coming days, but here’s a cheers to all of you:).

Attachments

• 6D0DAF63-B62D-4BCA-96D4-D9437291BE35.jpeg
    6D0DAF63-B62D-4BCA-96D4-D9437291BE35.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 32
Just arrived CR Atrium. These rooms are much nicer than I expected!! Apps out at lounge - beouf bourginon, some sort of salmon, make your own fancy cheese/meat plate (includes nuts and honeycomb, yum), mini wedge salads, marinated veggies. 3 types each red (included a merlot and pinot) and white (included sauv blanc and moscato) and a sparkling. I’ll snag pics in the coming days, but here’s a cheers to all of you:).
Enjoy. Recently stayed in a regular TPV tower room and am so tempted to try atrium club there. Would love to see more pics and food reviews. Have a great stay!

We are thinking of doing this as well. Enjoy it!!

Aren't the CL rooms on Arusha? I guess it doesn't matter, as long as we have CL access, but I'd rather not end up with a "people pen" view, which I think you can get on the Sunset Savannah.
We were on the Sunset Savannah every time we booked the 1BR CL, and Arusha with the 2QB. Please let us know if the rooms on Sunset are now CL rooms. I personally would love to take a 2nd floor room.

Where are the "people pens"?

I had an air conditioning problem and moved from Arusha to Uzima. I saw the same number of animals fwiw. It looks like a similar swap for you. No worries. It looks like that meets your request without losing what you paid for.

That view never gets old. Thanks for sharing. Have fun!

We were on the Sunset Savannah every time we booked the 1BR CL, and Arusha with the 2QB. Please let us know if the rooms on Sunset are now CL rooms. I personally would love to take a 2nd floor room.

Where are the "people pens"?

Theres people pens on Uzima and sunset savanna. They are holding areas for people to evacuate in case of a fire. These rooms are classified as a standard view. I'm 99% sure no suites or CL rooms would be above one of these. The pic below is on the uzima savanna. I believe the only non-DVC CL 1 bedroom is located on the sunset savanna at the end of the first wing overlooking kidani. Theres also a couple of nonDVC 2 bedroom suites on the zebra trail, one looking at the pool and the other looking at the Arusha savanna at the VERY end of the wing. Then the pres and VP suites are on the 5th floor with all if the DVC units. I'm pretty sure prior to the 5th floor being converted to DVC that those were the CL rooms because they are slightly larger. So when those became DVC the 4th floor Arusha views became the normal CL rooms.

Attachments

• 20211017_080338.jpg
    20211017_080338.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 34
CR Atrium club - Grabbed coffee first thing, then went back to my room to grab a Remy BG (#10! Yesssss) and $LL for FOP at 2 and Dwarves before the Xmas party tonight. Went back to grab breakfast - the fruit is ridiculous - it’s practically minced! But everything else is lovely. Not picturef - rolls/croissants/danishes and bagels. Lounge is pretty empty.

Attachments

• 22F0DBE1-7467-4C05-8934-F02202EC4FBF.jpeg
    22F0DBE1-7467-4C05-8934-F02202EC4FBF.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 97
  • BCCD11E1-5428-4E89-8A91-0B1E846FA680.jpeg
    BCCD11E1-5428-4E89-8A91-0B1E846FA680.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 98
  • CDD9BD64-99EE-4414-BE1A-0425A934BA94.jpeg
    CDD9BD64-99EE-4414-BE1A-0425A934BA94.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 1DC59E6F-5616-46A3-90D0-71A81E6E9D5C.jpeg
    1DC59E6F-5616-46A3-90D0-71A81E6E9D5C.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 100
CR Atrium club - Grabbed coffee first thing, then went back to my room to grab a Remy BG (#10! Yesssss) and $LL for FOP at 2 and Dwarves before the Xmas party tonight. Went back to grab breakfast - the fruit is ridiculous - it’s practically minced! But everything else is lovely. Not picturef - rolls/croissants/danishes and bagels. Lounge is pretty empty.
Update - lounge no longer empty!! Quite busy by 7:40!

Thanks for the pics. I understand about the fruit, but I do think it’s cute how they have the eggs, etc. in little separate cups. I never had coddled eggs—how were they. It looks like they are definitely trying to be a little fancy & more “adult” with the food choices and presentation.
Enjoy Remy. 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter