Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Home Depot sell Disney cards? There is an Amex offer for $15 back on a $75 purchase. Gonna go see if I can find a current Twitter code.

Also, I had an Undercover Tourist offer of $20 back on a $100 purchase. Not great if you want the higher priced tickets (you're better off getting them elsewhere), but it might be good for a one day ticket or something else cheap.

Does Home Depot sell Disney cards? There is an Amex offer for $15 back on a $75 purchase. Gonna go see if I can find a current Twitter code.

Also, I had an Undercover Tourist offer of $20 back on a $100 purchase. Not great if you want the higher priced tickets (you're better off getting them elsewhere), but it might be good for a one day ticket or something else cheap.

Yes, Home Depot does! Last time Amex had an offer, I bought a bunch. They stock $25 and $50 cards. I believe there's also a 2x Membership Rewards Points offer going on until 12/31. I'm going to check my offers now.

ETA: I got it and it's on my wife's AU card too! Thanks @pillow!

Last edited:
Yes, Home Depot does! Last time Amex had an offer, I bought a bunch. They stock $25 and $50 cards. I believe there's also a 2x Membership Points offer going on until 12/31. I'm going to check my offers now.

What is the membership points? Is that through Home Depot or something with Amex?

I've always found UCT to be a good deal with the coupons. Where do you find tickets better than with the Amex offer?

What is the membership points? Is that through Home Depot or something with Amex?

Membership Rewards is Amex's points reward program. Redeemable for statement credit, gift cards, shopping credit on several websites (e.g. Amazon), travel and products through Amex's portal sites, etc.

Thanks for posting this. I just stopped by Home Depot on my way to work and picked up a $50 and $25 Disney gift cards.

If you area member at Sams Warehouse, and you plan on staying with Swagbucks, I would get a Sams or WalMart Card. Sams sells sells 3 $50 Disney cards for 142.95 (or something like that.) When you have enough gift cards, you can exchange there. If that's not an option for you, then Paypal, Target or BB are your best options. Unless you have self checkout at your Target, you won't get a RED Card discount, but heck, it's still a free card.

We have a Those using Swagbucks thread here on DIS, which you might find helpful

To clarify something re: Target. You have 3 ways to buy Disney cards at Target:

1. Online with Red Card as payment. This will get you 5% off.
  2. In store with Red Card as payment. This will also get you 5% off.
  3. In store using Target GCs as payment. This will not get you 5% off, regardless of whether you have a RC or not.
If you are going with option 3, your easiest path is doing self-checkout, as going through manned checkout lanes may result in running into a cashier who won't allow the transaction (although the system will).

When does the AMEX credit usually post? I'm just curious.

It usually posts at the same time as the transaction itself. Or within a day. Sometimes there are exceptions to this, like for offers for hotels. I believe those don't credit until after your stay, IIRC.

My experience has been that it can take a few days. When I make a qualifying purchase, I get an email immediately afterwards notifying me that I've used my offer and will be credited whatever the promotional amount if my purchase qualifies. The credit almost always appears on my statement between same day to 5 days later. Much better than the official terms that usually say you'll see the credit within 90 days of your purchase or the end of the promotional period.

I've always found UCT to be a good deal with the coupons. Where do you find tickets better than with the Amex offer?

I do a ticket search on the touring plans site - https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator#.

For a 6 day hopper, they direct me to Park Savers for a ticket price of $394 (it actually looks like Park Savers has a promo going right now, so you'd actually get 7 days for that price).

Undercover tourist = $436 - $20 Amex offer - 1% portal savings = $412.

I do a ticket search on the touring plans site - https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator#.

For a 6 day hopper, they direct me to Park Savers for a ticket price of $394 (it actually looks like Park Savers has a promo going right now, so you'd actually get 7 days for that price).

Undercover tourist = $436 - $20 Amex offer - 1% portal savings = $412.

We don't get hoppers so maybe that's the difference??? We found we rush too much with the hoppers so now just pick one park to do & slow down some.

We don't get hoppers so maybe that's the difference??? We found we rush too much with the hoppers so now just pick one park to do & slow down some.

Yep - I looked and that is indeed the difference. But interesting that the 6 day non hopper ticket price of $367 on Undercover Tourist is so close in price to Park Savers price of $394 for a hopper.

I know it's not a gift card related question, but since others on here shop on ebay I thought I'd ask. During our trip DH and DS got into pin trading. I thought I would order some from ebay so for our next trip we would have some to trade. I received the pins I ordered yesterday and I can tell majority of them are fake. I sent the seller a message asking if they were authentic and she came back saying they were 100% tradeable....(not the same thing, but ok). I'm probably going to ask for a refund, but I purchased them with a few other things last week when they had the coupon for $15 off $60. I wasn't sure how a refund would work in that case. Would it be the full amount of the listing price or just a percentage of how much the discount would have been. I'm trying to factor shipping in as well so I'm not sure if that would justify the return.

Here now! It's been awesome and love using all my gc!
A couple things wanted to give heads up -
1. While checking into RPR at USO the machine ate one of my gc and I kept following up but no one could tell me where the funds went so I got $100 credit to use at USO. So if this happens to you and a gc is drained - keep on them!

2. USO doesn't automatically take the balance on Visa gc so know your balance.

3. If you're an AP tons of new discounts are available for the 45th Anniversary!!! I did some quick math and I'm saving an additional $300 this week with the AP discount - even got the 20% back for the prepaid luau.

I know it's not a gift card related question, but since others on here shop on ebay I thought I'd ask. During our trip DH and DS got into pin trading. I thought I would order some from ebay so for our next trip we would have some to trade. I received the pins I ordered yesterday and I can tell majority of them are fake. I sent the seller a message asking if they were authentic and she came back saying they were 100% tradeable....(not the same thing, but ok). I'm probably going to ask for a refund, but I purchased them with a few other things last week when they had the coupon for $15 off $60. I wasn't sure how a refund would work in that case. Would it be the full amount of the listing price or just a percentage of how much the discount would have been. I'm trying to factor shipping in as well so I'm not sure if that would justify the return.

I purchased a few items with a coupon a few month ago. One item was cancelled and I got back the item amount minus the coupon amount. You will probably not get the full amount back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter