Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We did not have the large water our first night at GF RPC but it was there the rest of the time. The lack of bottled water in the lounge- even upon request is just bizarre. Both GF and BWI had waters available to take the first couple days but then they disappeared. I know food options can vary from lounge to lounge but basic stuff like water bottles should be more consistent.
Agreed, but no bottles of water has long been the policy at WDW. I'm surprised to hear any WDW CL's have recently given it out.

I feel I should mention that the Universal CL's DO give guests bottled water. Guests just have to ask. Actually HRH has their own Hard Rock branded water bottles. They don't refrigerate it though.

We always buy water when we stay at the WDW CL's, which is a bit of a pain. The Hess stations on property have water, but you kinda need transportation to get there. I wonder if the new Minnie-vans will take guests there?

I think my photos have been removed because I was using photobucket and now you have to pay for 3rd party hosting with them. I haven't moved them to a different photo hosting site. But, I'd be happy to answer any specific questions anyone has!

I have a lot of photos from our stay earlier this month. I only use my iPhone and save them to Google Photos which won't let me post them here.

I will say, while WL breakfast and evening appetizers were very good, the 11:30am to 4:00pm daily snacks did not impress me.

I have tons of old photos on photobucket I need to rescue.:sad1:

Last edited:
We have stayed at least once a year for the past 10 years or so at AKL. For our May 2017 trip we did a split stay Poly/AKL. We typically do not buy balloons because of the hassle of checking them at AKL. However since we stayed at the Poly first, we bought balloons at MK. When we came from the Poly we had the balloons. When the club level greeter met us in the lobby at AKL, I said I just need to go to Bell services really quick (to check the balloons). When I got there the bellman said you do not want to hold on to your balloons. I said oh I thought I couldn't. He said they had changed the policy and I could take the balloons to our room. When the club level greeter realized why I was at the bell desk, he confirmed that at the beginning of the year they began permitting balloons.
Thank you for this news - I will be passing this on!

Well I’m finally getting around to transferring my pictures to my PC so I can post a mini review of our July 4 stay at Poly! This was our 6th straight year staying at Poly CL over this holiday. We booked a CL LV room and for those of you who remember my posts from the past over July 4 week, we’ve had Room 1503 three times, Room 1505, a 3rd floor room (3517?), and now Room 1501 a couple weeks ago. No doubt 1501 is VERY convenient. Steps away from the CMs, the stairs to the lounge, and outside to the pools or beach. My only dislike about this room is the shrubs to the left need a good cut to have a full vision of GF. Otherwise, no complaints about this room at all:

POLY CL LV ROOM 1501
Looking to the left and standing up so I can see over the shrubs:

IMG_2059.JPG

Straight ahead from middle of patio:

IMG_2060.JPG

Zoomed in from left side of patio to show Castle in the distance:

IMG_2062.JPG

View to the right:

IMG_2063.JPG

View of our (bottom corner) room from the beach to show the shrubs:

IMG_4590.JPG

So the new lounge food has been well documented here, and @GADisneyDad14 posted detailed pictures a couple months ago and the food is exactly the same now. The chicken and meatball were our favorites for evening apps:

IMG_4585.JPG

IMG_4532.JPG

My DD's liked this sandwich. I think it was a turkey BLT maybe(?):

IMG_4534.JPG

I think a lot of people were curious about this cucumber (thing) sorry, I can't remember the official name:

IMG_4533.JPG

As reported on this board, the afternoon snacks are SO much improved. Loved the addition of grilled chicken:

IMG_4574.JPG

Most afternoons, they also had out almost every kind of nut such as cashews, pistachios, almonds, etc. We were so pleased to experience the new food offerings in person! The evening apps are definitely different than previous years. My only complaint would be the portions are so small - as you can see there is one tiny meatball in a small bowl. I would think this makes for a lot of extra work for the chef to garnish each small plate and keep up with the hungry guests. Also, it's more work on the CMs to clear tables because there are so many of those little bowls/dishes. The old area where we used to leave dirty plates is now used to hold the wine, so most dirty plates stay right on the tables. There is a very tiny round stool near the wine where people were setting dirties and many nights we'd hear crashes as everything would topple and fall. They might need a new system in this regard!

We found the alcohol service to be extremely guest-friendly. In a time when most lounges have switched to have an alcohol server, the Poly has gone the "other" way and they put beer in the refrigerator at noon now and leave it there all day right through dessert time, I believe. I love that they have Angry Orchard now too!

Stay tuned for thoughts on July 4 at the Poly CL!

Agreed, but no bottles of water has long been the policy at WDW. I'm surprised to hear any WDW CL's have recently given it out.

I feel I should mention that the Universal CL's DO give guests bottled water. Guests just have to ask. Actually HRH has their own Hard Rock branded water bottles. They don't refrigerate it though.

We always buy water when we stay at the WDW CL's, which is a bit of a pain. The Hess stations on property have water, but you kinda need transportation to get there. I wonder if the new Minnie-vans will take guests there?
When we last stayed at the BWI CL (Dec. 2016) they had small water bottles on request. We always fly and take a town car so no rental car and the CL at BWI was more than happy to supply us with a couple of gallons of distilled water for a C-Pac machine when we requested it. I would think they would want more of us to NOT drive so that we used there new uber cars and stay on property only.

Continued......

Staying at Poly CL over the July 4 holiday is really something special. This year was especially fun because my family got to meet 2 other DIS families :wave2: to share the fun with!

The July 4 food in the Poly CL was actually different this year! For the last 5 years, it has been the same boiled hotdogs, baked beans or chili, chicken wings, salad, mac & cheese. This year almost everything was different! And better, imo.

Hotdogs, hamburger sliders, ribs, potato salad, watermelon:

IMG_4555.JPG

Anyone who was staying at Poly CL last 4th of July, you'll recall the lounge was SO packed that the food line went to the 3rd floor. It was insane! This year was like night and day. There wasn't even a line! I took this picture at 4:58pm to show the empty lounge!

Lounge pic edit.jpg

But outside was another story. Some of you may recall last year the Poly did a phenomenal job keeping people off the Hawaii grass for the 4th of July MK fireworks. So you would think they'd do the same this year, but sadly they did not. They decided to give people 10 feet of space on the grass to watch the show. A part of me wonders if they would've even enforced that if I wouldn't have found a manager to talk to about it. The manager personally went outside to be sure it was monitored by a different CM, and that CM did an outstanding job enforcing the 10 feet. So this is what it looked like from the beach to our room at 8:31pm:

outside room edit.jpg

In the end, the people didn't really bother our view of the show because the 4th of July is more about the fireworks than anything else, so all we need to do is look up to the sky. The CM made sure everyone was sitting down and away from the patio so that it wasn't too distracting.

IMG_0867.JPG

OFF TOPIC, but thanks to an outstanding review by @GADisneyDad14, we booked the Garden View Dessert Party at MK so we could watch HEA from a prime spot. Besides getting to spend time with some DIS friends, this Party was the highlight of our trip! The Castle projections are not as clear from Poly, of course, so I'm VERY glad I watched it both ways!

THIS IS HEA FROM THE GARDEN VIEWING AREA IN MK:

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

Thank you!!!

You're welcome :).

Well I’m finally getting around to transferring my pictures to my PC so I can post a mini review of our July 4 stay at Poly! This was our 6th straight year staying at Poly CL over this holiday. We booked a CL LV room and for those of you who remember my posts from the past over July 4 week, we’ve had Room 1503 three times, Room 1505, a 3rd floor room (3517?), and now Room 1501 a couple weeks ago. No doubt 1501 is VERY convenient. Steps away from the CMs, the stairs to the lounge, and outside to the pools or beach. My only dislike about this room is the shrubs to the left need a good cut to have a full vision of GF. Otherwise, no complaints about this room at all

Thanks for your detailed review! Glad you had another great 4th of July trip. Love all the great pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Reactions: TJA

Well I’m finally getting around to transferring my pictures to my PC so I can post a mini review of our July 4 stay at Poly! This was our 6th straight year staying at Poly CL over this holiday. We booked a CL LV room and for those of you who remember my posts from the past over July 4 week, we’ve had Room 1503 three times, Room 1505, a 3rd floor room (3517?), and now Room 1501 a couple weeks ago. No doubt 1501 is VERY convenient. Steps away from the CMs, the stairs to the lounge, and outside to the pools or beach. My only dislike about this room is the shrubs to the left need a good cut to have a full vision of GF. Otherwise, no complaints about this room at all:

POLY CL LV ROOM 1501
Looking to the left and standing up so I can see over the shrubs:

View attachment 256899

Straight ahead from middle of patio:

View attachment 256900

Zoomed in from left side of patio to show Castle in the distance:

View attachment 256901

View to the right:

View attachment 256902

View of our (bottom corner) room from the beach to show the shrubs:

View attachment 256905

So the new lounge food has been well documented here, and @GADisneyDad14 posted detailed pictures a couple months ago and the food is exactly the same now. The chicken and meatball were our favorites for evening apps:

View attachment 256911

View attachment 256906

My DD's liked this sandwich. I think it was a turkey BLT maybe(?):

View attachment 256908

I think a lot of people were curious about this cucumber (thing) sorry, I can't remember the official name:

View attachment 256907

As reported on this board, the afternoon snacks are SO much improved. Loved the addition of grilled chicken:

View attachment 256910

Most afternoons, they also had out almost every kind of nut such as cashews, pistachios, almonds, etc. We were so pleased to experience the new food offerings in person! The evening apps are definitely different than previous years. My only complaint would be the portions are so small - as you can see there is one tiny meatball in a small bowl. I would think this makes for a lot of extra work for the chef to garnish each small plate and keep up with the hungry guests. Also, it's more work on the CMs to clear tables because there are so many of those little bowls/dishes. The old area where we used to leave dirty plates is now used to hold the wine, so most dirty plates stay right on the tables. There is a very tiny round stool near the wine where people were setting dirties and many nights we'd hear crashes as everything would topple and fall. They might need a new system in this regard!

We found the alcohol service to be extremely guest-friendly. In a time when most lounges have switched to have an alcohol server, the Poly has gone the "other" way and they put beer in the refrigerator at noon now and leave it there all day right through dessert time, I believe. I love that they have Angry Orchard now too!

Stay tuned for thoughts on July 4 at the Poly CL!

This was a great way to start my Saturday!! Thanks for posting all the pictures and your review...loved it!!

Continued......

Staying at Poly CL over the July 4 holiday is really something special. This year was especially fun because my family got to meet 2 other DIS families :wave2: to share the fun with!

The July 4 food in the Poly CL was actually different this year! For the last 5 years, it has been the same boiled hotdogs, baked beans or chili, chicken wings, salad, mac & cheese. This year almost everything was different! And better, imo.

View attachment 256913

Anyone who was staying at Poly CL last 4th of July, you'll recall the lounge was SO packed that the food line went to the 3rd floor. It was insane! This year was like night and day. There wasn't even a line! I took this picture at 4:58pm to show the empty lounge!

View attachment 256923

But outside was another story. Some of you may recall last year the Poly did a phenomenal job keeping people off the Hawaii grass for the 4th of July MK fireworks. So you would think they'd do the same this year, but sadly they did not. They decided to give people 10 feet of space on the grass to watch the show. A part of me wonders if they would've even enforced that if I wouldn't have found a manager to talk to about it. The manager personally went outside to be sure it was monitored by a different CM, and that CM did an outstanding job enforcing the 10 feet. So this is what it looked like from the beach to our room at 8:31pm:

View attachment 256926

In the end, the people didn't really bother our view of the show because the 4th of July is more about the fireworks than anything else, so all we need to do is look up to the sky. The CM made sure everyone was sitting down and away from the patio so that it wasn't too distracting.

View attachment 256927

OFF TOPIC, but thanks to an outstanding review by @GADisneyDad14, we booked the Garden View Dessert Party at MK so we could watch HEA from a prime spot. Besides getting to spend time with some DIS friends, this Party was the highlight of our trip! The Castle projections are not as clear from Poly, of course, so I'm VERY glad I watched it both ways!

View attachment 256928

View attachment 256929
Continued......

View attachment 256913

View attachment 256923

View attachment 256926

View attachment 256927

View attachment 256928

View attachment 256929
Great post! We also booked the Tomorrow Terrace Garden View Dessert Party based on the excellent review from @GADisneyDad14.

Great post! We also booked the Tomorrow Terrace Garden View Dessert Party based on the excellent review from @GADisneyDad14.

It was money well spent IMO! Just having the reserved area to view the show was great.

Something I forgot to mention was we saw some people jumping the fence to get inside our reserved viewing area! We watched a CM talk with one of the guests who did it, and that guest walked towards the exit and then I lost sight of him. I didn't see the other guest(s) that jumped the fence, but other people next to me were talking about it.

We are back (exactly one week :sad:) from our first CL stay. We were at AKL. Savannah view studio.
Thoughts and experiences...
- Check in was great. There was a CM with an ipad waiting to greet us. I noticed throughout the week the same lady or another gentleman were always out there waiting on someone.
- We got our room request, that we submitted through DSS. Bunks, close to lobby, kudu trail.
- Breakfast they had out plain croissants, guava danish, blueberry or lemon muffins. The blueberry were delicious! They also had out some meats and cheeses and good assortment of fruit. Oh...and oatmeal and quinoa with some toppings.
- The afternoon snacks were fun, although not elaborate. They had some spiced nuts (amazing), yogurt covered pretzels, gold fish, gummies, that sort if thing. They also had oatmeal and sugar cookies with sprinkles.
- Afternoon tea. They had 3 desserts. Scones, rice krispie treats and the most delicious little pb chocolate brownies. I'd go back for the brownies :tongue: One day they had no scones, so you were down to 2 choices.
- Dinner time-2 hot apps being plated by chef. The two nights we stopped in...one night it was a curried seafood dish and corn soup. The other was a the butter chicken and a tomato based soup. On the counter, they had breads/crackers with different types of hummus. Olives. Cold asparagus. Another plated app, one night it was a couscous, the other night they were gone. Chicken nuggets both nights. One night they had watermelon, ds loved that. Another fruit the other night.
- Desserts-They had 2 desserts made up. I only recall making it in there one night. There was only 1 chocolate dessert left and then a mango based one. Both were good. They never replenished while we were there. They had the same cookies as earlier. Also, the cordial liqueurs were out, couldn't tell you what they were, but there were four.
- CL Staff. They were pleasant enough. If you asked for something, most were happy to oblige. However, no one ever asked or offered anything. DH and I both noticed they seemed to avoid making eye contact, so it was hard to get their attention if you needed something. There seemed to be plenty at all times, then at least one CM at the desk, two or three around lounge.
- Booze: so this is where the avoiding eye contact became a problem, haha. Besides the dinner time offering, no beer or wine were out. (Dinner wine was out). So...if you needed a beer, you had to seek a CM out. This became a bit of a challenge, since you literally had to chase someone down. Also, I was told the beer rules there, as I had requested a beer with the cap on. Was told, they have to open the bottle and it was a limit of 2 (only asked for 1 anyway). This was a little bit of an inconvenience, but I can understand, maybe people were hoarding them or something.
- They are very serious about the times. About 5 min before they were to stop that particular service, they would start putting up plates and stuff like that. If it was dinner, the chef with apps would start cleaning up. Then right at the set time they would all swoop in and it would all gone in just a few minutes time.
- Turn down service. We had it both nights we were out of the room. The nights we were around the resort we had privacy sign up.
- Overall, it was a nice splurge. We wanted to hang around resort mostly for more of a real vacation. However, nothing was so fantastic that we would regret future non-cl stays. Which is good for the pocketbook...but then again I'd like to try cl at our favorite resorts, Poly and BW, so we'll see :)

We are back (exactly one week :sad:) from our first CL stay. We were at AKL. Savannah view studio.
- Check in was great. There was a CM with an ipad waiting to greet us. I noticed throughout the week the same lady or another gentleman were always out there waiting on someone.
- We got our room request, that we submitted through DSS. Bunks, close to lobby, kudu trail.
- Breakfast they had out plain croissants, guava danish, blueberry or lemon muffins. The blueberry were delicious! They also had out some meats and cheeses and good assortment of fruit. Oh...and oatmeal and quinoa with some toppings.
- The afternoon snacks were fun, although not elaborate. They had some spiced nuts (amazing), yogurt covered pretzels, gold fish, gummies, that sort if thing. They also had oatmeal and sugar cookies with sprinkles.
- Afternoon tea. They had 3 desserts. Scones, rice krispie treats and the most delicious little pb chocolate brownies. I'd go back for the brownies :tongue: One day they had no scones, so you were down to 2 choices.
- Dinner time-2 hot apps being plated by chef. The two nights we stopped in...one night it was a curried seafood dish and corn soup. The other was a the butter chicken and a tomato based soup. On the counter, they had breads/crackers with different types of hummus. Olives. Cold asparagus. Another plated app, one night it was a couscous, the other night they were gone. Chicken nuggets both nights. One night they had watermelon, ds loved that. Another fruit the other night.
- Desserts-They had 2 desserts made up. I only recall making it in there one night. There was only 1 chocolate dessert left and then a mango based one. Both were good. They never replenished while we were there. They had the same cookies as earlier. Also, the cordial liqueurs were out, couldn't tell you what they were, but there were four.
- CL Staff. They were pleasant enough. If you asked for something, most were happy to oblige. However, no one ever asked or offered anything. DH and I both noticed they seemed to avoid making eye contact, so it was hard to get their attention if you needed something. There seemed to be plenty at all times, then at least one CM at the desk, two or three around lounge.
- Booze: so this is where the avoiding eye contact became a problem, haha. Besides the dinner time offering, no beer or wine were out. (Dinner wine was out). So...if you needed a beer, you had to seek a CM out. This became a bit of a challenge, since you literally had to chase someone down. Also, I was told the beer rules there, as I had requested a beer with the cap on. Was told, they have to open the bottle and it was a limit of 2 (only asked for 1 anyway). This was a little bit of an inconvenience, but I can understand, maybe people were hoarding them or something.
- They are very serious about the times. About 5 min before they were to stop that particular service, they would start putting up plates and stuff like that. If it was dinner, the chef with apps would start cleaning up. Then right at the set time they would all swoop in and it would all gone in just a few minutes time.
- Turn down service. We had it both nights we were out of the room. The nights we were around the resort we had privacy sign up.
- Overall, it was a nice splurge. We wanted to hang around resort mostly for more of a real vacation. However, nothing was so fantastic that we would regret future non-cl stays. Which is good for the pocketbook...but then again I'd like to try cl at our favorite resorts, Poly and BW, so we'll see :)

Thank you for your detailed review! We're getting there in just a few days and can't wait to enjoy all of this!

The beer rules are definitely a big “down” from what we experienced at GF last year. If only they could listen to guest feedback and relax the procedures…

Thank you so much for your review! We will be there at the end of August, and we are super excited! I have only ever been to AKL to eat at Boma, so I look forward to exploring the resort.

Thank you for the review! We will be there in December and very much looking forward to the stay.

I'd enjoy the evening apps you mentioned.

Bummer on the immediate close up of service and no eye contact/avoiding CMs. That's been our exact experience we've had years past. Only at AKL, none of the others we've been to which is just so odd. Not even hellos when you walk by the desk. Even with all that, we do like the lounge.

Did you try any of the restaurants? That's another reason we rotate AKL. That and the fire pit in the lobby with rockers.

It was money well spent IMO! Just having the reserved area to view the show was great.

Something I forgot to mention was we saw some people jumping the fence to get inside our reserved viewing area! We watched a CM talk with one of the guests who did it, and that guest walked towards the exit and then I lost sight of him. I didn't see the other guest(s) that jumped the fence, but other people next to me were talking about it.
What jerks.

Loved your overall review of the 4th. What a fun way to celebrate.party:

We are staying CL main building at the GF theme park view, does anyone have a favorite room?

Haven't stayed in a RPC TPV room, only a standard room, but FWIW here's a pic looking at the TPV rooms (building on the left/center, not the building on the right).

The room on the far left on each floor has an extract long balcony.

If it were me, I'd want to be on the 4th floor as that is the floor the lounge is on. That is the top floor in this pic.

Sorry that's not really an answer to your question but hope it helps!

1.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you for this lovely review, it sounds like it was a wonderful trip!

Quick questions- they have chicken nuggets now? If so, that is new and would save me from having to go down to Mara every night to feed my kid going forward for our future trips, lol.

Also, were they still putting out one appetizer at a time or did they stop that nonsense?

@TJA... :thanks: for the Poly pics and review! I'm glad you took pics of the July 4th food because I was too busy eating! :lmao:

Although every time someone posts Poly CL and view pics, it immediately makes me think of Jack from Lost....

giphy.gif

@TJA... :thanks: for the Poly pics and review! I'm glad you took pics of the July 4th food because I was too busy eating! :lmao:

Although every time someone posts Poly CL and view pics, it immediately makes me think of Jack from Lost....

giphy.gif

::yes:: Yes that about sums up how I feel about needing to go back to Poly CL! I think that was DH's plate that I quickly said WAIT don't eat anything yet because I need to take a picture, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter