Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't answer your questions at all, but it may help...if you use Swagbucks and are willing to get Lowe's gift cards, MyGiftCardsPlus.com has a 10% back in Swagbucks on Lowe's gift card purchases. $300 would get you $30.00 in swagbucks, which you could cash out for Paypal other gift cards right away.

Unfortunately, the flooring I want is ONLY available at HD :( I shouldn't say the flooring I want - but need. We did the rest of our house almost 2 years ago and it is the flooring that matches. Just want to tear up the carpet that's in the to be baby's room and have the same flooring as the rest of the house. Thank you though :o

MyGifCardsPlus (via SwagBucks) also has Home Depot gift cards at a 2% rebate. It's not as good as the Lowe's deal, but it's better than nothing, especially if you are unable to find any other rebates.

Did anyone who got banned from ordering online at Target dot com ever get that decision reversed?
we could not get reactivated. We called CS, canceled a credit card, sent emails - all attempts failed. They even block new accounts set up with different cards. It sucks for us cause we like to shop online, but the Target door is slammed shut.

we could not get reactivated. We called CS, canceled a credit card, sent emails - all attempts failed. They even block new accounts set up with different cards. It sucks for us cause we like to shop online, but the Target door is slammed shut.
This is crazy, how many did you buy? Did they cite an official reason for the ban?

This is crazy, how many did you buy? Did they cite an official reason for the ban?
This happened in the hay days of churning. We were buying LOTS of ebay and Disney cards. Thier canned response was always the same. Your account has been marked as a reseller so you are no longer able to shop online. Its obvious they knew what we were doing so we got the book thrown at us. We just hope that somehow someday there will be a switch that flips and lets us shop again :crazy2:

I've tried 3 times to order 2 of the $100 disney gift cards from bj's today and it's been cancelled every time because they can't verify my payment. I know my credit cards are Fine! Anyone have this problem before?

I've tried 3 times to order 2 of the $100 disney gift cards from bj's today and it's been cancelled every time because they can't verify my payment. I know my credit cards are Fine! Anyone have this problem before?

Yes, repeatedly. I've had trouble getting orders through when paying with a prepaid MasterCard in spite of registering the card first. I'd get between 2 and 4 orders through and then all my subsequent orders would get cancelled within 30 minutes. I'd take a break for a couple of weeks and then be able to do a couple more orders. I finally gave up and decided to just order the remaining gift cards I wanted all at once using my credit card. That order got cancelled so I called. She ran the credit card through again and it was declined. I finally realized that this credit card had my middle initial on it, while most of my others don't. Their systems are very picky about making sure the name you enter for the billing info exactly matches the name on your credit card. Once that was corrected, the order went through just fine.

ACK!:crazy2: I have been diligently redeeming my SB's on the first of the month for a $25 Target gift card (2200 SB for a $25 card, once a month) so that I could use them for a $25 Disney gift card. Well, three days ago, while at Target, I noticed that they were out of the $100 Disney cards, which are normally fully stocked. They still had the $50 and $25 ones so I figured that perhaps they were going to put the $100 online only. Well today, with my $25 Target gift card in hand, I went to "redeem" it and found that they no longer have any $25 ones either....and there were only 2-3 $50 ones left! I really hope that they are not moving the Disney gift cards to the e-cards that they are offering online. I guess if they do, I will just start converting my SwagBucks into Best Buy since they have the variable-load cards...for now. This is a store that NEVER ran out of Disney gift cards, even during the holidays. The only time I ever saw them out was when they were offering the $5 Target card with purchase of 2 Disney gift cards. They did run out of the $25 cards that time, but the $50's and $100's stayed in stock. This low level of Disney gift cards, throughout the store, not just in the regular gift card section, but also at the checkouts, has me concerned:scared:.

ACK!:crazy2: I have been diligently redeeming my SB's on the first of the month for a $25 Target gift card (2200 SB for a $25 card, once a month) so that I could use them for a $25 Disney gift card. Well, three days ago, while at Target, I noticed that they were out of the $100 Disney cards, which are normally fully stocked. They still had the $50 and $25 ones so I figured that perhaps they were going to put the $100 online only. Well today, with my $25 Target gift card in hand, I went to "redeem" it and found that they no longer have any $25 ones either....and there were only 2-3 $50 ones left! I really hope that they are not moving the Disney gift cards to the e-cards that they are offering online. I guess if they do, I will just start converting my SwagBucks into Best Buy since they have the variable-load cards...for now. This is a store that NEVER ran out of Disney gift cards, even during the holidays. The only time I ever saw them out was when they were offering the $5 Target card with purchase of 2 Disney gift cards. They did run out of the $25 cards that time, but the $50's and $100's stayed in stock. This low level of Disney gift cards, throughout the store, not just in the regular gift card section, but also at the checkouts, has me concerned:scared:.
My Target in Maine only seems to have the $50 gift cards in store.:sad1:

This happened to me yesterday. I went to 2 Targets in Riverside, CA that are usually always well stocked in multiple parts of the stores with Disney gift cards, but they didn't have any at all. They had the Disneyland tickets though. This concerned me so I will be avoiding the Target gift card route from now on, and I warned the rest of my family to do the same. I'll do the SwagBucks to BestBuy route now too. Luckily I only had $50 in Target gift cards from SwagBucks earnings that I needed to convert. I just picked up a hotels.com gift card instead.

My Target in Maine only seems to have the $50 gift cards in store.:sad1:

Check by the electronics section for the $100 ones, there is usually a display with GC's there. They seem to only keep the $50 ones by the cash registers.

Though the last couple times in my local Target they didn't have the $100 ones.

Unfortunately, the flooring I want is ONLY available at HD :( I shouldn't say the flooring I want - but need. We did the rest of our house almost 2 years ago and it is the flooring that matches. Just want to tear up the carpet that's in the to be baby's room and have the same flooring as the rest of the house. Thank you though :o
Home Depot accepts competiter coupons, I bought a 10% lowes coupon on eBay for around $3 to buy our refrigerator that was on sale at HD (saved over $100)

Besides what was already mentioned for searching for Disney GC at Target, check out the end cap near the birthday cards. They also have some around the store in random isles. Disney GC was also hard to find last year around peak season since the 5% Redcard > Disney GC is the most popular way to churn.

Check by the electronics section for the $100 ones, there is usually a display with GC's there. They seem to only keep the $50 ones by the cash registers.

Though the last couple times in my local Target they didn't have the $100 ones.

Besides what was already mentioned for searching for Disney GC at Target, check out the end cap near the birthday cards. They also have some around the store in random isles. Disney GC was also hard to find last year around peak season since the 5% Redcard > Disney GC is the most popular way to churn.

I visit our Target store about twice a week and I am very familiar with where they place the Disney gift cards. When I went through the store yesterday, looking for a $25 card, I checked all of the places that they stock any of the Disney gift cards. The supply was about 25% of what it was on Tuesday which is what has me worried. It was a VERY noticeable difference in their supply. I understand why there was a low stock in the past, like around Christmas and when they ran their promos, but why on earth would there suddenly be such a significant decline in August? I'm wondering if August 1 was some sort of cut-off for selling Disney cards in the store???

Anyways, I am skittish so I cashed out another $25 in SwagBucks yesterday for another Target card and, hopefully, I can get it today and then head over for one, last $50 card. After this, my SB's are going to Best Buy.

I visit our Target store about twice a week and I am very familiar with where they place the Disney gift cards. When I went through the store yesterday, looking for a $25 card, I checked all of the places that they stock any of the Disney gift cards. The supply was about 25% of what it was on Tuesday which is what has me worried. It was a VERY noticeable difference in their supply. I understand why there was a low stock in the past, like around Christmas and when they ran their promos, but why on earth would there suddenly be such a significant decline in August? I'm wondering if August 1 was some sort of cut-off for selling Disney cards in the store???

Anyways, I am skittish so I cashed out another $25 in SwagBucks yesterday for another Target card and, hopefully, I can get it today and then head over for one, last $50 card. After this, my SB's are going to Best Buy.
Lots of people vacationing in the summer. My guess is that someone just bought a ton of them to pay off a cruise or other high-priced trip and depleted their stock. My store still had quite a few Disney GCs in the electronics section last week. I didn't check the greeting card area.

But since Target and BB GCs take the same number of SBs, there's no harm in switching your strategy to BB. You can also collect ShopKick kicks for the purchase at BB, so you come out ahead going that route.

I don't normally look at Disney cards on Targets site anymore, but I decided to look at them after reading this. I don't know if they've always said it since I don't check, but both the $100 and $50 online says not sold in stores. It's been awhile, but didn't this happen at one point last year too?

But since Target and BB GCs take the same number of SBs, there's no harm in switching your strategy to BB. You can also collect ShopKick kicks for the purchase at BB, so you come out ahead going that route.

My thoughts exactly. I've been cashing out for Target because I combine them with the free GC's, but my stock of those is finally dwindling so I'm going to start getting BB cards to get the shop kicks :)

I don't normally look at Disney cards on Targets site anymore, but I decided to look at them after reading this. I don't know if they've always said it since I don't check, but both the $100 and $50 online says not sold in stores. It's been awhile, but didn't this happen at one point last year too?

I'm pretty sure they do that so you can't buy it online and then pickup in store. They give them different sku's in the system even though they are the same merchandise. Bj's does the same, most of the cards I see there that are 'online only' I do have in the stores (just maybe different pricing). I haven't bought them online for a while but I recall it showing that the last time I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter