Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
supersnoop, I slid my mastercard give card that had $10 on it and my balance went down accordingly. So I then swiped my first VISA gift card and a screen came up asking what kind of card I think I tried credit first and the PIN window came up. I didn't know the PIN so the cashier cancelled it and slid it herself and used a shopping tab and that didn't go through. So then we tried the debit card tab and it got cancelled again. We tried my other 2 VGC and nothing. I know I have money on them because I called to verify. Anyway the cashier called over a manager and he said I couldn't purchase a giftcard with a giftcard. I think I will try happ's suggestion to purchase Walmart gift cards first. It is just strange that the MC giftcard gave me no problem but the VGC did.

Sam's club does not accept visa cards. They DO accept Master Card.

So is Target gift cards to Disney GCs dead? I've tried twice now at self checkout and gotten a "can only apply 0.00 with this payment type"

So is Target gift cards to Disney GCs dead? I've tried twice now at self checkout and gotten a "can only apply 0.00 with this payment type"

Yes, died about a month or so ago.

If you have other items equal to the gc amount then it will go through.

How much are the $150 packs online? Trying to decide if a membership is worth it. There isn't a store anywhere near me but I could still order online. I have the online on;y membership with Bj's now, have been getting disney gc there. The savings is only 4% now on the $100 card (used to be 5%), but with my cash back on my cc it hasn't been too bad.

Online the $150 packs are selling for $142.98. The $500 cards are selling for $484.98. Both have free shipping. In my physical Sam's Club store, the $150 packs were selling for $144.98.

If this helps for warehouse club pricing,

Screenshot (439).png
You're best deal at the warehouse clubs is the Sam's $150 pk online since they started free shipping. 2nd best is BJ's $100's. The BJ's $150 pk in store price may be YMMV. For me they had been higher $ (worse than the online price) but within the last few months they dropped back down and are now a 4% discount. But that may be store dependent. The rest of the numbers seem consistent nationwide (at least as much of the nation as members here can fact check me :thumbsup2)

If this helps for warehouse club pricing,

View attachment 339005
You're best deal at the warehouse clubs is the Sam's $150 pk online since they started free shipping. 2nd best is BJ's $100's. The BJ's $150 pk in store price may be YMMV. For me they had been higher $ (worse than the online price) but within the last few months they dropped back down and are now a 4% discount. But that may be store dependent. The rest of the numbers seem consistent nationwide (at least as much of the nation as members here can fact check me :thumbsup2)
Thanks for doing the spreadsheet!

For those who can wait, Discover's 4th quarter promotion will yield another 5% savings.

Earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com & Wholesale Clubs from October 1–December 31, 2018, on up to $1,500 in purchases.

Yes, died about a month or so ago.

If you have other items equal to the gc amount then it will go through.

100% dead. If you add other items you can use a Target gift card to pay only for those items, the system will demand a different payment for the Disney gift card even if you have funds left on your Target gift card.

Has anyone seen a Gift Card mall or visa mc gift cards at Chevron/Texaco? None are near me but there are a few in town. I got a 40% cash back offer from Earn More Mall up to $25 for them and I don’t have a car so no need for gas.

I also got one from CVS same deal.

100% dead. If you add other items you can use a Target gift card to pay only for those items, the system will demand a different payment for the Disney gift card even if you have funds left on your Target gift card.

Yes, that’s what I was saying.

Online the $150 packs are selling for $142.98. The $500 cards are selling for $484.98. Both have free shipping. In my physical Sam's Club store, the $150 packs were selling for $144.98.
Thank you for clarifying, we don't have a Sam's Club anywhere near us, and I think the only couple in my state have closed. It seems that it would not be cost prohibitive to go the Sam's Club route for now. The membership fee cancels out the savings I would've gotten over BJ's. At least now I know!

As I said above, their website clearly says Visa is accepted both in store and online. You probably got a cashier or manager who didn't know what they were doing.

I agree. Years ago our Sam's stores didn't take visa credit. I remember specifically, because our business cc were visa. So I would always have to make sure I took a business check with me. However, in the last few years they've taken all forms of payment, including visa credit. Not sure if some stores could be holding out?? But I wouldn't think so in this day and age lol

I should have mentioned the Bed Bath& Beyond in the same area (south of Indy) didn't have any gift cards out.
Just wanted to check, did you not see the gift card stand or were they all out? I'm from Indy and I planned on making a trip to Buy Buy Baby and Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend, but I don't have any other reason to make a trip out there. I know I've gotten gift cards from there before. If it's just a case of them being out I figured I'd give them a week or 2 to restock.

Just wanted to check, did you not see the gift card stand or were they all out? I'm from Indy and I planned on making a trip to Buy Buy Baby and Bed Bath and Beyond this weekend, but I don't have any other reason to make a trip out there. I know I've gotten gift cards from there before. If it's just a case of them being out I figured I'd give them a week or 2 to restock.

I didn't see any gift cards at Bed Bath and Beyond (Greenwood store, I believe was the suburb name) except for their store cards. At the other stores I've been to (Columbus and Dayton, OH) they have a rack of third party cards right up front. But I walked the perimeter of the store and didn't see any. It's always possible I missed them. Let me know if they're there and I just didn't see them. That way I can kick myself for not seeing them. The BB&B in Ohio I went to have third party gc's but no Disney. I'll check again in the next month or so, but I won't be going through Indy again anytime soon.

Call the store you want to visit. They should be able to tell you if what you want is in stock/sold there before you make the drive.

I didn't see any gift cards at Bed Bath and Beyond (Greenwood store, I believe was the suburb name) except for their store cards. At the other stores I've been to (Columbus and Dayton, OH) they have a rack of third party cards right up front. But I walked the perimeter of the store and didn't see any. It's always possible I missed them. Let me know if they're there and I just didn't see them. That way I can kick myself for not seeing them. The BB&B in Ohio I went to have third party gc's but no Disney. I'll check again in the next month or so, but I won't be going through Indy again anytime soon.
Please don't kick yourself over it, but they do have a stand. It's up front on the opposite side of the registers, a little ways down. It's in between the seasonal display and the towels. It's not very big at all and the first time I went to pick some up I almost missed it. They used to have a much larger one down by the bath section, but I have a feeling people didn't go there for gift cards so they decided to condense it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter