Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith's Marketplace (Kroger's) sells packs of $15 Disney Gift cards. 3 in a pack for $45. They are the standard Mickey but have $15 printed in white letters up in the left corner. I have bought those a couple times for my 3 girls.

Picked up 4 $25 disney cards at BB&B and got confirmations for each of my 4 amex accounts I used the offer.

@robinb I’ve Amex offers post as soon as the charge posts or within a couple days of that (that’s normal) but a Total Wine offer I did once took over 3 weeks. I’d do the offer right after your statement cuts so that you have a month for the credit to post. That way your bill will be $20 instead of $25 (or whatever offer you’re doing) and you don’t have to worry about the credit on your account

Smith's Marketplace (Kroger's) sells packs of $15 Disney Gift cards. 3 in a pack for $45. They are the standard Mickey but have $15 printed in white letters up in the left corner. I have bought those a couple times for my 3 girls.

I think I'm safer with the e-gift cards though. Now people cannot say their GC's are drained when they get them.

Last edited:

Those would have been so useful for the giveaway. But nope! Not here in MI or at least I should say, not in my area. I would have bought them. I think I'm safer with the e-gift cards though. Now people cannot say their GC's are drained when they get them.

I think it might be in everyone's best interest if you stated where you live, that way OP can go there and get them. Sounds like a plan to me!

I am in Utah. So yes too far from MI. Smith’s Marketplace only place I have seen them here though. I’ve bought them when my girls wanted a gift card from the tooth fairy. (Yes sadly that became a thing when Mom didn’t have cash one night and so an empty gift card it was). The $15 was the cheapest I could find although I do know when in May D8 lost her tooth in WDW they allowed variable load of any amount. Couldn’t charge to room or use gift card though.

I think it might be in everyone's best interest if you stated where you live, that way OP can go there and get them. Sounds like a plan to me!

Eating CROW! I had to look back, I was originally looking for $10 Disney Gift Cards!!! MY BAD!

I asked Moderator rteetz to pick them up for me and he told me they start at $15. This is me eating crow...

upload_2018-7-20_21-18-24.png

not to worry folks, it tastes like chicken!

Picked up 4 $25 disney cards at BB&B and got confirmations for each of my 4 amex accounts I used the offer.

@robinb I’ve Amex offers post as soon as the charge posts or within a couple days of that (that’s normal) but a Total Wine offer I did once took over 3 weeks. I’d do the offer right after your statement cuts so that you have a month for the credit to post. That way your bill will be $20 instead of $25 (or whatever offer you’re doing) and you don’t have to worry about the credit on your account
Where are the gift cards in your BB&B located. I went to my local one in n out while pickup up food in the same are but I did not see any GC. I think they probably just do not carry any.

Where are the gift cards in your BB&B located. I went to my local one in n out while pickup up food in the same are but I did not see any GC. I think they probably just do not carry any.
My local one doesn't carry them either, but I'm traveling right now and this one does. At this store they are in a big display right when you walk in the store. Can't miss it, they're displayed like at Lowe's. I asked at my local store when I couldn't find them anywhere and they said they don't carry 3rd party gift cards.

My local one doesn't carry them either, but I'm traveling right now and this one does. At this store they are in a big display right when you walk in the store. Can't miss it, they're displayed like at Lowe's. I asked at my local store when I couldn't find them anywhere and they said they don't carry 3rd party gift cards.

Our BB&B is under construction. They had them originally in the center of the store opposite of the cash registers. When I was there on 7/16 they were moved into a bin. I had to specifically ask for them and they were handed to me in a bunch with a rubber band by an employee who watched me like a hawk! ::yes::

So I just left a Sams Club and tried to purchase Disney gift cards with 2 Visa and 1 MC gift cards. MC went through but Visa did not. The manager said I couldn't purchase GC with GC. Is there a trick to it? The screen showed different options: credit (which asked for a pin) debit, even a shopping tab which the cashier choose and it didn't go through. Would like to try a different Sams tomorrow. What do you all suggest?

So I just left a Sams Club and tried to purchase Disney gift cards with 2 Visa and 1 MC gift cards. MC went through but Visa did not. The manager said I couldn't purchase GC with GC. Is there a trick to it? The screen showed different options: credit (which asked for a pin) debit, even a shopping tab which the cashier choose and it didn't go through. Would like to try a different Sams tomorrow. What do you all suggest?
I've never used a vgc at Sam's, but when I've used them elsewhere I think I've just hit cancel when it has asked for a pin. I haven't tried to use more than one on the same transaction though. One idea is to use the vgc's online to buy walmart egiftcards and then use those at Sam's.

I think I'm safer with the e-gift cards though. Now people cannot say their GC's are drained when they get them.

I haven't heard of Disney gift cards being drained, because generally the gift cards the thieves go after are ones that can easily be liquidated for high end merchandise like Best Buy, ebay, Visa or MasterCard, etc. These crooks are generally not looking to steal Disney gift cards to take their family on vacation to Disneyworld.

And also to note, e-gift cards can get drained too. I think it was 2 summers ago that numerous egift cards sold through Paypal Digital Gifts ended up being drained. Also, an egift card can be drained if someone hacks into your email.

Just to add to this a little . . . I just ordered a bunch of the $150 packs online. I went to the store planning to buy them, but they were priced $2 higher in the store than online so I went home and ordered them. I placed the order on Saturday morning and they arrived on Thursday. What I find a little odd is that it is only possible to order 5 at a time. I wanted to buy 7, so I did two separate orders back-to-back. There was no issues with that.
How much are the $150 packs online? Trying to decide if a membership is worth it. There isn't a store anywhere near me but I could still order online. I have the online on;y membership with Bj's now, have been getting disney gc there. The savings is only 4% now on the $100 card (used to be 5%), but with my cash back on my cc it hasn't been too bad.

This week at Meijer, there's a new coupon to clip, $10 off a $150 or more MC. The fee is usually $6.95, so $3 profit. In the rewards section, there's a $5 reward for every $50 in gift cards you purchase. This one is good for a couple weeks.

What do you mean by “couldn’t?” How hard did you try? The machine asks for a pin, but you should be able to proceed without one.

Did anyone get and use the Spend $50 or more, get $15 back at Samsclub.com AMEX offer? I bought a Disney gift card on the 15th but didn't get the email confirming that I used the offer and it's still listed in my "added to card" section. The offer expires on July 31st. I will say that I have never used one of the online offers before so I'm not sure if this is a common thing!

supersnoop, I slid my mastercard give card that had $10 on it and my balance went down accordingly. So I then swiped my first VISA gift card and a screen came up asking what kind of card I think I tried credit first and the PIN window came up. I didn't know the PIN so the cashier cancelled it and slid it herself and used a shopping tab and that didn't go through. So then we tried the debit card tab and it got cancelled again. We tried my other 2 VGC and nothing. I know I have money on them because I called to verify. Anyway the cashier called over a manager and he said I couldn't purchase a giftcard with a giftcard. I think I will try happ's suggestion to purchase Walmart gift cards first. It is just strange that the MC giftcard gave me no problem but the VGC did.

Did anyone get and use the Spend $50 or more, get $15 back at Samsclub.com AMEX offer? I bought a Disney gift card on the 15th but didn't get the email confirming that I used the offer and it's still listed in my "added to card" section. The offer expires on July 31st. I will say that I have never used one of the online offers before so I'm not sure if this is a common thing!
I made an online purchase on 7-4 and was credited the $15 on 7-11

I haven't heard of Disney gift cards being drained, because generally the gift cards the thieves go after are ones that can easily be liquidated for high end merchandise like Best Buy, ebay, Visa or MasterCard, etc. These crooks are generally not looking to steal Disney gift cards to take their family on vacation to Disneyworld.

And also to note, e-gift cards can get drained too. I think it was 2 summers ago that numerous egift cards sold through Paypal Digital Gifts ended up being drained. Also, an egift card can be drained if someone hacks into your email.

You must have missed where I mentioned I'm hosting a Halloween Party Gift Card Giveaway here on the DIS. I don't plan on mailing physical gift cards to the winners. I plan on purchasing all e-gift cards from the actual companies and not ebay.

My dad used his and mentioned he didn’t get the email like he usually does but it did credit to his account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter