Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to double check that I read right ... I can no longer buy Target giftcards on Raise, then use them online to buy Disney cards and getting my redcard discount to get another 5% off.

Thanks everyone.
Correct. BUT.. You can buy a discounted Target card on Raise, and use it in the store to buy a Disney gc.

Did anyone else receive an email from Best Buy The title says shop with us doesn't say online, but the terms appear to be only online. Doesn't say it excludes 3rd party GC. It comes in the form of a reward certificate not egift card. Can certificates be use for 3rd party GC?

Offer of the Day—earn up to $60 in rewards when you shop today

Shop with us from 8/2/17-8/31/17 and receive:
$10 Promotional Reward Certificate when you spend $100-$249.99, or

$30 Promotional Reward Certificate when you spend $250-$499.99 or

$60 Promotional Reward Certificate when you spend $500 or more.

CONDITIONS

REWARD CERTIFICATE OFFER:
*Offer valid 8/2/17–8/30/17 to select My Best Buy® members. Promotional Reward Certificate will be delivered via e-mail on 9/17/17 after purchasing $100 or more on BestBuy.com through 8/30/17. Offer excludes Best Buy gift card purchases and is not valid if an order is canceled or if a canceled order reduces the total below $100 during the promotional period. Orders totaling $100-$249.99 before shipping and tax will get a $10 promotional reward certificate; orders totaling $250-$499.99 before shipping and tax will get a $30 promotional reward certificate; or orders totaling $500 or more before shipping and tax will get a $60 promotional reward certificate. Promotional Reward Certificate is valid for use toward a future purchase between 9/17/17–9/30/17. Valid e-mail address must be linked to your My Best Buy account and provided at time of purchase to receive Promotional Reward Certificate.

Did anyone else receive an email from Best Buy The title says shop with us doesn't say online, but the terms appear to be only online. Doesn't say it excludes 3rd party GC. It comes in the form of a reward certificate not egift card. Can certificates be use for 3rd party GC?

"Rewards certificates" are the same as the ones BBY emails out when My Best Buy members spend so-much at Best Buy or online. They come with a bar code that cashiers scan and a certificate number that they key in, and can be used for third-party gift cards. I haven't had any problems redeeming them for Disney gift cards. The certificates do have an expiration date.

Did anyone else receive an email from Best Buy

I received a $25 Reward Certificate really not sure why, but I did go into the store and applied it to a Disney GC. I received it the same week they emailed the $15 Promotional cash when I bought a $150 BB GC and I purchased two.

Curious to know if the shopping sites like Ebates or the bonus airline miles shopping sites (aka Southwest Airlines Shopping) will actually give you points/miles/cashback for gift card purchases on Target.com? I know it says it won't in the fine print but I've heard sometimes it isn't accurate and just wondering if anyone has tried it?

I have learned the hard way to always verify the balance immediately after purchase. This is going to be a long story, sorry.

I bought $500 worth of Disney gift cards at Meijer almost a year ago, 1@ $300, 1@ $100, and 2@ $50, in one transaction, paid cash, got the receipt. Didn't check anything and filed the gift cards and receipt away along with all of my others.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I'm adding all my gift cards into DVA because my vacation payment deadline is coming up. Three of the cards come up with an error, so I check the balance online and it gives another error. I then call the number on the back and it tells me that all 3 gift cards were never activated. It actually says "This card has not been activated" as opposed to "Your balance is zero," so there's no way that I could have just spent the money since it had never been activated. So I go through my receipts, start matching numbers, and confirm that the gift cards are for $300, $100, and $50. Apparently the other $50 gift card that was purchased at the same time had been activated, but none of these had. And yes, the receipt showed that I had paid in full in cash.

So I go down to Meijer and explain the situation, but of course, they don't know what to do since it's almost been a year and their system doesn't go back that far. Managers come over and I explain that my receipt proves they were paid for, you can call and see that they were never activated, and they need to fix it. They go into the office to call the regional manager, etc and ONLY THEN do I actually see that at the very bottom of the receipt it actually says "The following gift cards did not activate" and lists the card numbers. So I show that to the managers too.

I get a nice long lecture on how could I have not known until now (umm, I was saving for a trip, and why did you charge me for something that did not activate???) They insisted that they've never seen a gift card not activate and basically acted like I was trying to scam the system. Then they said that since it's been so long, there was nothing they could do. I responded, "You have three choices. 1) You activate these gift cards with the $450 that I paid you 11 months ago. 2) You give me new activated gift cards with $450 on them and I give you these ones back. 3) You refund my $450 in cash that I paid for gift card values that I did not receive. I have proof right here that I was charged and the money was not placed on the gift cards. I'm sorry I did not notice sooner but I will not lose $450 for YOUR system or employee error." They then said they'd have to speak with corporate and would get back to me early the next morning and asked to hold on to the gift cards and receipt. Yeah, I'm going to give you all of my proof that I've even made a purchase from you for you to hold on to over night. Not gonna happen. I did let them make a copy of the receipt only and was assured of that phone call the next morning.

By 4 pm the next day I still hadn't heard from them, so I drive down and it's a different manager. Funny enough, it's the manager that a week ago tried to insist on replacing a jar of spaghetti sauce that my daughter accidentally dropped while bagging groceries. I had told him no, that it was our mistake and they shouldn't lose money for our mistake. He kept insisting and saying, "Let me replace it, you're not responsible, that's not how it works here." I had replied to him, "That's how personal accountability works." He looked shocked, then nodded, smiled, and wished me a good day.

So anyway, fast forward and he greets me with, "Hey, it's you again!" I mention that I'm here to figure out what was determined about my gift cards and he of course has no idea what I'm talking about. So I begin rehashing the story and show him the receipt and gift cards. He cuts me off after matching the gift card numbers to the receipt and turns to an employee and says, "Wait, so the only issue with giving this lady new gift cards is that the register sales aren't going to match up for today?" She nods. He then says, "Well, clearly she paid and didn't receive what she paid for. Go grab three new gift cards." He then smiles at me and says, "I believe in accountability as well." I smile and thank him. The second I walked out I checked the balance and the new cards had been activated.

Sorry for the long story, but point being, always check your gift cards to ensure they've been activated AND read your ENTIRE receipt in case there's a message of importance at the bottom. Even though I did get the issue corrected, it was still a hassle and had I not encountered that one manager who I had that recent broken jar experience with, it might have turned into an even bigger hassle.

I buy my cards from BJ'S and I had a similar experience. I received 5 gift cards and one of them was activated twice so it was voided when I received it. I called BJ'S and they were excellent at replacing it immediately.

I buy my cards from BJ'S and I had a similar experience. I received 5 gift cards and one of them was activated twice so it was voided when I received it. I called BJ'S and they were excellent at replacing it immediately.

I bought $1600 in Disney gift cards from BJs in June, and while they came with activation receipts, *none* of them were activated. BJs customer service was terrible, in my experience, and it took forever to get my money back, as they weren't particularly helpful in activating the cards either because it is all done through a 3rd party vendor. The whole experience was terrible, they lied to us several times, and it was bad enough that I am sticking with buying at Kroger with 4X fuel points and 5% back from my credit card instead.

CONDITIONS

*Offer valid 8/2/17–8/30/17 to select My Best Buy® members. Promotional Reward Certificate will be delivered via e-mail on 9/17/17 after purchasing $100 or more on BestBuy.com through 8/30/17. Offer excludes Best Buy gift card purchases and is not valid if an order is canceled or if a canceled order reduces the total below $100 during the promotional period. Orders totaling $100-$249.99 before shipping and tax will get a $10 promotional reward certificate; orders totaling $250-$499.99 before shipping and tax will get a $30 promotional reward certificate; or orders totaling $500 or more before shipping and tax will get a $60 promotional reward certificate. Promotional Reward Certificate is valid for use toward a future purchase between 9/17/17–9/30/17. Valid e-mail address must be linked to your My Best Buy account and provided at time of purchase to receive Promotional Reward Certificate.
I'm thinking about combining this with the Am Ex offer. I didn't see the email for this in my inbox, but I do have a rewards account. Think this is open to everyone with the Best Buy rewards account or just those who received the email?

I bought $1600 in Disney gift cards from BJs in June, and while they came with activation receipts, *none* of them were activated. BJs customer service was terrible, in my experience, and it took forever to get my money back, as they weren't particularly helpful in activating the cards either because it is all done through a 3rd party vendor. The whole experience was terrible, they lied to us several times, and it was bad enough that I am sticking with buying at Kroger with 4X fuel points and 5% back from my credit card instead.

I'm so sorry you had trouble with them. I had my replacement card in my hand within 2 days. I'm in NJ...I wonder if location could have anything to do with it? My cards come from Massachusetts.

CONDITIONS

I didn't get the email, but I have their marketing emails turned off. I wonder if they can tell if I am eligible for the promo over the phone.

Was there a specific link you had to take to make your purchase?

Sorry OT... But has anyone noticed if Target sells Home Depot gift cards? When we did a house remodel almost 2 years ago I'd get HD gift cards at about 8% off on resale sites. Right now it's looking at less than 2%! I just need about $300 worth, not a big deal - trying to buy flooring for just one room that is only available at HD.

I didn't get the email, but I have their marketing emails turned off. I wonder if they can tell if I am eligible for the promo over the phone.

Was there a specific link you had to take to make your purchase?

In the email itself it had something to click on to activate the offer...

Sorry OT... But has anyone noticed if Target sells Home Depot gift cards? When we did a house remodel almost 2 years ago I'd get HD gift cards at about 8% off on resale sites. Right now it's looking at less than 2%! I just need about $300 worth, not a big deal - trying to buy flooring for just one room that is only available at HD.
This doesn't answer your questions at all, but it may help...if you use Swagbucks and are willing to get Lowe's gift cards, MyGiftCardsPlus.com has a 10% back in Swagbucks on Lowe's gift card purchases. $300 would get you $30.00 in swagbucks, which you could cash out for Paypal other gift cards right away.

This doesn't answer your questions at all, but it may help...if you use Swagbucks and are willing to get Lowe's gift cards, MyGiftCardsPlus.com has a 10% back in Swagbucks on Lowe's gift card purchases. $300 would get you $30.00 in swagbucks, which you could cash out for Paypal other gift cards right away.

Unfortunately, the flooring I want is ONLY available at HD :( I shouldn't say the flooring I want - but need. We did the rest of our house almost 2 years ago and it is the flooring that matches. Just want to tear up the carpet that's in the to be baby's room and have the same flooring as the rest of the house. Thank you though :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter