Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Hi! Just back from a split stay BWI and YC. It was our first time staying at the BWI. I've always avoided it b/c of the scary clown pool and I didn't like that some of the CL rooms are outside the locked door. However, we decided to try it out and we are so happy we did! We had a room overlooking the quiet pool, the only place we went swimming, no scary clown pool! The lounge was great! I loved that the chef stood in the lounge and did hot apps. I know one night we had chicken and waffles and seafood mac & cheese. It was all very delicious. The staff was great! Always taking away dirty dishes quickly, even while you were still sitting there finishing up your drink. They were great about replenishing foods and drinks, for the most part. Two small creamers in the morning were always emptying quickly is one of my only complaints.

We check in at the YC on Friday. I hope it calms down a bit. Did they run out of any food or were they able to keep up and accommodate everyone?

Although you booked for 1 night you can fully use the lounge for 2 days. You can check in anytime after 6am? So you can do breakfast, day time offerings are limited, cookies, snack mix. Then evening apps start at 5pm and end at 7pm. Dessert comes out at 8-10pm. We easily make a meal of the evening apps, usually. If you like the food of Jiko, Boma and Sanaa then you will love the apps. A few times we've wondered down to Mara but that was before they brought in the chef. Soda, juice, milk, coffee, tea, beer, wine are available all day from 6:30am-10pm. And yes double check your reservation because Savannah view CL isn't a bookable category with DVC. If you booked a Savannah view then its just a room, no club. If you booked CL only 2 studios have a view of sunset savannah, which is the smallest and gets the least animals and 3 studios have a roof/pool view. As mentioned you will be on the 6th floor with the lounge which is awesome. I would take full advantage of the lounge, there's a ton of stuff to do at the resort all day long. Plan to be at the resort as much as possible.

Thanks for the info and you are correct...we have a 1BR Jambo CL room. I must have been confused because one of my other options WAS to book a Savannah View room at Jambo House also. We decided to go with CL just to try it out.

Great news about being able to use it so much. I think our current plans of use are okay for now. I changed our dining reservation for Friday to Jiko because we LOVED it last time and can use that 30% discount and because if we are at the resort it will be easy to get there. I'm sure will the August heat and rain we can find ways to maximize our resort time. We've only stayed at Kidani in the past, so it will be cool to be at Jambo this time. We may or may not keep our Sanaa lunch.

Definitely looking forward to it!

It is hard for our family to walk away and leave a table with dirty dishes on it.

Same here. I like clearing my stuff and leaving a clean table as I can't stand walking away leaving dirty dishes behind :sad2:.

We do have plans for lunch at Sanaa that day before leaving. Can we still use the lounge the rest of the day of checkout or not? Could we grab afternoon snacks after lunch to hit the road with them?

As RachelTori posted, you have access to the lounge from the minute you check in until midnight of the day you check out ;).

Hi! Just back from a split stay BWI and YC. It was our first time staying at the BWI. I've always avoided it b/c of the scary clown pool and I didn't like that some of the CL rooms are outside the locked door. However, we decided to try it out and we are so happy we did! We had a room overlooking the quiet pool, the only place we went swimming, no scary clown pool! The lounge was great! I loved that the chef stood in the lounge and did hot apps. I know one night we had chicken and waffles and seafood mac & cheese. It was all very delicious. The staff was great! Always taking away dirty dishes quickly, even while you were still sitting there finishing up your drink. They were great about replenishing foods and drinks, for the most part. Two small creamers in the morning were always emptying quickly is one of my only complaints.

My stay at the YC didn't start off great. First, I guess on one of the elevators the mickey scanner wasn't working. We didn't know, so my MB wouldn't let us up. I hate asking check-in the bring us up (I miss the tablet people as you walk in). Then, it was just DD and I, and wouldn't you know it - they put us in a king room. Second time this has happened. It also happened at the BC. Hello! We are a party of two but listed at 1 adult 1 child. Stop putting us in king beds! It was literally the last room on the floor. So we had to go all the way back with luggage in tow to the desk to request a new room. Thankfully, he got us a 2 bed on that floor. We could see MK fireworks from our balcony. I thought the new decor was a little lacking. I miss the Disney touch in the rooms. I could've been anywhere in that room, the Hilton, the Hampton Inn. Nothing said "Disney" about it. The lounge was very busy. I've never seen such long lines for the food. The staff was not great about collecting dirty dishes. Tables would sitting with dishes. Some people would just move the dishes over to another table with dishes and sit down. I wish at all the lounges, they would have a place for dirty dishes (like the old days at WL). Also, we had gotten a big bottle of Dasani water at the BWI daily and had gotten this at the WL in April, but nothing at the YC. I didn't even see if on the housekeeping carts in the hallway, so I don't think it was that we were skipped. Overall, great stays at both places. Definitely want to do BWI again.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice time overall at both resorts :wizard:.

Well, my friends, I have started a Trip Report at https://www.disboards.com/threads/austin-family-blowout-aug-2017.3622185/
(GADisneyDad14, nice to see you there.)

We are staying at the Poly CL for 3 nights and the YC CL for 3 nights. Will post pics once we get to the world. I hope to stay on top of the report daily or almost daily.

Have a great time! :yay:

Looking forward to your reports & pics :goodvibes.

Thanks for the info and you are correct...we have a 1BR Jambo CL room. I must have been confused because one of my other options WAS to book a Savannah View room at Jambo House also. We decided to go with CL just to try it out.

Great news about being able to use it so much. I think our current plans of use are okay for now. I changed our dining reservation for Friday to Jiko because we LOVED it last time and can use that 30% discount and because if we are at the resort it will be easy to get there. I'm sure will the August heat and rain we can find ways to maximize our resort time. We've only stayed at Kidani in the past, so it will be cool to be at Jambo this time. We may or may not keep our Sanaa lunch.

Definitely looking forward to it!

Have a great time! :)

For the GF, if you have an Outer Building CL reservation, that's Sugar Loaf (SL). SL has two sides, one side faces the Courtyard Pool (which is a beautiful view) and the other side faces the Marina (also a great view). Some of the rooms on the Marina side also have a good view of the monorail and look towards the MK, but you can't really see it. You can see high fireworks from some select rooms if you look to the right.

Given the size of the trees surrounding the building and balcony configurations, some SL views are better than others. Rooms towards the 'middle' generally have better views (no trees/plants right outside) but you get a bit of noise from the middle atrium/lounge. Rooms towards the ends are away from the atrium but can have more plants in your direct view. I'm generalizing a bit here as it's variable.

Fourth floor rooms have dormer balconies, which some people don't like as they are smaller and let in less light. Some third floor rooms (on the end of the hallways) have dormer balconies too. All others are full/normal balconies.

This floorplan pic may help, this happens to be the third floor. The room I had in April was in red.

View attachment 252346

Here was my view looking right...I could have seen high fireworks if I stuck my head over just a bit more. This was in April - it's more green now. :-)
View attachment 252347

Here's a view of the fireworks from the Gaspy's/marina area. This is just a handful of steps out the back door to SL, very easy to pop out here to watch. There is sound played in this area.
View attachment 252352

As the PP noted, at Poly with a GV room you will be facing the Oasis Pool courtyard area, not towards the MK. But, the lounge has a GREAT view - arguably the best of any CL lounge on property (maybe tied with CR).

Here's a view from the lounge (I'm up against the glass in this photo).
View attachment 252353

And fireworks at night. They play the music in here. They didn't this night, but I read a recent report of them lowering the lights for the show, which historically has been my only gripe about watching from here. FWIW, you're also just a few steps from the beach, so VERY easy to pop out and watch from there.
View attachment 252355

Hope that helps!

GADisneyDad14, I'm searching "Sugarloaf" in this thread, and finding so many amazing posts from you! We will have a SL SV room this holiday season. We've read horror stories about noise from both the Sugarloaf kitchen and elevators, so want to be away from those, but also noise from the SL lobby (which I imagine can't be totally avoided in this building). We are early to bed and early to rise kind of people, with small (but quiet) children, so a quiet room with a nice balcony (so we can have a space in the evening to talk after the kids go to sleep!) is so important. Any room request recommendations for the quietest rooms? I already see we need to request a full balcony and 2nd or 3rd floor, and maybe a marina view... Just can't wait for this amazing stay (and may bounce back to Poly CL next holiday season!). Thank you!!!!!

My stay at the YC didn't start off great. First, I guess on one of the elevators the mickey scanner wasn't working. We didn't know, so my MB wouldn't let us up. I hate asking check-in the bring us up (I miss the tablet people as you walk in). Then, it was just DD and I, and wouldn't you know it - they put us in a king room. Second time this has happened. It also happened at the BC. Hello! We are a party of two but listed at 1 adult 1 child. Stop putting us in king beds! It was literally the last room on the floor. So we had to go all the way back with luggage in tow to the desk to request a new room. Thankfully, he got us a 2 bed on that floor. We could see MK fireworks from our balcony. I thought the new decor was a little lacking. I miss the Disney touch in the rooms. I could've been anywhere in that room, the Hilton, the Hampton Inn. Nothing said "Disney" about it. The lounge was very busy. I've never seen such long lines for the food. The staff was not great about collecting dirty dishes. Tables would sitting with dishes. Some people would just move the dishes over to another table with dishes and sit down. I wish at all the lounges, they would have a place for dirty dishes (like the old days at WL). Also, we had gotten a big bottle of Dasani water at the BWI daily and had gotten this at the WL in April, but nothing at the YC. I didn't even see if on the housekeeping carts in the hallway, so I don't think it was that we were skipped. Overall, great stays at both places. Definitely want to do BWI again.
I'm actually crying laughing right now about the scary clown pool; that's exactly what I've always thought, too!! (Clowns terrify me.) However, I hear such amazing things about BWI CL that I might just have to give it a whirl. :clown:

Any suggestions from the Poly experts regarding check-in preferences. We will be arriving after 8 at night via town car. Should we do online check-in or is it better to check in on arrival? Also, do we go to main lobby or carry luggage back to club lobby? Thanks!

The omelets (and Bloody Mary's!) are only available Sunday mornings. They are made to order and were delicious! (DH and I stayed there in June.)

Redgie (from Flying Fish) was our chef during our entire stay, making weeknight appetizers and the Sunday Brunch. :goodvibes

Did you happen to note what else was offered? We are staying over Labor Day. Thanks!!

Did you happen to note what else was offered? We are staying over Labor Day. Thanks!!

Did you mean for Sunday morning Brunch? Vanilla Oatmeal, Polenta, fresh fruit (strawberries, cantaloupe, honey dew, pineapple). Cheese & grapes, meats (prosciutto& ham), Crostini, homemade Artic Char Gravlax with capers, red onion, lemon. Bagels, muffins, croissants, danish, breads. There were lots of choices for the made-to-order omelettes!

If I can ever get my photos transferred to a hosting site, I will be happy to post photos -- I have many! ;)

So glad, we weren't the only ones who observed this. We are not extroverts, pretty quiet...I thought maybe it was just us. We actually had one CM tell my husband he'd have to wait, she was re-arranging, wiping down counter etc... (and this was after we had waited a good 10 min, so as not to interrupt her, she could see us patiently waiting). Part of it, was the way she said it. DH was pretty livid. Anyhow...maybe she was just having a bad day...
Wow, that would not have flown with me. I mean, I would not have made a scene but I would have shot off an email to guest relations from my smartphone with her name and a description of the incident. I get it if it's a quick thing and the CM is just finishing something up, but when you already waited 10 mins? Please.

Wow, that would not have flown with me. I mean, I would not have made a scene but I would have shot off an email to guest relations from my smartphone with her name and a description of the incident. I get it if it's a quick thing and the CM is just finishing something up, but when you already waited 10 mins? Please.

DH was pretty hot, I had to calm him down. Part of it was the way she said it too. We were trying to wait on her to finish but we had waited for a while and the kids were getting antsy, we had just missed the evening offering because they were shutting down at 6:55p. We were just going to grab adult beverages and head down to the mara. Anyway, I try to brush that stuff off, but when you're paying a premium I don't think it's wrong to expect accommodating service.

Oh, one thing I left off on my AKL "review." Regarding ADRs and FP. The day we checked in we ended up needing tp push our FP back a bit for that eve. I asked the gentlemen who checked us in if they had luck modifying FP, he said no they could see what we could see.
So this one is a little out there, but we have a family trip (10ppl) staying at Kidani for Christmas. My family has requested an ohana dinner adr. So far I've had no luck on my own. So I thought it was worth a shot to ask for their assistance. I thought they may say no can do, with it being a future non cl stay. Instead the CM at the desk said the same thing. Sorry, if you can't get it we can't get it.
So there's that.

I am certainly not an expert, as our upcoming stay will be our first club level experience, but it is hard for me to believe that they see the same stuff we do. I was looking for an 8am Crystal Palace reservation and had checked several times a day repeatedly but when I called DSS they were able to make the reservation with no problems. Maybe the phone staff have advantages over the CMs at the desk?

Ok y'all. We bit the bullet and switched our room at BC to a Club Level.We have only stayed Club level at AK. So please tell me everything. Share your pics anything you have I will take. We are super excited about our trip and most excited we were able to even get BC for the week of Oct 29- Nov 3rd because of it be Food and Wine Festival but to be able to switch is Amazing..

What a great time to be at WDW (Halloween!) and at BC in particular! I don't have anything particularly useful to share as I have only stayed 1 night at BC CL and it was exactly this time one year ago. We had been at Poly CL for a week and moved over for just one night to end our vacation.

Not sure if I had been worn down by the Poly CL food or what (this was before recent food upgrades there) but I was absolutely blown away by the quality and variety of the BC CL food offerings. While the lounge doesn't have a view and is not a place I'd really hang out like I might at some other CLs, it is beautiful, bright, clean, and very functional, IMHO.

Here are some random pics, again, with a BIG CAVEAT that these are a year old so some of the offerings could be stale.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.jpg
    IMG_1654.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1656.jpg
    IMG_1656.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1661.jpg
    IMG_1661.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1663.jpg
    IMG_1663.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1687.JPG
    IMG_1687.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 32

Attachments

• IMG_1702.jpg
    IMG_1702.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1868.JPG
    IMG_1868.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1871.JPG
    IMG_1871.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1873.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1877.JPG
    IMG_1877.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 27
GADisneyDad14, I'm searching "Sugarloaf" in this thread, and finding so many amazing posts from you! We will have a SL SV room this holiday season. We've read horror stories about noise from both the Sugarloaf kitchen and elevators, so want to be away from those, but also noise from the SL lobby (which I imagine can't be totally avoided in this building). We are early to bed and early to rise kind of people, with small (but quiet) children, so a quiet room with a nice balcony (so we can have a space in the evening to talk after the kids go to sleep!) is so important. Any room request recommendations for the quietest rooms? I already see we need to request a full balcony and 2nd or 3rd floor, and maybe a marina view... Just can't wait for this amazing stay (and may bounce back to Poly CL next holiday season!). Thank you!!!!!

I feel a bit unqualified to answer as I've only been to SL once (back in April) so really can only comment on that one room that we had. We were in 6317 which is towards the middle, marina side, third floor. I'd check out the Touring Plans Room Finder thing... you can look at the floor plans for each floor in Sugar Loaf. Some of their room views are junk but the floorplans are useful to get a feel for the layout.

I tend to think rooms on either "hall" on the 2nd floor and and the first four on each "hall" side of the 3rd floor could be good options to get away from lobby noise and have a full balcony, but I'm not totally sure about that and don't know what the views are like from there (trees?). If I could pick a room, I'd probably want something like 6202-6204ish.

BUT, big caveat that you shouldn't totally trust my advice since I haven't lived it, I'm guessing a bit from what I 'think' it would be like.

Sorry that's not that helpful. There are a couple of folks around that have a lot better feel for the SL rooms than me so maybe they can chime in.

Hope you have a great trip!

Any suggestions from the Poly experts regarding check-in preferences. We will be arriving after 8 at night via town car. Should we do online check-in or is it better to check in on arrival? Also, do we go to main lobby or carry luggage back to club lobby? Thanks!

I do online check-in but I also will still "check-in" when I arrive (even if I have received the room ready info), mainly just to chat with the CL CMs, get any paperwork, sand pail for the kiddos, etc. Just going straight to my room is a bit too impersonal for me.

There is sometimes a "Club Level Check-In" sign at a specific station in the main lobby. It's the first one on the right when you walk in. If the sign is up and the CM is available, it's worth stopping there and telling them you're checking in CL. If that sign isn't up or if you have to wait for a CM, I'd just walk back to the Hawaii longhouse yourself.

People will occasionally report being greeted with an ipad greeter out front, but that hasn't happened to me at Poly in quite a while. YMMV.

You can either take your luggage with you yourself or have bell services assist you (we use bell services).

Does that help? Hope you have a great stay!

I am certainly not an expert, as our upcoming stay will be our first club level experience, but it is hard for me to believe that they see the same stuff we do. I was looking for an 8am Crystal Palace reservation and had checked several times a day repeatedly but when I called DSS they were able to make the reservation with no problems. Maybe the phone staff have advantages over the CMs at the desk?

I think it's hit or miss with who you speak with. I emailed for an are I couldn't get and they said they couldn't get it either. Other posters were able to get ads from dad that were showing no availability. This has me thinking maybe I should try asking again .

I think it's hit or miss with who you speak with. I emailed for an are I couldn't get and they said they couldn't get it either. Other posters were able to get ads from dad that were showing no availability. This has me thinking maybe I should try asking again .

Have you tried using the touring plans reservation finder? I have been very lucky using it to get reservations for 2,3, 5 & 6 people. So far, 'Ohana has been the hardest to get, although I did get it for a party of 2 recently.

I do online check-in but I also will still "check-in" when I arrive (even if I have received the room ready info), mainly just to chat with the CL CMs, get any paperwork, sand pail for the kiddos, etc. Just going straight to my room is a bit too impersonal for me.

There is sometimes a "Club Level Check-In" sign at a specific station in the main lobby. It's the first one on the right when you walk in. If the sign is up and the CM is available, it's worth stopping there and telling them you're checking in CL. If that sign isn't up or if you have to wait for a CM, I'd just walk back to the Hawaii longhouse yourself.

People will occasionally report being greeted with an ipad greeter out front, but that hasn't happened to me at Poly in quite a while. YMMV.

You can either take your luggage with you yourself or have bell services assist you (we use bell services).

Does that help? Hope you have a great stay!

:thumbsup2

@GADisneyDad14 I know you have been to the Poly recently - or anyone can answer this. We are going to the Poly CL with friends who have never stayed there before because they are DVC members and we want them to get the whole Poly welcome. Did you get leis the last time you went? Last year they had a club level check in desk in the lobby where we were greeted and given leis and brought to the Hawaii building. Do you know if that is still the same - or do you go directly to the Hawaii building. Thanks - they are so excited to stay at the Poly - their DD came with us last year and wants her parents and grandparents to get the whole experience that she got last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter