Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, funny DP....On 2/23 I purchased a $50 DGC at Target . com, via RMN when they had $2 CB when u spend $30+. Never heard anything from RMN, but got a notification today that my CB is pending until 5/22. We shall see!
Funny you mention that...on 2/23, I also went through RMN and bought some household stuff (laundry detergent, fabric softener, etc) from Target for in-store pick-up. It was definitely over $30 so I figured since the stuff I bought was from the “excluded” categories from SB and eBates, I would give RMN a try. So far, nothing has credited. I’ll keep watching, but i figure that I didn’t really lose out on anything if it doesn’t credit.

Funny you mention that...on 2/23, I also went through RMN and bought some household stuff (laundry detergent, fabric softener, etc) from Target for in-store pick-up. It was definitely over $30 so I figured since the stuff I bought was from the “excluded” categories from SB and eBates, I would give RMN a try. So far, nothing has credited. I’ll keep watching, but i figure that I didn’t really lose out on anything if it doesn’t credit.

Hope it credits for you too!

Yet another Kroger 4x fp promo coming...
With digital coupon, 4/10-4/23
Looks like it’s on all the regular gift cards. Maybe we’ll get another digital coupon on the visa and MasterCard gc’s.
I hope so!
Hi! I am an occasional lurker on this thread and am coming out of lurkdom with a question. Has anyone had trouble recently using a Walmart GC to purchase a Disney GC at Sam's Club online? I did it a couple of weeks ago without issue. On Friday, though, the system would not let me check out paying with the gift cards. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem, or if it's me and possibly my gift cards. The website allows me to add the Walmart GCs as a payment method and says they have money on them, it just won't let me check out.

Quick update: I tried it again just now and my Walmart GCs worked fine. Not sure what was wrong Friday and yesterday.
I did it yesterday with no issues, did 2 separate orders of the $75 packs because I had 7 Walmart GCs to use. Last month I ran into a day where I could not get my Virtual Visas from swagbucks to work like they normally do, but they worked the next day. I think it's just some random issues at times.

The question that we are trying to answer is whether the POS system still allows it and it is YMMV (in the past, when stores denied this some people would call up corporate and they would eventually tell the store to allow it) or is it now a total ban and not allowed by the system.

Got it!
I was reading "it did not work" as in asking the cashier to run it did not work (i.e. he still refused). But rereading it, I see the sale didn't work. Thanks for the clarification.

I ordered a physical GC on 3/26 and my order is still processing as well. I did not pay with a VV though.

I ordered physical GCs from Shop Disney on 3/29, and they arrived yesterday.

Still nothing at all from RMN on them, though. No denial, but not even to pending.

At least the GCs are cute and shipping was free. Buying a few GCs at retail seems to be the cost of trying some of the YMMV churns.

Still nothing at all from RMN on them, though. No denial, but not even to pending.

At least the GCs are cute and shipping was free. Buying a few GCs at retail seems to be the cost of trying some of the YMMV churns.

Hoping my GC arrives tomorrow. I am trying to be patient since we all know how sloooow shopdisney can be, but it is hard when I have a GC floating around somewhere. Glad to know yours arrived safe and sound.

Are Happy Guy at Home Depot now very YMMV? I haven’t done it in like a year but I recall we had reports of people who did it fine & then on subsequent trips started running into issues? DoC says Office Depot is running $10 off $100 Happy Cards so it got me wondering about dabbling again...
I think it was said to not do anything over $50 at a time.

Did you take a pic of the gift card wall at Kohl’s? I would like to know their selection.

I think it was said to not do anything over $50 at a time.

Did you take a pic of the gift card wall at Kohl’s? I would like to know their selection.
No on Kohl’s!!!! I was being sarcastic about that lady in line at BB&B budding in where she had no business & imagining leading her on a wild goose chase. NOBODY BUY KOHLS GC! You cannot gc to gc at Kohl’s. I am SO sorry for any confusion :(

And $50 at HD for your best chance at success- noted, thanks!

I’ve gotten my parents into doing the SB/BB thing for Disney gift cards (families that travel together stay together ;) ) and we’re in the same town. Apparently my father went to do the BB run for the first time today for my mom and he came back and said when he got out the SB code to scan the lady at Best Buy said “oh, we’ve got two ladies who do this, you’re with one of them aren’t you?” :rotfl2: I’ve always wondered if anyone else around here was onto this but apparently not!

Are Happy Guy at Home Depot now very YMMV? I haven’t done it in like a year but I recall we had reports of people who did it fine & then on subsequent trips started running into issues? DoC says Office Depot is running $10 off $100 Happy Cards so it got me wondering about dabbling again...
Hm. Do you need a code or anything? Maybe buying 2 $50 Happy Guy gcs would work to get the $10 off? The Happy Guy cards ring up as Visa's, don't they? How can you stack them and where do you do so?

Can anyone give me advice on gift card savings ideas in Texas?
We live in Illinois but just moved our son to The Woodlands for his first post-college job. I know it the past people have mentioned H-E-B for gift card savings.
  • Any suggestions on how to shop there or save for gift cards?
  • Also, any other ideas for savings on gas/groceries that can lead to Disney gift cards?
We have a DCL out of Galveston in January so I'm sure our son would appreciate earning a few gift cards for on-board spending; or I just might send money his way to earn gift cards for me.
Thanks!

Have him put the Shopkick app on his phone. I've been able to earn $175 in Disney Gift Cards this year so far. It's really easy to use and you don't have to buy items to earn shopkicks (unless you want to).

Hm. Do you need a code or anything? Maybe buying 2 $50 Happy Guy gcs would work to get the $10 off? The Happy Guy cards ring up as Visa's, don't they? How can you stack them and where do you do so?

Why would you want to get 2 $50 happy gift cards? Just buy a $100 happy card and use it in 2 transactions to buy 2 separate $50 gift cards at home depot.

My experience mid March
I did this last week at two locations near Denver.

One was weird and the cashier monitoring self check out had to enter the amount we wanted on the gift cards at his terminal ($100). And then after swiping the HG GCs he had to okay it from his terminal (he did not come back to look at the cards we paid with). DH and I each did a $100 GC and he paid with a $100 HG and I had 2x$50 HGs. Previously at this location I have done $50 HG to $50 Disney alone or with other items in the order, paying the balance with my credit card, with no issues or cashier involvement. I'm not sure if it was the amount or not.

The other location we had no issues buying $100 at self checkout, again DH had 1 HG GC and I had 2, no cashier involvement whatsoever. This store has a much newer/fancier self checkout system.

I order one 3/28, 3/29 and 3/31. 3/28 and 3/31 are pending but 3/29 is not and there is no denial. I have received all 3 gcs. It’s odd that your 3/29 seem to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter