Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any luck lately at BB&B?

I last used their gift cards to purchase a Disney gift card there about four months ago. Recently, I wanted to do it again. The person checking me out said that I could not purchase a gift card with a gift card; I asked him to please try, which was what I did in the past, when it worked. I also had a filler item. When it did not work, he yelled over to another employee, who proceeded to shout back at me that it was money laundering, and when he worked st Speedway, it was not allowed. Then a customer, who was waiting in that second employee’s check-out line, yells to me that Kohl’s does not allow it. I then knew how others have felt who posted here about a similar experience - they make you feel like a criminal, as everyone stares!

I cashed in credit card points for the BB&B gift cards to get the Disney cards, as Disney cards were not an option with points. If I can get my courage up to try at another area BB&B store, I will post my experience.

I last used their gift cards to purchase a Disney gift card there about four months ago. Recently, I wanted to do it again. The person checking me out said that I could not purchase a gift card with a gift card; I asked him to please try, which was what I did in the past, when it worked. I also had a filler item. When it did not work, he yelled over to another employee, who proceeded to shout back at me that it was money laundering, and when he worked st Speedway, it was not allowed. Then a customer, who was waiting in that second employee’s check-out line, yells to me that Kohl’s does not allow it. I then knew how others have felt who posted here about a similar experience - they make you feel like a criminal, as everyone stares!

I cashed in credit card points for the BB&B gift cards to get the Disney cards, as Disney cards were not an option with points. If I can get my courage up to try at another area BB&B store, I will post my experience.

I don't know if it always said this, but the terms on the BBB website now say "Gift Cards are redeemable for merchandise only."

If this was a recent change, it is possible that they updated their POS terminals to not allow gift card purchases.,

Mine has not allowed gift card to gift card sales for, well, I don’t know how long. I’ve never been able to do it, and have never pushed the matter because of the stories I’ve read on here.

I am able to use Happy Cards to buy GCs there, but that’s only because they run as credit, and I swipe without the cashier seeing what’s in my hand and choose “credit” at point of sale.

If you’ve been able to do GC to GC at BB&B, you’ve definitely been in the lucky minority.

LOL this is always so comical to me. Just once I want someone here to say back to them “describe to me what you think money laundering is.” I’ve yet to see any criminals stopping by BB&B to buy gift cards with their drug money :rotfl: Sorry you got hassled though!

I just noticed I have a Chase offer for staples. 10% off ($6 max)
RMN has cash back $15 off $75

$101.99 for a $100 card purchase. $21 in cashback
final cost $80.99 for the card. 19% discount

Following up as promised with this an another posted the t & c ruled out gift cards. I got the chase money back, but not the RMN (not even pending). Others have reported success. So, either I did something wrong or it will be YMMV.

Mine has not allowed gift card to gift card sales for, well, I don’t know how long. I’ve never been able to do it, and have never pushed the matter because of the stories I’ve read on here.

I am able to use Happy Cards to buy GCs there, but that’s only because they run as credit, and I swipe without the cashier seeing what’s in my hand and choose “credit” at point of sale.

If you’ve been able to do GC to GC at BB&B, you’ve definitely been in the lucky minority.

The question that we are trying to answer is whether the POS system still allows it and it is YMMV (in the past, when stores denied this some people would call up corporate and they would eventually tell the store to allow it) or is it now a total ban and not allowed by the system.

Question for those who have ordered Disney GC from shopDisney with a VV from SB....if your order was canceled, did it happen right away? if you were successful, was the order pending for several days?

I ordered a physical GC 4 days ago (I want a cute one for each kid) and the order is still "processing"...I'm wondering if I should wait or contact them. If they're going to cancel it, I'd rather get my money back now.

I last used their gift cards to purchase a Disney gift card there about four months ago. Recently, I wanted to do it again. The person checking me out said that I could not purchase a gift card with a gift card; I asked him to please try, which was what I did in the past, when it worked. I also had a filler item. When it did not work...

The question that we are trying to answer is whether the POS system still allows it and it is YMMV (in the past, when stores denied this some people would call up corporate and they would eventually tell the store to allow it) or is it now a total ban and not allowed by the system.

Concur, looks like OP was denied by POS system which would be a change & would mean this churn is dead. The systems have always allowed it. Maybe it’s a fluke & a system error but it doesn’t look like it to me. It can also be a case like BB where POS systems are in the process of updating resulting in it working at some stores, but not others. I think it took BB about a week to go nationwide with their POS ban on gc to gc. As such I would advise anyone planning on gc to gc at BB&B to do it ASAP. Better safe than sorry.

Question for those who have ordered Disney GC from shopDisney with a VV from SB....if your order was canceled, did it happen right away? if you were successful, was the order pending for several days?

I ordered a physical GC 4 days ago (I want a cute one for each kid) and the order is still "processing"...I'm wondering if I should wait or contact them. If they're going to cancel it, I'd rather get my money back now.
Wait. ShopDisney is infamous for taking forever and another day on top of that.

LOL this is always so comical to me. Just once I want someone here to say back to them “describe to me what you think money laundering is.” I’ve yet to see any criminals stopping by BB&B to buy gift cards with their drug money :rotfl: Sorry you got hassled though!
The pile on by the Kohl’s lady is the kicker to me. Like dang m’am! Would love to go back in time for OP and tell the lady that Kohl’s allows it again & I just used a Kohl’s gc for other gc’s last week... I might have a vindictive streak sometimes...

ETA: you cannot gc to gc at Kohl’s! My dark sense of humor gets the better of me sometimes & I don’t want any confusion :)

Last edited:
Chase cash back from staples posted and RMN is pending!! Woohoo.

But on the other hand , 2/3 of the Disney transactions failed. I took advantage of the free shipping to pick up some smaller items for our trip. But one was out of stock after I ordered it. So Disney graciously didn’t charge me for it and took me below the threshold wiping out all my savings.. Then i ordered physical gc for my boys to have neat designs and 2 of them “didn’t produce” per Disney’s email. Oh well, can’t win them all.

Yet another Kroger 4x fp promo coming...
With digital coupon, 4/10-4/23
Looks like it’s on all the regular gift cards. Maybe we’ll get another digital coupon on the visa and MasterCard gc’s.

Thank you! I hope those are included!!!

Which reminds me these are ending on Tuesday, April 9th:
upload_2019-4-7_14-9-19.png

Hi! I am an occasional lurker on this thread and am coming out of lurkdom with a question. Has anyone had trouble recently using a Walmart GC to purchase a Disney GC at Sam's Club online? I did it a couple of weeks ago without issue. On Friday, though, the system would not let me check out paying with the gift cards. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem, or if it's me and possibly my gift cards. The website allows me to add the Walmart GCs as a payment method and says they have money on them, it just won't let me check out.

I ordered a physical GC 4 days ago (I want a cute one for each kid) and the order is still "processing"I'm wondering if I should wait or contact them. If they're going to cancel it, I'd rather get my money back now.

I ordered a physical GC on 3/26 and my order is still processing as well. I did not pay with a VV though.

Hi! I am an occasional lurker on this thread and am coming out of lurkdom with a question. Has anyone had trouble recently using a Walmart GC to purchase a Disney GC at Sam's Club online? I did it a couple of weeks ago without issue. On Friday, though, the system would not let me check out paying with the gift cards. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem, or if it's me and possibly my gift cards. The website allows me to add the Walmart GCs as a payment method and says they have money on them, it just won't let me check out.

I used a WM GC at Sams online last night to buy a DGC with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter