Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people, myself included, don't want to be "stuck" with all eBay GCs if for some reason you were no longer able to buy GCs with GCs on eBay.

I think this concern cuts both ways. Either Target or eBay could stop accepting gift cards for gift cards at any time, and part of your risk analysis should be which store's cards would you not mind being "stuck" with.

I think Target is the clear favorite here because they sell everyday essentials and pretty much everything else, and it wouldn't be hard to use up any gift card balance. But I also wouldn't mind being stuck with eBay gift cards because you can find pretty much anything on eBay. I've been tempted many times to bid my gift cards on some amazing Disneyana items.

I'm just getting into this (I usually just buy my Disney cards with the Target RedCard and get 5% off). Without any additional savings, how much exactly are you saving on a $100 Disney gc by doing Target-eBay-Target-Disney? This may be the best I can do as I have yet to get an extra ebucks promo. Thanks for any help. Trying to figure out if it's worth it to do it that way without the extra ebucks:guilty:

I'm just getting into this (I usually just buy my Disney cards with the Target RedCard and get 5% off). Without any additional savings, how much exactly are you saving on a $100 Disney gc by doing Target-eBay-Target-Disney? This may be the best I can do as I have yet to get an extra ebucks promo. Thanks for any help. Trying to figure out if it's worth it to do it that way without the extra ebucks:guilty:

The absolute least you should be able to get is about 11% off, so around $89 for $100 (6% off Target from Cardpool or 5% Raise + 1% SB CB and 5% Target) and regular 2% ebucks should get you another $2 off for $87. Then if you hit an ebucks promo, that would take you to $83, $81 or $79 + 1% SB, if I'm doing the math correctly. Now recycle that $100 through Ebay/Target a few times with an ebucks promo and you'll save a lot more.

ETA: Forgot about CC rewards which could be another $1-$5 depending on what card you use and what percentage Raise/Cardpool is for them.

I'm pretty new to this too, so someone please correct my math if I'm wrong :)

Thanks. Wouldn't it be the same discount to do Target-eBay-Target-Disney as Raise-eBay-Target- Disney???? I'm sure once I understand it it will be obvious but it's not right now :rolleyes1 :headache:

The process is the same either way, its just a little more of a discount to secure the first eBay GCs. The first initial purchase for $100 eBay GC would be $95 through Target, but $89.30 or so through Raise then Target. I'm not buying Ebay GCs on Raise, I'm buying Target :)

ETA: I also get another 1.5% cash back with my CC, which is not an option when using Redcard to make the initial purchase.

Last edited:
Speaking of Cardpool, what is everyone's thoughts on it? SB takes about 30 days to credit Raise purchases and you can't always get the 5% off Target on there, so as it gets closer to our trip I'm considering using Cardpool, instead of Raise. I know one member had an issue with her cards not working, but I didn't see her come back and update. Has anyone else had an issue? Do you have to verify anything for your first purchase like you do through Raise and are the GCs sent same day?

I just got two emails from Target saying that they received my order (which they were placed yesterday and Friday and I already got those emails) however, these ones said I qualified for a complimentary tall Starbucks beverage. Anyone else get this email? Both orders had Disney gift cards in them. Pretty cool!

I just got two emails from Target saying that they received my order (which they were placed yesterday and Friday and I already got those emails) however, these ones said I qualified for a complimentary tall Starbucks beverage. Anyone else get this email? Both orders had Disney gift cards in them. Pretty cool!

Yes, I made an order at 10:30pm, got my cards at 11:15pm and then got another "we received your order" email from Target at 12:15am. Thought it was strange since I had already received the cards, but it does have the complimentary Starbucks :)

Yes, I made an order at 10:30pm, got my cards at 11:15pm and then got another "we received your order" email from Target at 12:15am. Thought it was strange since I had already received the cards, but it does have the complimentary Starbucks :)

Yes, I placed ebay gc orders Fri and Sat nights, and have already received the gc's, but tonight just found that I also 'qualified' for the complimentary starbucks drink! Strange, lol, but it's cool, who wouldn't want a free drink? I got one for each of the orders, too!

Thanks but why the 5% Raise or 6% Cardpool? Can't you get the 5% buying Target GC with the Red Card?
You don't get the 5% by using the Target gc. You need to have your Target redcard set as your default payment, but you don't actually use it for payment. When you go to pay for your Ebay or Disney gc purchase, you choose your Target gc's to pay. So, say you bought the Target gc thru Raise at a 6% disc, then took that gc to Target .com. And then you use that Target gc to pay for either your Disney gc, or if you're going to Ebay after this, then your Ebay gc, then you'd actually save 11% instead of just 5%. There is no 5% discount if buying a Target gc with a Target gc. Hopefully that's helpful and makes sense, lol!

Last edited:
Ok, so on a $100 gc...Buy a $100 Target gc through Raise (save 6%), Use this Target gc on Target.com to buy a $100 eBay gc but switch payments at checkout to a Target gc and get another 5%. 11% so far. Now I have a $100 eBay gc I essentially paid $89 for. IF I was getting extra ebay bucks I would get them in this next transaction....Use the $100 eBay gc on eBay to buy a $100 Target gc earning at least 2%, (so now I'm at 13%?). Lastly take the $100 Target gc, go to Target.com and buy $100 of Disney gc, changing payment at end (and save another 5%=18% total????) I think I went too far somewhere, LOL, or else I could just keep going. Where does my saving max out here? Thanks for your help. I'm sure you're helping lots of people new to this :)

Ok, so on a $100 gc...Buy a $100 Target gc through Raise (save 6%), Use this Target gc on Target.com to buy a $100 eBay gc but switch payments at checkout to a Target gc and get another 5%. 11% so far. Now I have a $100 eBay gc I essentially paid $89 for. IF I was getting extra ebay bucks I would get them in this next transaction....Use the $100 eBay gc on eBay to buy a $100 Target gc earning at least 2%, (so now I'm at 13%?). Lastly take the $100 Target gc, go to Target.com and buy $100 of Disney gc, changing payment at end (and save another 5%=18% total????) I think I went too far somewhere, LOL, or else I could just keep going. Where does my saving max out here? Thanks for your help. I'm sure you're helping lots of people new to this :)
Don't forget that Giftcard mall charges shipping which will negate some of your savings. Without an ebucks offer it isn't that great of a savings. Also people have been banned recently from target.com and the common denominator seems to be buying giftcards with those from resellers (cardpool, raise, etc) so I don't risk that anymore. You can do a "perpetual" churn until you hit the eBay 5k per 6 month limit which actually happens fairly quickly if you have enough skin in the game.

1. You can get ebates for both your eBay and Target purchases. For Target you need an "add-on" item (I like index cards because my kids go through them for vocabulary and foreign lang study).
2. You can go back and forth between eBay and Target as many times as you'd like, though eBay has a rolling 6 month cap of $5000 in using eBay gift cards.

Speaking of Cardpool, what is everyone's thoughts on it? SB takes about 30 days to credit Raise purchases and you can't always get the 5% off Target on there, so as it gets closer to our trip I'm considering using Cardpool, instead of Raise. I know one member had an issue with her cards not working, but I didn't see her come back and update. Has anyone else had an issue? Do you have to verify anything for your first purchase like you do through Raise and are the GCs sent same day?

I use both, though I generally use Cardpool more on lots of purchases (not just Target cards) because they have been having a better discount than Raise. I don't use SB for Raise just because I haven't really liked the site, so that is a non-factor for me. I have been using Carpool for 4 years and I think we had them call once in the beginning to verify some info, but that was it. Nothing more than a 5 minute phone call.

I have only had one issue with either company and that was with Raise around Christmas, but not because of fraudulent cards or missing funds, but because one of the merchants I bought from no longer took a paper certificate that I bought. I was immediately refunded my money without a problem.

In short? Yes. So while the process is right I'm not entirely sure the math is 100% spot on but hey, it's probably pretty close! Here's how I see it..

- In order to earn Ebates on your Target purchase, you'll also want to add something to your cart. I do things such as office supplies, wrapping paper, gift bags, etc - things I know I'll need anyways.
- You will pay $2.99 to ship it on Ebay, so consider that when calculating your OOP costs.

A quick run through my spreadsheet shows the following..
Initial OOP: $94 for a $100 Target GC from Raise.com (Total OOP: $94)
Target: Pay $96(ish) for a $100 gift card & a $1 item = $101 x .95 = approx $96 (Earn 2% in Ebates = $1.92, Still have $4 left on Target GC)
Ebay: Pay $100 for a $100 Target GC, plus $2.99 OOP to ship. (Earn 1% in Ebates = $1, Earn 2% in Ebay Bucks = $2, Total OOP = $96.99)
Target: Pay $96(ish) for a $100 GC & a $1 item (Earn 2% in Ebates = $1.92, Now have $8 left on Target GC)

So overall your OOP is $94+2.99 = $96.99, and you have $8 in Target GC's, and $100 in Disney GC's.
$108 in gift cards on a $96.99 investment = 10.2%

If you consider your cash back ($1.92 from Ebates, $1 from Ebates, $1.92 from Ebates, $2 from Ebay bucks = $6.84 total)
$108 in gift cards on a $96.99-6.84 = $90.15 investment = 17% savings.

Your savings will be higher the more you go through it. Also, the higher Ebay bucks would obviously yield a higher cash back.

Hopefully my math is accurate for a Monday, hahaha.

Ok. I just bought 2 $100 Target cards on Raise and used them to buy a $200 eBay e certificate. How long does that e certificate take to show up? Will Target email me when it is available? My next step will be to buy $200 of Target gc on eBay.Now, do I buy actual cards or e-cards??? I want to make sure I can use the red card savings at this step. Thanks so much :listen:

Ok. I just bought 2 $100 Target cards on Raise and used them to buy a $200 eBay e certificate. How long does that e certificate take to show up? Will Target email me when it is available? My next step will be to buy $200 of Target gc on eBay.Now, do I buy actual cards or e-cards??? I want to make sure I can use the red card savings at this step. Thanks so much :listen:

Target should let you know in the next hour or so that your gift card has been delivered via e-mail. You'll get the email, then you have to log in to retrieve the Ebay gift card code. These codes take about 4 hours to activate. Once they do, you purchase the gift cards from Ebay (Gift Card Mall is the authorized reseller). These are actual cards that ship in the mail. If you buy 2 $100 gift cards, it will be $2.99+.99 = $3.98 to ship ($2.99 for the first in any denomination, plus .99 thereafter).

You use these e-cards on Target's website to either purchase more eBay cards, or Disney gift cards. :)

Thanks, you have so helpful. Actually doing this though, I'm seeing my savings disappear. I paid $191.60 for the $200 Target gc ( 1.6% going through iConsumer and 1% cc reward on top of that). That transaction saved me 6% in total, or about $11. I should get 2% eBucks ($4) but it's going to cost me $4 shipping so that's a wash.....when the actual Target cards come, I will switch payment at the end and save another 5% totaling 11%. If I'm doing this correctly, in the end I will have paid $178 for the $200 in Disney cards. Not bad but I wish my little savings weren't all over the place (cc rewards, iConsumer etc.) You guys have been awesome .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter