Disney Runners

The course is flat -- no hills whatsoever -- and fast because the entire course is on asphalt. The cutoff time of four hours clearly is set to encourage casual runners or walkers, but I also met some folks who were doing the marathon to try to PR or qualify for Boston or NY because of its speed.

I had only two very minor quibbles with the course. First, there were a couple short stretches that were pitch dark. I was power walking rather than running (my middle aged knees and back won't take that much pounding any more), but if I'd been running, I'd definitely have been worried about tripping.

Second, there was only one gel shot station on the half course. I'd brought my own supply, so I was fine, but if I'd been depending on the race to provide what I needed, I would have been in trouble. There were plenty of water and Gatorade stations, though.

Dave

Did the course map indicate more than one gel station? I cannot recall a runDisney half that has had more than one fueling station.

Did the course map indicate more than one gel station? I cannot recall a runDisney half that has had more than one fueling station.

Sorry for the confusion in my last post. All the water, Gatorade, and fueling stations were on the course exactly where the map said they were going to be. Because I knew that there was only one spot to grab a gel shot during the race and that I tend to need more than that on longer distances, I brought some of my own. I guess I'm different than the "typical" half marathoner in that respect.

Sorry for the confusion in my last post. All the water, Gatorade, and fueling stations were on the course exactly where the map said they were going to be. Because I knew that there was only one spot to grab a gel shot during the race and that I tend to need more than that on longer distances, I brought some of my own. I guess I'm different than the "typical" half marathoner in that respect.

No worries. We are all our own athlete. Glad that they were true to their word.

This past Sunday, I completed my first ever half marathon, the Las Vegas Rock and Roll Half. It obviously wasn't a runDisney event, but I was, however, wearing runDisney shorts, a runDisney training belt, and a Mickey hoodie. I also spent some time at the runDisney booth at the race expo. :)

-- Dave

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting. I've dreamt of running the full marathon for years, mainly because I love the path it takes around the entire property. I just don't think I can do it without getting swept and making time for the characters, so maybe I'll have to aim for the half. Not that the half is easy; it's a huge accomplishment and I'll be lucky if I complete that!

Like 6 weeks to Tink and I've only run a 5K in the past like two weeks. Got to get on schedule here. Traveling home for the holidays really through me off schedule.

BUT, I have a good base, and still time to expand my long runs. Plus we are doing Tink for fun not to set/break any PRs. So Im not worried.

got to get cracking on the costume. Got my tights today.

Like 6 weeks to Tink and I've only run a 5K in the past like two weeks. Got to get on schedule here. Traveling home for the holidays really through me off schedule. BUT, I have a good base, and still time to expand my long runs. Plus we are doing Tink for fun not to set/break any PRs. So Im not worried. got to get cracking on the costume. Got my tights today.

Only 6 weeks?! The time has flown by. I've been slacking!! I did a 10k last weekend and am determined to get out this weekend.

We are staying at the Hilton right across from the park. I just found out too that its attached to the convention center where the expo is.

We are staying at the Hilton right across from the park. I just found out too that its attached to the convention center where the expo is.

I think the Tink Health and Wellness Expo is in the Disneyland Hotel Convention Center.

The Hilton is connected to the Anaheim Convention Center, where the D23 Expo has been held.

I didn't pay enough attention my first DL race and went to the Anaheim CC and found a convention of nuns and priests.

Still quite close though.

I think the Tink Health and Wellness Expo is in the Disneyland Hotel Convention Center.

The Hilton is connected to the Anaheim Convention Center, where the D23 Expo has been held.

I didn't pay enough attention my first DL race and went to the Anaheim CC and found a convention of nuns and priests.

Still quite close though.

Oh really? Hmmm guess I was told wrong than. Oh well. We get in early afternoon on Thursday and are planning on doing the expo and a park on Friday.

We havent trained for this like we should have so its gonna be a struggle, but we will make it.

If you see a 6'4" tall Terence crawling along at mile 10 just give me thumbs up (maybe a piggy back ride?).:rotfl:

So registration for the 2015 marathon weekend opened yesterday and it seems that every race other than Goofy and the marathon are already full. Insane!

I'm in for Goofy - any one else planning on running that weekend.

I was surprised that the Dopey filled as fast as it did. The 10K & 5K didn't shock me that much with it being a more manageable distance for newer runners. I am also surprised that the half held (at least until I checked last) at 85% overnight. Craziness!!!

I'm doing Dopey again. With an extra lap (or two) of World Showcase on Monday for DATW....:drinking1:drinking1

So registration for the 2015 marathon weekend opened yesterday and it seems that every race other than Goofy and the marathon are already full. Insane!

I'm in for Goofy - any one else planning on running that weekend.

I'm signed up for the half :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter