Disney Wonder 11/14/04

I'm so clueless about the "pin cruise" part of this cruise. I'm sure my 10 year old daughter would love to be a part of it. Is there something we can do to get her signed up? Or can we do it while on ship?

We are in Wisconsin -- so far no documents. Hoping to see the truck pull up next week :)

My kids still do not know we are doing this trip. DH and I are trying to pull this off as a total surprise. It is getting harder the closer we get.

Originally posted by momof3luvs2run
I'm so clueless about the "pin cruise" part of this cruise. I'm sure my 10 year old daughter would love to be a part of it. Is there something we can do to get her signed up? Or can we do it while on ship?
You might be able to sign her up at this late of date, just not be able to prepurchase any of the event only pins (the RSP process has already been run).

You can save the $35 event fee (which means not getting any of the gifts) and your daughter can still pin trade on the ship and participate in the final RSP (purchasing of leftover event exclusive pins, plus any pins being released that week on the ship).

Originally posted by janetlynn
My DD (15) wants to know if there are any girls out there to hang out with in the teen clubs?
JanetLynn,

My DD is 14 1/2, email me if your daughter would like to email her for the next 4 weeks until they can meet on the ship. :)

Our docs arrived today! Now I just need to find a quiet moment to look at them!:rolleyes:

Got our docs today too! :bounce: :bounce:

Word from DCL is that no Bahamas immigration cards are included because they are apparantly printed in the Grand Caymans which got destroyed. So they said that we can just fill it out at the port.

Did anyone else get the bahamas cards?

Woohoo! :bounce: :bounce:

still waiting on our cruise docs :(

but we did get our pin event RSP results back ... I might have to start selling body parts to pay for it all!!! :earseek:

Susan,

I know someone who's looking for a kidney and pancreas........j/k, sort of. I's sell my second kidney, but it's already spoken for. I'm just waiting for the testing to get done.

BTW, I got my RSP results today......can you say OUCH ?!?!?!?

Just got confirmation from Customs and WD Event Services.

Any RSP merchandise we get we have to declare to Customs when we disembark the ship on Nov 18.

The personal exemptions we can declare are $600 per person (or for my family of three, a total if $1,800).

Because my RSP totals exceed $2,600 I will need to pay duty on about $800 of the RSP merchandise, as well as on any of the stuff I buy on the ship or in the ports.
:rolleyes:

The good news (I think) is that it looks like the duty is 2% (which beats sales tax, which we will NOT be paying for the RSP merchandise).

$2600 for RSP stuff - pins, etc?

Did you get 2 or 3 of everything!?

:rolleyes1 :scared1:

Are you kidding?? I got nine of some things!!! I mean, Holy Pin Overload Batman, I wasn't expecting so much!!!

I even got THREE of the LE50 large framed set!!! I was hoping for one. I played the odds by putting it on the 1st RSP for all three of us. And ended up with three. Two of them might be declined when it comes time to pay on November 1st (along with a bunch of other extras!!).

All of the plastic in my wallet instantly melted when the RSP results showed up. :rolleyes:

We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper: We got our docs!! :hyper:

Originally posted by Melynny
So where are they?
If you booked directly with DCL they should be on there way - you could call DCL to find out if they've been mailed yet.

If you booked through a travel agent then you need to call your TA to see if they've received the docs yet (and when they rattle on about the "2 weeks before your cruise" let 'em know fellow cruisers have already received their docs).

Now, if you booked air as part of your cruise package, you won't see the docs until you're about 2 weeks out (or so I've been told) regardless of if you booked through DCL or a TA.

Originally posted by StuartMI
Got our docs today too! :bounce: :bounce:

Word from DCL is that no Bahamas immigration cards are included because they are apparantly printed in the Grand Caymans which got destroyed. So they said that we can just fill it out at the port.

Did anyone else get the bahamas cards?

Woohoo! :bounce: :bounce:
No Bahamas immigration cards here either .. but also no note included that the cards were missing (if I weren't a return cruiser, I wouldn't know that they should've been there). Fortunately they don't take long to fill out, so filling those out at the port will be a snap. :)

HEY!

One thing I noticed, if you go to the DCL website and say you want to sail on a 4-nighter next month they dont even LIST the 11-14 -> 11-18 cruise as an option to select. Does this mean its sold out completely? :eek:

Originally posted by StuartMI
HEY!

One thing I noticed, if you go to the DCL website and say you want to sail on a 4-nighter next month they dont even LIST the 11-14 -> 11-18 cruise as an option to select. Does this mean its sold out completely? :eek:
Yeah, basically that's what it means. Guess upgrades ain't gonna happen on this cruise. :( (so much for my dream that I had that I was upgraded from cat 11 to cat 8 on my docs ... I'm still in 5633 on the docs we just got).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter