• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

This is so sad to hear. The one time that we stayed CL at AK the CM were just wonderful. It would have been late 1990's but they were so helpful with so many different things. The space shuttle was due to launch during our time there so when we mentioned that we were interested in seeing it one of the CM kept us updated on the constant changes to the launch time and the best place to view it. If I remember correctly the times changed three or four times but we did end up seeing a night launch from the bridge between EPCOT and the BWI. They also told us about special times when they were having small cooking demonstrations right in the lounge that we really enjoyed. My husband was celebrating his 50th birthday during our stay and we came back to our room on the evening of his birthday to a small decorated cake and balloons and a signed card from Mickey and friends. They even remembered to have paper plates and utensils in the room. We have never returned because of the location, it's just to far away from everything but the CL CM's were wonderful. The only ones that we love more are the CM's at the BWI CL.

Thank you for the review! We will be there in December and very much looking forward to the stay.

I'd enjoy the evening apps you mentioned.

Bummer on the immediate close up of service and no eye contact/avoiding CMs. That's been our exact experience we've had years past. Only at AKL, none of the others we've been to which is just so odd. Not even hellos when you walk by the desk. Even with all that, we do like the lounge.

Did you try any of the restaurants? That's another reason we rotate AKL. That and the fire pit in the lobby with rockers.

So glad, we weren't the only ones who observed this. We are not extroverts, pretty quiet...I thought maybe it was just us. We actually had one CM tell my husband he'd have to wait, she was re-arranging, wiping down counter etc... (and this was after we had waited a good 10 min, so as not to interrupt her, she could see us patiently waiting). Part of it, was the way she said it. DH was pretty livid. Anyhow...maybe she was just having a bad day.

We didn't go over to Sanaa, but we did jiko for dinner. It was one of the best, if not the best meal we've ever had at DW. We did bread service, I had the filet with mac and DH the strip with mac. Kids had grilled chicken, which was also very good. We'll be back for sure. We also did Boma for brunch which as usual was very good. Love all the restaurants at AKL!

This is so sad to hear. The one time that we stayed CL at AK the CM were just wonderful. It would have been late 1990's but they were so helpful with so many different things. The space shuttle was due to launch during our time there so when we mentioned that we were interested in seeing it one of the CM kept us updated on the constant changes to the launch time and the best place to view it. If I remember correctly the times changed three or four times but we did end up seeing a night launch from the bridge between EPCOT and the BWI. They also told us about special times when they were having small cooking demonstrations right in the lounge that we really enjoyed. My husband was celebrating his 50th birthday during our stay and we came back to our room on the evening of his birthday to a small decorated cake and balloons and a signed card from Mickey and friends. They even remembered to have paper plates and utensils in the room. We have never returned because of the location, it's just to far away from everything but the CL CM's were wonderful. The only ones that we love more are the CM's at the BWI CL.

Wow, that sounds like a great experience and a magical trip!

Oh, one thing I left off on my AKL "review." Regarding ADRs and FP. The day we checked in we ended up needing tp push our FP back a bit for that eve. I asked the gentlemen who checked us in if they had luck modifying FP, he said no they could see what we could see.
So this one is a little out there, but we have a family trip (10ppl) staying at Kidani for Christmas. My family has requested an ohana dinner adr. So far I've had no luck on my own. So I thought it was worth a shot to ask for their assistance. I thought they may say no can do, with it being a future non cl stay. Instead the CM at the desk said the same thing. Sorry, if you can't get it we can't get it.
So there's that.

Great post! We also booked the Tomorrow Terrace Garden View Dessert Party based on the excellent review from @GADisneyDad14.
For those of you who have been to the Dessert Party, is this something where a preschooler would fit in?
I realize that anything Disney will attract all ages of children, but I don't want to be one of THOSE parents who take my child to a place that is really meant for an older crowd.
Are there desserts that a 4 year old would want to eat?
Is there seating?
Is there room to run around until the fireworks start that won't disturb other people?
Are there tables where a child could use a coloring book?

For those of you who have been to the Dessert Party, is this something where a preschooler would fit in?
I realize that anything Disney will attract all ages of children, but I don't want to be one of THOSE parents who take my child to a place that is really meant for an older crowd.
Are there desserts that a 4 year old would want to eat?
Is there seating?
Is there room to run around until the fireworks start that won't disturb other people?
Are there tables where a child could use a coloring book?

Oh gosh yes, this party is great for ALL ages. Here's my post on it from late May that will help with your questions:

Review: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing

I am a big fan of this, well worth it with kids.... no needless waiting around, options to get to a bathroom without losing a spot, etc.

Happy to answer any questions. :-)

Last edited:
We are back (exactly one week :sad:) from our first CL stay. We were at AKL. Savannah view studio.

Overall, it was a nice splurge. We wanted to hang around resort mostly for more of a real vacation.

Thanks for your detailed review. Glad you had a nice trip :).

Thank you for your detailed review! We're getting there in just a few days and can't wait to enjoy all of this!

Hope you have a great time! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your review! We will be there at the end of August, and we are super excited! I have only ever been to AKL to eat at Boma, so I look forward to exploring the resort.

You will love AKL! We haven't tried CL yet, but AKL overall is amazing. Have a great trip :wizard:.

We are staying CL main building at the GF theme park view, does anyone have a favorite room?

I can't suggest a TPV room as I've only stayed standard RPC, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :).

Oh gosh yes, this party is great for ALL ages. Here's my post on it from late May that will help with your questions:

Review: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing

I am a big fan of this, well worth it with kids.... no needless waiting around, options to get to a bathroom without losing a spot, etc.

Happy to answer any questions. :-)
Thank you for that link, and your review! DH is not convinced, but we are still months away from our visit. He hasn't factored in the logistics of finding a place on Main St., and while we are going in what used to be slow season, I suspect that when it comes time to actually do this, he will be happy to do anything that avoids crowds.

I did see one downside. You have pay in advance on your credit card. Since DH isn't 100% onboard, I am going to wait before paying.

Last edited:
@TJA Thank you so much for the review. We look forward to our stay at the Poly soon. I don't understand why all the lounges don't have areas to put dirty dishes. It would be much neater than leaving them on the table. It is hard for our family to walk away and leave a table with dirty dishes on it. Many of the lounges had these areas years ago and for some reason got rid of them. It would be much easier for the CMs also. Thanks again for the great pictures.

@TJA Thank you so much for the review. We look forward to our stay at the Poly soon. I don't understand why all the lounges don't have areas to put dirty dishes. It would be much neater than leaving them on the table. It is hard for our family to walk away and leave a table with dirty dishes on it. Many of the lounges had these areas years ago and for some reason got rid of them. It would be much easier for the CMs also. Thanks again for the great pictures.

I feel the same way! I felt bad leaving dirty dishes behind, especially when there were people waiting for a table.

Thank you for that link, and your review! DH is not convinced, but we are still months away from our visit. He hasn't factored in the logistics of finding a place on Main St., and while we are going in what used to be slow season, I suspect that when it comes time to actually do this, he will be happy to do anything that avoids crowds.

I did see one downside. You have pay in advance on your credit card. Since DH isn't 100% onboard, I am going to wait before paying.

I didn't book it right away either because the cost seemed pretty high for our family of 4. We are not huge dessert eaters, so we were happy to see they had a table full of fruit and cheese too. But as GADisneyDad14 said, the best part was having a reserved spot to view the show. We didn't go to the viewing area until about 15-20 minutes before the show since we didn't have to worry about finding an ideal viewing spot, fighting crowds, etc.

I feel the same way! I felt bad leaving dirty dishes behind, especially when there were people waiting for a table.
This was one of the things that I loved about staying at Portofino Bay CL at Universal. They were cleaning off tables but there was also a place set off to the side that you could put your dirty plates. There was even a small garbage can next to it to through away any trash. Not sure why the Disney CL's have a problem with this.

So happy to see a recent AKL CL review here. I am searching for information to maximize our ONE night stay at AKL Jambo CL Savannah view room that I just booked.

We've NEVER stayed CL before, but lucked out that a DVC room was open for the one night we needed it. So now my hope is to maximize our stay there even though it's only one night.

So we'll already be coming from a 2-night stay at Grand Floridian (love our DVC points) and have plans to visit a park on Friday morning for EMH but I'm thinking we would like to try to head to the resort by early afternoon that day. I assume, even if the room isn't ready, we can still use the lounge for the afternoon snack portion of it? I was thinking we'd spend the afternoon at the resort pool on Friday, then we have plans to hit another park for the evening after dinner. Part of me would love to cancel dinner and just do the lounge food, but I'm not sure all of us would enjoy it because no way to know what kind of food will be there. Sure would be a money saver though.

With the parks closing at 9pm, I think we can probably be back to make the evening stuff as well.

Early morning won't work because we want to do EMH at AK Saturday morning so hope to arrive well before the 8am opening.

We do have plans for lunch at Sanaa that day before leaving. Can we still use the lounge the rest of the day of checkout or not? Could we grab afternoon snacks after lunch to hit the road with them?

Any other advice/tips would be appreciated for us newbies. This will probably be our one and only club level experience.

So happy to see a recent AKL CL review here. I am searching for information to maximize our ONE night stay at AKL Jambo CL Savannah view room that I just booked.

We've NEVER stayed CL before, but lucked out that a DVC room was open for the one night we needed it. So now my hope is to maximize our stay there even though it's only one night.

So we'll already be coming from a 2-night stay at Grand Floridian (love our DVC points) and have plans to visit a park on Friday morning for EMH but I'm thinking we would like to try to head to the resort by early afternoon that day. I assume, even if the room isn't ready, we can still use the lounge for the afternoon snack portion of it? I was thinking we'd spend the afternoon at the resort pool on Friday, then we have plans to hit another park for the evening after dinner. Part of me would love to cancel dinner and just do the lounge food, but I'm not sure all of us would enjoy it because no way to know what kind of food will be there. Sure would be a money saver though.

With the parks closing at 9pm, I think we can probably be back to make the evening stuff as well.

Early morning won't work because we want to do EMH at AK Saturday morning so hope to arrive well before the 8am opening.

We do have plans for lunch at Sanaa that day before leaving. Can we still use the lounge the rest of the day of checkout or not? Could we grab afternoon snacks after lunch to hit the road with them?

Any other advice/tips would be appreciated for us newbies. This will probably be our one and only club level experience.

Congrats, but I'm a bit confused! If you booked a CL DVC room, it's not a "Savannah view" room. Some of the rooms have a limited savannah view; others, a pool view. Did you get a studio or 1-bedroom? The DVC CL rooms are on the 6th floor, right by the Club Lounge!

You can check in at any time that morning (coffee is ready at 6:30am; 7:00am is when the CMs are available at the desk in the Lounge). The Lounge is open till 10:00pm and you are welcome to use it up to midnight (technically!) on your check-out day! :thumbsup2

Ok y'all. We bit the bullet and switched our room at BC to a Club Level.We have only stayed Club level at AK. So please tell me everything. Share your pics anything you have I will take. We are super excited about our trip and most excited we were able to even get BC for the week of Oct 29- Nov 3rd because of it be Food and Wine Festival but to be able to switch is Amazing..

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
Oh, one thing I left off on my AKL "review." Regarding ADRs and FP. The day we checked in we ended up needing tp push our FP back a bit for that eve. I asked the gentlemen who checked us in if they had luck modifying FP, he said no they could see what we could see.
So this one is a little out there, but we have a family trip (10ppl) staying at Kidani for Christmas. My family has requested an ohana dinner adr. So far I've had no luck on my own. So I thought it was worth a shot to ask for their assistance. I thought they may say no can do, with it being a future non cl stay. Instead the CM at the desk said the same thing. Sorry, if you can't get it we can't get it.
So there's that.
Yeah, that's annoying. We had a Poly CM work wonders for us last year and made our day perfect. So magic can happen. And better yet, with a smile.

Last edited:

It is refundable though...

Although you booked for 1 night you can fully use the lounge for 2 days. You can check in anytime after 6am? So you can do breakfast, day time offerings are limited, cookies, snack mix. Then evening apps start at 5pm and end at 7pm. Dessert comes out at 8-10pm. We easily make a meal of the evening apps, usually. If you like the food of Jiko, Boma and Sanaa then you will love the apps. A few times we've wondered down to Mara but that was before they brought in the chef. Soda, juice, milk, coffee, tea, beer, wine are available all day from 6:30am-10pm. And yes double check your reservation because Savannah view CL isn't a bookable category with DVC. If you booked a Savannah view then its just a room, no club. If you booked CL only 2 studios have a view of sunset savannah, which is the smallest and gets the least animals and 3 studios have a roof/pool view. As mentioned you will be on the 6th floor with the lounge which is awesome. I would take full advantage of the lounge, there's a ton of stuff to do at the resort all day long. Plan to be at the resort as much as possible.

Hi! Just back from a split stay BWI and YC. It was our first time staying at the BWI. I've always avoided it b/c of the scary clown pool and I didn't like that some of the CL rooms are outside the locked door. However, we decided to try it out and we are so happy we did! We had a room overlooking the quiet pool, the only place we went swimming, no scary clown pool! The lounge was great! I loved that the chef stood in the lounge and did hot apps. I know one night we had chicken and waffles and seafood mac & cheese. It was all very delicious. The staff was great! Always taking away dirty dishes quickly, even while you were still sitting there finishing up your drink. They were great about replenishing foods and drinks, for the most part. Two small creamers in the morning were always emptying quickly is one of my only complaints.

My stay at the YC didn't start off great. First, I guess on one of the elevators the mickey scanner wasn't working. We didn't know, so my MB wouldn't let us up. I hate asking check-in the bring us up (I miss the tablet people as you walk in). Then, it was just DD and I, and wouldn't you know it - they put us in a king room. Second time this has happened. It also happened at the BC. Hello! We are a party of two but listed at 1 adult 1 child. Stop putting us in king beds! It was literally the last room on the floor. So we had to go all the way back with luggage in tow to the desk to request a new room. Thankfully, he got us a 2 bed on that floor. We could see MK fireworks from our balcony. I thought the new decor was a little lacking. I miss the Disney touch in the rooms. I could've been anywhere in that room, the Hilton, the Hampton Inn. Nothing said "Disney" about it. The lounge was very busy. I've never seen such long lines for the food. The staff was not great about collecting dirty dishes. Tables would sitting with dishes. Some people would just move the dishes over to another table with dishes and sit down. I wish at all the lounges, they would have a place for dirty dishes (like the old days at WL). Also, we had gotten a big bottle of Dasani water at the BWI daily and had gotten this at the WL in April, but nothing at the YC. I didn't even see if on the housekeeping carts in the hallway, so I don't think it was that we were skipped. Overall, great stays at both places. Definitely want to do BWI again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter