• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

@@@ Disney Pin Sent/received!! @@@.....COMPLETED!!

Okay...it has been a week since mail date. Those still waiting are:

spookysarah
TheDisneyBunch's DS
toocherie (on vacation)
wdi2b
Gaspode
meriweather
Pooh67_68 (a resend)
Luv2Roam

Did I miss anyone?
A couple of those will be mailed tomorrow
One is being returned, so not sure what will happen with that one
the rest should be arriving....or have arrived....

So happy to hear that the rest of mine arrived and were enjoyed. :) I sent somebody a Easter pinball game as the "extra"..it was so loud when you moved the envelope around..haha Just wondering if it made it in one piece? :rotfl2:

Don't even get me started on pin trading and collecting being addicting. AI started in 2005 before our first Disney trip with a few pins to take with us to trade after reading about it. Then in 06 when we went I bought about 80 from ebay and the disney store before our trip b/c I knew how much I would want to trade. After we got back from our 07 trip in September I have a total of 185 pins. My goal then was to make that # 300 total pins listed in my pinpics..that was what I wanted. Well.. that was Sept 07 and now in April 09 my pinpics is up to 966 and I am sure I have closer to 1000 b/c there are some I have more than one of and a few here and there that I am sure I forgot to list on pinpics. It is addicting!!! I have 3 pin books full, 2 boxes of Disney Shopping pins that I don't have room for. 2 frames full of my disney shopping pins, and an entire curio cabinet full of pins..not to mention a few here and thre around the house..a lanyard in Ethan's room, my alphabet set in the playroom, half of the state pin set on pin pages waiting to complete it so I can frame it in the playroom as well, etc... It is insane!! (hmm.. I will take pics in a bit to share..)

I do so love my pins though..hehe ;)

Just great. *sigh*

The pins finally arrived ("apparently" the seller's post office lost 'several sacks of mail' and so he resent). Well, I found that strange that he could resend the exact same pins since one was a limited edition of 200 and guess what... yep its a scrapper. Very poor quality and I am not happy at all :( I have emailed him to complain. Now, maybe the seller didn't know but when he is advertising them as 'genuine disney trading pins from Florida' I take that to mean he personally bought them from Disney and there is no way this one is real so I want to know what he is going to do to rectify it (I want a refund basically).

Anyway, in the meanwhile, I am going to send some pins out to my exchangees tomorrow. I will pick some lovely ones from my traders and hope they like them all the same.

*walks off grumbling about ebay sellers*
Gaspode

Just great. *sigh*

The pins finally arrived ("apparently" the seller's post office lost 'several sacks of mail' and so he resent). Well, I found that strange that he could resend the exact same pins since one was a limited edition of 200 and guess what... yep its a scrapper. Very poor quality and I am not happy at all :( I have emailed him to complain. Now, maybe the seller didn't know but when he is advertising them as 'genuine disney trading pins from Florida' I take that to mean he personally bought them from Disney and there is no way this one is real so I want to know what he is going to do to rectify it (I want a refund basically).

Anyway, in the meanwhile, I am going to send some pins out to my exchangees tomorrow. I will pick some lovely ones from my traders and hope they like them all the same.

*walks off grumbling about ebay sellers*
Gaspode

So sorry that happened to you! :( I know it is frustrating. Hopefully you get your refund quickly.

Ok, snagged some pics.. I think I may have shared several before but I have made a new frame, moved things around and added new stuff, etc so I thought I would just snap new ones.

Sorry in advance for the overload. ;)

My one and only framed set that I bought from Disney Shopping...

IMG_4365.jpg

and the 2 Disney Shopping pin frames I made.. I know they are not overly creative but I just wanted to be able to SEE my pins..haha

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4376.jpg

pardon the glare in those btw! :rotfl:

My alphabet pins that I am SO PROUD of. This is my fave set I own.

IMG_4379.jpg

and if I ever complete this set it will be another fave. I want to frame it like a us map in the playroom like the ABC pins.. :thumbsup2

IMG_4420.jpg

(yeap, I know I have 2 of one of them..forgot I had it and got an extra. Need to trade it off for one I don't have..hehe)

This is my pile on my desk here that I have not put away yet..some from ebay and some from this exchange. ;)

IMG_4427.jpg

A few from our trip last year that we traded with cm's for over the vacation.. I still need to put them in my newest book so they are on stiff felt for now. :)

IMG_4423.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

and lastly, my curio where the biggest part of my collection is.. I SOOO need to clean this thing out. We have been putting other things in there and i have had to move pins all over the place and it is packed...
(sadly I am going to have to start parting with some of these to pay off the cc debt I have run up in buying the darn things.. Nice huh?? :sad2: )

IMG_4380.jpg

100_1002.jpg

100_1003.jpg

100_1005.jpg

100_1004.jpg

100_1006.jpg

100_1007.jpg

Sorry, it was hard to get in there and get good shots of these pins so I took too many..haha

and this is why pin collecting is a BAD BAD hobby! :rotfl2:

oh yeah and I forgot...

here is my mess in the closet that I don't have room to put any place else right now...

IMG_4413.jpg

:rotfl:

Glad to hear that, Heidi.....hope we hear more good news today too.

Okay...it has been a week since mail date. Those still waiting are:

spookysarah (mailed 4-4)
TheDisneyBunch's DS Mailed 4-4 international)
toocherie (on vacation)
wdi2b (need him to check in with what he received)
Gaspode (returned)
meriweather (mailed 3-27)
Luv2Roam (mailed 3-26 international)

Nancy you can take me off the list, I got my last package today.

Thank you Patsy (mommytwoto). :)

She sent -
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=39075&sid=4767.1238790148
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=65542&sid=4812.1238790312

Sorry about the first set of pins, and thank you for waiting for the resend.

I was watching a show yesterday, and there is a store that buys unclaimed items from airlines, then sells them. I wonder what the post office does with things that they find. Those original pins are somewhere in that lost pile. :sad2:

We have a couple that should be getting close.....and a couple of people that need to check in with us ::yes::

Ok mine are on their way :) I sent some of my traders to each person and I hope they like them.

I'm so disappointed with that ebay seller. No reply to my message yet (and previously they had been responding pretty quickly). I'm giving them another 24 hrs then filing 'item not as described'. Joy.

Wow Amanda that is some collection you have there! I love the state pins, never knew you got those. Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Nothing here for the 3rd and last packet. However our mail is not here yet for today.

Ahhh...I can post at last :rotfl: Took about 10 minutes to load the page.

Glad to hear the exchanges are in the mail, Melissa. Those receiving know who they are, so they can be watching for them.
Sorry you have to deal with that bad ebay seller.

Barbara.....hmmm....seems long enough now. If it doesn't arrive in today's mail let me know and I will get in touch with the sender.

Love seeing all your pins, Amanda (even with the slow load ;) ).
I have 2 of the state pins. I remember when the Disney Store cleared them about....years ago. They were going for 66 cents. Wish I would have known what I do now :teeth: I did buy about 10 WA ones, but gave them away long ago.

Update on the ebay seller I've been dealing with:

He replied to my message saying there was no way the pin was a fake, that he buys 'in bulk' from the USA and they are all genuine and that I could return both the pins I bought (I got one for myself which does look real thankfully) and he would refund in full.

I replied and said I was sorry but it was definitely fake. That I found it unlikely he would have two of the limited edition pins exactly the same if he's buying in bulk (it was a mystery tin LE200 pin - yeah, you'll just have two of those hanging around!) and that according to pinpics.com you have to look for it not being glossy (this wasn't) etc. I said I didnt' see why I had to return both (since they were both separate BINs) but would return the fake for a refund if he would pay towards postage (esp since they took 2 weeks to arrive originally due to his post office 'losing several sacks of mail' *rolls eyes!*)

So today I see I've been refunded the BIN price of the fake pin (no postage refund) and I've got a snotty mail from him again saying 'have refunded you. sorry you aren't satisfied. I've talked to the guy I buy them from in Florida and he says it is definitely not a fake'. Yeah, believe what you want to believe Mr, I know that is a fake lol!! I'm just not going to reply again and am glad to have my refund. I'm not buying from that guy again ever!!!

Sorry for the long post! Just wanted to get it all off my chest and show you've got to stick to your guns if you don't think something is right on ebay :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter