Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify: are you enrolled for eBay Bucks? You won't get anything unless you're enrolled.
Yes, I'm enrolled. I did get $4 eBay bucks for the $200 cards I bought today.
Anyone having problems with target 5% discount? My order wouldn't not go through with the target gift cards and the 5% discount. I have done it before so I know what I am doing an how it works. I figure I will just give it a shot again later.
I could not get the 5% to work earlier today buying an eBay gc.

Anyone having problems with target 5% discount? My order wouldn't not go through with the target gift cards and the 5% discount. I have done it before so I know what I am doing an how it works. I figure I will just give it a shot again later.
When you say your "order wouldn't go through," what do you mean? Did it show the gift cards as your form of payment on the confirmation screen, with the 5% discount off of your total, but Target refused to accept the order? Or, could you not get the 5% to come off once you designated gift cards as your form of payment?

You should have received eBay Bucks for that purchase, as it was eligible. I'm not sure why you didn't; I don't recall anyone else here having an issue with an eligible purchase not giving the corresponding eBay Bucks, but I could be wrong.

It showed the gift cards and 5% discount but kept giving me an error message and told me to pick another form of payment. I could not submit the order. I was ordering $200 in Disney gc, a toy that was $25 and a $10 target gc. Maybe I will try again without the target gc.

I just converted the last of my Target gift cards from GCM back to eBay with the Red Card 5% discount applied. No problems.

I did one late last night with half my GCs (ordered $625 worth) and got the discount OK. I am going to try with the other half later today. Poster a few posts up couldn't get hers to work either :confused3

I accidentally scratched the access code off of one of my cards. Does anyone know if I can still take it in-store and get an Ebay or Disney GC with it?

I did one late last night with half my GCs (ordered $625 worth) and got the discount OK. I am going to try with the other half later today. Poster a few posts up couldn't get hers to work either :confused3

I accidentally scratched the access code off of one of my cards. Does anyone know if I can still take it in-store and get an Ebay or Disney GC with it?
I have done the same thing. Take it to target and buy another target gc

Is there a cap on ebates? Or do they send you a 1099 at the end of the year if your over $600 back. Just wondering I'm almost to $250 for this quarter and want to plan if I can. Thank!

I could not get the 5% to work earlier today buying an eBay gc.

I want to stress that getting the additional 5% Red Card discount while paying with discounted Target GCs, and getting 3x, 4x, and 5x eBay Bucks are where the real bonuses/savings come in.

It's very important to make sure the Red Card discount is applied when buying at Target, and to wait for an eBay Bucks bonus offer before buying on eBay to get the most out of each churn. This is especially true if you're concerned about the limit of $5,000 in gift card spending per 6 months per PayPal account. If the 5% discount isn't applying, try again or try again later (DO NOT call Target -- they will tell you it's not supposed to apply -- that's what we're here for!).

For example, the 5% Red Card discount would've netted you $10 in extra savings on the $200 eBay GCs. Assuming you used the eBay GCs to buy two $100 Target GCs from GCM on eBay, you would've gotten just the regular 2% eBay Bucks, or $4, for your purchase because there's no promotion going on right now, but you would've spent $3.98 in shipping because GCM charges $2.99 for the first card and $0.99 for each additional card of the same denomination. Basically, it's a wash, but you've tied up your churning funds for a week while you wait to receive your Target GCs in the mail. If you bought during an eBay Bucks promotion, you could've received $12 on 3x, $16 on 4x, and $20 on 5x, which makes the shipping cost easier to accept.

The upside is that you seem to be getting a handle on the process and each churn should increase your % saved so you can make up for these missed opportunities.

Last edited:
About 2 months.
I had a long standing Business Paypal account. Setting up a personal account was easy. When I used up all from my business account, I switch to my personal account on the same ebay account.
I don't understand promo email. I have 2 emails, 1 for each Paypal.
Thanks, davper! I was talking about the ebay bucks offer promo. I think I was a little confusing, lol, sorry.

FYI - as another follow-up to the eBay purchases via Topcashback a week or so back. Topcashback did finally give me the full 2.5% cash back. I did have to file a claim, but it didn't take long for them to fix it. Jodie
TCB gave me 2.5% for the 2/25/16 eBay purchases, but I still haven't received 2.1% for my 2/26/16 purchases.
I did file a claim.

I got full credit for my 2/25 order after shipping, but the other order I had to file a claim for. I realized that I had a shopping trip for 2/25 at about 10:30 but didn't finish paying till after midnight, so it dated 2/26 and got about 1%. But, I lodged a claim late Sat. night, it said it would take 1-3 months to clear, and longer if I posted a message to it which I did do to explain the timing to help in case it made a difference. I was surprised Mon morning to get an email that it had been adjusted, and to close the claim after payment! Very fast service and happy with their response! And I made $40 there for the two shopping trips, so that was awesome! Their usual amount for other Ebay purchases was 1.25% which is still a bit better than Ebates at 1%. TCB takes longer to post than EBates, but it's been great so far.

Actually both have been great, as I use Ebates for my Target shopping, adding a small item that I need or I donate for some local kids in their craft groups. Using Ebates and TCB, and only going to ebay to buy Target gcs from GCM, are where I see great savings, if I wait to do only the 4x and 5x promo deals. Don't want to do any of the 3x deals or less so I don't eat up my $5000 limit thru paypal, it definitely goes quickly and really need to maximize the amount you can make. You can make $500 in ebay bucks per quarter, so that's another limit, and definitely want to meet that as well.

I couldn't get the red card discount then. I have done it in the past but this time I couldn't get it to . I even tried logging in and out. So I got the 6% doing the Raise first and HOPEFULLY the 5 % when the Target comes from eBay and I use them to buy Disney cards switching forms of payment at the end (I have done this before, not sure why I couldn't do it with the eBay card purchase :confused3. I also am not getting any 3x,4x offers which is frustrating. I may just keep watching this post and purchase when there is a deal on Target cards somewhere like the one last week, stacking that with the red card discount.

I'll share how I get mine to work when it isn't working easily. I've had two different little tricks that I've used. First few times when it didn't give me the 5% discount, I backed out and added another different gc to my order. It was just a sudden I'll try this and see what it does, lol. Since this was all for Disney gc's in the end, I added a Disney gc to my order, saved and continued, and the 5% showed up! Then I edited my items, saving the Disney gc for later, buying only the Target gc's, and the 5% discount stayed, I completed the order and checked out.
Then after a few times, I tried the little trick I use now. When the discount's showing up, I x out one of the gc's, as I always first try only gc's, and pay for part with my redcard. I save and continue and the 5% discount shows up. Then, I go back and 'edit payment' and switch back to all the gc's. Then save and continue and the 5% discount stays and I check out. I never leave pay without the 5% discount. Signing out and back in never helps, but jostling around the order and/or the payment seems to always do the trick! Maybe you could try it and it'll work for you as well! Good luck!

Sorry, so much posting, but have a question concerning the $5000 limit at Paypal. How do you know that you've definitely reached your limit Paypal limit? I think I have about $1650 left, so enough for one more good churn before I have to switch to DD25's new account, or maybe get another paypal acct to use. Anyway, how do they notify you, or do they, if you have reached your limit? Let's say you try to buy $1750 in target gc's. So, does it just stop taking gc's and you have to use a cc or do they notify you? I don't want to go over so much that I have to pay a lot with a cc, but want to get right up to the limit, but not sure if there's anyway to do that until boom, there's the limit!

You're welcome, eeyoresmom, hope it works for you, too! This buying gc's, being sure to get the discount, and churning is all a bit stressful as we try to save on our trips, lol, but also fun as you see the savings and free money(such as ebay bucks, rewards)!

You have been so helpful. Can I ask how YOU would churn them if you weren't getting extra eBucks? I'm not and the shipping cost ate up the 2% ebay bucks I did get so I won't do that again.

I'll share how I get mine to work when it isn't working easily. I've had two different little tricks that I've used. First few times when it didn't give me the 5% discount, I backed out and added another different gc to my order. It was just a sudden I'll try this and see what it does, lol. Since this was all for Disney gc's in the end, I added a Disney gc to my order, saved and continued, and the 5% showed up! Then I edited my items, saving the Disney gc for later, buying only the Target gc's, and the 5% discount stayed, I completed the order and checked out.
Then after a few times, I tried the little trick I use now. When the discount's showing up, I x out one of the gc's, as I always first try only gc's, and pay for part with my redcard. I save and continue and the 5% discount shows up. Then, I go back and 'edit payment' and switch back to all the gc's. Then save and continue and the 5% discount stays and I check out. I never leave pay without the 5% discount. Signing out and back in never helps, but jostling around the order and/or the payment seems to always do the trick! Maybe you could try it and it'll work for you as well! Good luck!

Are you saying that you were able to buy target gift cards and get the 5% red card discount online??? I have been following this thread for what feels like years and have never gotten that to work? I just tried it and had no luck - does it matter if it's a physical gift card or mobile? I even tried adding toothpaste (which we needed!) and it only took off the 25 cent discount for the toothpaste portion.

Are you saying that you were able to buy target gift cards and get the 5% red card discount online??? I have been following this thread for what feels like years and have never gotten that to work? I just tried it and had no luck - does it matter if it's a physical gift card or mobile? I even tried adding toothpaste (which we needed!) and it only took off the 25 cent discount for the toothpaste portion.
Not exactly. I wasn't getting the discount to show up when trying to pay with gc's right off the bat. Somehow the jostling around between the gc's and the redcard triggered the 5% discount that we've talked about in this thread to kick in when it was being difficult. It doesn't show if I have it set to pay the whole order with the redcard, but it seems to trick it somehow when it's mostly gc's and a portion on redcard, which I then edit Pymt back to all gc's and that sticks then. I've always had physical target gc's.

You have been so helpful. Can I ask how YOU would churn them if you weren't getting extra eBucks? I'm not and the shipping cost ate up the 2% ebay bucks I did get so I won't do that again.
Oh, I'm glad to help if I can! But that I don't know. I'll just tell you how I started and what ive been doing the last couple months. I started last year and basically just bought at Raise, then took that target gc bought at raise and went to target online and bought Disney cards. No real churning. But, about Xmas time I got target cards thru a target sale for ten percent off, doesn't happen often. I ended up with $600 in target gc's I paid $540 for and then added a raise target gc to that and had $650. I then went to target online and bought eBay cards and got the 5% disc. Then waited and got a 4x eBay bucks promo and got $52 in eBay bucks! Minus the shipping but still pretty good! So next time, I took the cards I got thru eBay, added a bit more and went thru target again, and when I next got a 5x eBay bucks I had $900 and got $90 eBay buck! With the ebucks at 5x I bought $750 on cc since that was like a ten percent discount, Getting another $75. Plus got some back from using ebates for the buying from target and used topcashback to shop thru eBay. Unfortunately I don't have a spreadsheet to track my savings but I think I'm doing okay. I hope to get another good churn in and Max out the eBay bucks allowed in a quarter ($500) by mar 31st if I'm lucky enough to get a 5x or 4x. I'll get another couple hundred from ebates and TCB. So, hope you were able to follow that, lol, a bit confusing.

But, really, you need to do the eBay churn with an eBay bucks special promo, preferably waiting for the 4x or 5x. And the higher amount you can do the more savings and then your savings will be adding up more and the shipping won't eat up all the earnings/savings like it does with the smaller shipments. Plus, try to buy the target gc's from giftcsrdmall in $150's if you can. (Works better when going thru target since you can only use 4 gcs to pay, so may have to do smaller orders). But do the math, and try to do at least all the Same denomination. If you buy a 150 and a 100, you'll pay 2.99 each, where as with all the same ones, only the first is 2.99, the rest are only .99. And, remember, it usually takes about a week to get the gc's delivered from gcm,so if another promo comes out, you might still be waiting for gc's to arrive! Hopefully this is helpful and makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter