Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the Swagbucks back you calculated is for $100. If you took two trips, or used 2 different accounts in one trip, your Swagbucks cash back would be $19.00, significantly upping your discount.

ETA: When I calculate my savings, I tend not to factor in the once monthly SB redemption discount, especially since I typically cash out much more than $25 per month. Also, I'm in a lower BB rewards tier and I rarely purchase anything at BB that I need. For me, using the same calculations on the Safeway and Chase Freedom purchase, but $19.95 cash back from Swagbucks ($9.50 per account plus $0.95 referral bonus), my estimated savings is about 16.5%.

Thank you both! That helps a lot. BB isn’t far for me so I think this is worth it with my AMEX preferred discount

Actually, the Swagbucks back you calculated is for $100. If you took two trips, or used 2 different accounts in one trip, your Swagbucks cash back would be $19.00, significantly upping your discount.

ETA: When I calculate my savings, I tend not to factor in the once monthly SB redemption discount, especially since I typically cash out much more than $25 per month. Also, I'm in a lower BB rewards tier and I rarely purchase anything at BB that I need. For me, using the same calculations on the Safeway and Chase Freedom purchase, but $19.95 cash back from Swagbucks ($9.50 per account plus $0.95 referral bonus), my estimated savings is about 16.5%.

Thanks for catching that, I have now updated the post with the updated Swagbucks numbers, making the discount form 15 - 20% off. I agree with you that I rarely get anything at Best buy I need which is why I value Best buy rewards at around 60%, which is what I would get if I buy something on sale around Black Friday and sell it on ebay (which is probably what I will do.) It is the same thing with all the gift cards I got during the Bed bath and Beyond promo...I never shop at BBB so I sold them on raise and ended up with $8 for every $10 gift card.

Thanks for catching that, I have now updated the post with the updated Swagbucks numbers, making the discount form 15 - 20% off. I agree with you that I rarely get anything at Best buy I need which is why I value Best buy rewards at around 60%, which is what I would get if I buy something on sale around Black Friday and sell it on ebay (which is probably what I will do.) It is the same thing with all the gift cards I got during the Bed bath and Beyond promo...I never shop at BBB so I sold them on raise and ended up with $8 for every $10 gift card.
Ahh, I skipped the BB&B promo because I didnt need a bunch of $10 gift cards. Selling them didnt cross my mind!

I missed that promo. I’ll have to keep my eye out for the next one. I do shop at BB &B.

It took some footwork, but you could stack several deals... There was a promo somewhere (Office Depot?) on getting Happy Gift Cards for $10 off $50. Then you could register those with RMN for $2 back on a $50 purchase. Then you could go to BB&B and earn $10 rebates for each $50 gift card purchase in the form of BB&B gift cards. So, depending how you valued those BB&B gcs, the total deal was 24-44% off. The hardest part (for me) was getting the Happy Gift Cards as OD limited the number you could buy per visit. It's rare for deals that good to come along.

Last edited:
It took some footwork, but you could stack several deals... There was a promo somewhere (Office Depot?) on getting Happy Gift Cards for $10 off $50. Then you could register those with RMN for $2 back on a $50 purchase. Then you could go to BB&B and earn $10 rebates for each $50 gift card purchase in the form of BB&B gift cards. So, depending how you valued those BB&B gcs, the total deal was 24-44% off. The hardest part (for me) was getting the Happy Gift Cards as OD limited the number you could buy visit. It's rare for deals that good to come along.
Oh ok that may be why I didn’t look at it. I don’t have OFfice depot anywhere near me. Thanks for the info though.

Can anyone give me advice on gift card savings ideas in Texas?
We live in Illinois but just moved our son to The Woodlands for his first post-college job. I know it the past people have mentioned H-E-B for gift card savings.
  • Any suggestions on how to shop there or save for gift cards?
  • Also, any other ideas for savings on gas/groceries that can lead to Disney gift cards?
We have a DCL out of Galveston in January so I'm sure our son would appreciate earning a few gift cards for on-board spending; or I just might send money his way to earn gift cards for me.
Thanks!

Can anyone give me advice on gift card savings ideas in Texas?
We live in Illinois but just moved our son to The Woodlands for his first post-college job. I know it the past people have mentioned H-E-B for gift card savings.
  • Any suggestions on how to shop there or save for gift cards?
  • Also, any other ideas for savings on gas/groceries that can lead to Disney gift cards?
We have a DCL out of Galveston in January so I'm sure our son would appreciate earning a few gift cards for on-board spending; or I just might send money his way to earn gift cards for me.
Thanks!
Texas native here! And I live very near your son's new residence. Congratulations on launching him from the nest! My daughter is 2.5 years into her first post college job.
Disney savings opportunities are numerous in The Woodlands. If your son has a credit card with a grocery store bonus, we have Kroger and its fuel rewards and Randall's is our local Safeway affiliate. HEB gift card specials are few and fleeting - they frequently last for only 3-4 days - and are only available on the app. There is a Best Buy and Sam's within The Woodlands. Office Max/Office Depot and Target have numerous locations here. Staples is 10 miles South.
I would recommend signing him up for swagbucks, RMN, dosh, or whatever programs fit his budget and spending patterns. As far as credit cards, the younger generation in my family has been very happy with Discover or the Chase Freedom. All, except one child, have kept track of quarterly bonuses and paying credit card bills in full every month. The exceptional child does not trust herself to stay on budget. This niece has the Bank of America Rewards card and has it set to pay the balance every Friday. She uses it for gas and groceries and gets 2-3% back into her checking account. She's getting comfortable with her new job and likes the simplicity.
So depending on his comfort zone and budget, he will have many opportunities in The Woodlands.

Can somebody walk me through finding the Best Buy scannable code in the Swagbucks app?

It’s just taking me to Best Buy online, and I’m looking to shop in store today

It’s not giving me any place to get a code. Any time I click on Best Buy, it redirects me to the BB website.

Last edited:
Can somebody walk me through finding the Best Buy scannable code in the Swagbucks app?

It’s just taking me to Best Buy online, and I’m looking to shop in store today

It’s not giving me any place to get a code. Any time I click on Best Buy, it redirects me to the BB website.
Don't go through the app, it won't come up. Just go to the Swagbucks BB page in your mobile browser, and as you scroll down there will be the shop in store option.

Don't go through the app, it won't come up. Just go to the Swagbucks BB page in your mobile browser, and as you scroll down there will be the shop in store option.

Thank you!!!!

Got it. Scanned it. Fingers crossed it tracks.

Had to stop at BB for some new headphones. Too bad I was with DH because I totally would have bought half the stuff today (adding a Disney GC as a filler), and done half the stuff tomorrow (again with a Disney GC to hit $100) with a new code. Alas, he wanted all his stuff TODAY, so I have to be content with a single completely legit BB purchase.

My thrifty heart is hurting over here that I did not maximize the cash back, but without this thread, we'd just have paid regular retail (shudder).

Thank you!!!!

Got it. Scanned it. Fingers crossed it tracks.

Had to stop at BB for some new headphones. Too bad I was with DH because I totally would have bought half the stuff today (adding a Disney GC as a filler), and done half the stuff tomorrow (again with a Disney GC to hit $100) with a new code. Alas, he wanted all his stuff TODAY, so I have to be content with a single completely legit BB purchase.

My thrifty heart is hurting over here that I did not maximize the cash back, but without this thread, we'd just have paid regular retail (shudder).
That's how my DH is mostly :) You should see something like Swagbucks Affiliate on your receipt and that means it tracked

That's how my DH is mostly :) You should see something like Swagbucks Affiliate on your receipt and that means it tracked

My super awesome husband hit the "email" receipt button. Which would be great, except that I don't have a freaking email attached to my BB account (nor do I particularly want one because of email overload). I mean, the purchase is in the BB system if I need to return something, but, yeah, I just about slugged him for that.

Hi! This is my first time trying to buy discounted disney gift cards and I just spent hours reading this thread... I would like to buy some for my upcoming trip this Sept/Oct, but can someone please tell me if what I'm doing is the best bet with what I have? I have a Target red card, chase cc (currently this calendar quarter has home improvement stores as the 5%), amex cc (which is giving me an offer of $25 off of Sam's $45 membership).

I know the target red card can give me 5% and if I buy the gift cards at home depot/lowes, I'll get 5% rewards back. I can't use ebates or anything on other target or home depot. The most I'm seeing is 5%, am I missing anything? Thank you in advance!!

If you have Dosh, Sam's Club in store DGC are about 4.6% savings for the 3 pack $50; then using your attached cc to Dosh get 2% back.

My super awesome husband hit the "email" receipt button. Which would be great, except that I don't have a freaking email attached to my BB account (nor do I particularly want one because of email overload). I mean, the purchase is in the BB system if I need to return something, but, yeah, I just about slugged him for that.

If you gave your BB rewards number then you should see it in your purchase history, it shows up like a purchased item on that trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter