• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird thing just happened at Kroger. 4x fuel points ends today so I bought a $100 Disney gift card and a $100 visa (fixed) gift card plus some groceries. Only got 436 fuel points (should have been about 850). It looks like I got fuel points on the Disney gift card, the groceries, and the visa activation fee. I called and they added 400 points and said there hadn't been a change in policy. Also was told I should only be getting 400 fuel points on a $100 visa gift card not the 424 I've been getting (which includes the activation fee)???

Weird thing just happened at Kroger. 4x fuel points ends today so I bought a $100 Disney gift card and a $100 visa (fixed) gift card plus some groceries. Only got 436 fuel points (should have been about 850). It looks like I got fuel points on the Disney gift card, the groceries, and the visa activation fee. I called and they added 400 points and said there hadn't been a change in policy. Also was told I should only be getting 400 fuel points on a $100 visa gift card not the 424 I've been getting (which includes the activation fee)???

Which store? I'm getting ready to run out and do the same. Maybe I'll try a different location (not sure if it will matter).

Yes, they have both values of cards available, but only the $25's can be shipped. If you want the $50's, you have to choose in store pick up. I didn't want to risk driving half an hour to find out the store doesn't actually have them.

The only risk of ordering online for in store pickup is it'll get cancelled. If the store doesn't have them, the store shouldn't show availability; and if the store does or should have them, but the employees "can't" find them or for whatever other reason, your order will get cancelled. When you place your order for in store pickup (don't forget 1% Ebates!), you'll receive an email with the subject, "We've received your order, but it's not quite ready," telling you to wait for another email notifying you your order is ready for pickup. Then, BB will send another email very quickly if your order is cancelled, or an email with the subject, "Your order is ready for pickup."

With all the PPDG/eBay specials recently, I've been redeeming a lot of BB GCs for Disney GCs by ordering online for delivery and in store pickup. (I prefer ordering on BB .com so I can use Ebates for 1% cash back compared to Shopkicks points that are worth 0.8/100 when redeemed for GCs. But then, time value of money). I ordered a bunch of Disney $50 GCs for delivery just about two weeks ago, and ordered another bunch of Disney $50 GCs for in store pickup two days ago (because $50s weren't available for delivery). Both orders went through without problems (I usually use only enough GCs to cover all but $5 or $10 that goes on my CC). I was also a little shocked that Disney $50 GCs weren't available for delivery, but seeing that $25s were, I think BB .com is just OOS on $50s. I'll be checking back occasionally.

P.S. I didn't notice anything different about my local BB store's GC selection. They still have Disney $25 and $50 GCs, restaurant, Netflix, iTunes, PSN, movie theater, gaming and gas cards, etc. No eBay (lol).

I apologize for not attaching the people who were writing about Best Buy, and hope all of you see this.

This past week, I ordered 2 $50 disney cards for store pickup, and had no problems. In fact, I had to call customer service, because I accidently chose the wrong BB store. The person on the phone had no issues. At pickup, I brought $220 worth of gift cards, and traded them in for ebay. (I know, I know.) Not only did the clerk have no problems with this, I got shopkicks for the purchase as well for the instore purchase!

The point is, there is no storewide policy on stopping gc to gc purchases yet, so DO try buying online for store pickup, and DO try another store.

I had a similar issue but at a different store. I only received 2x on my 6 x $100 Visa gc purchase. I waited 45 minutes on hold with Kroger customer service to be told that the coupon expired last night. Huh? I explained to her that there was a 10/1 expiration on the 4x coupon, and she tried to tell me that meant it expired at midnight last night. Then she said she couldn't credit me the additional points until reviewing my receipt, which she could not access in her system for 48 hours. I usually get really good service from Kroger, but not this time . . . (if there wasn't a 45 minute hold, I would have just hung up and tried back).

I had a similar issue but at a different store. I only received 2x on my 6 x $100 Visa gc purchase. I waited 45 minutes on hold with Kroger customer service to be told that the coupon expired last night. Huh? I explained to her that there was a 10/1 expiration on the 4x coupon, and she tried to tell me that meant it expired at midnight last night. Then she said she couldn't credit me the additional points until reviewing my receipt, which she could not access in her system for 48 hours. I usually get really good service from Kroger, but not this time . . . (if there wasn't a 45 minute hold, I would have just hung up and tried back).
Maybe that's what happened to me. I got 412 + points for my groceries. The coupon is still on my app--how can it be expired?

Maybe that's what happened to me. I got 412 + points for my groceries. The coupon is still on my app--how can it be expired?

I just called back . . . the rep said the coupon dropped in error last night and confirmed it was still good. She credited me the points with no hassle. She did tell me the same thing they told you - that you don't get the 4x on the activation fee. I told her that it usually does give 4x and asked if she could do it for me this time. She added the points as a courtesy. Very nice and on par with what I've come to expect from their customer service.

For those of you who run the Visa gift cards as debit (US Bank Visa at Kroger), are you using the enclosed pin or are you changing the pin before using? I would like to change my pin, but can't seem to figure out a way to do this. Feeling inept at the moment. TIA!

Edited: Nevermind . . . figured it out. One of those days!

Last edited:
I have a $5 off a purchase of $15+ coupon for Target. I went last night to use it on a $25 Disney GC. It wouldn't work. I left.
Later wondering... If I add a $1 item to the purchase, will it work then? Will it take off the full $5? I don't want to make a trip if it won't work. Thanks!

I have a $5 off a purchase of $15+ coupon for Target. I went last night to use it on a $25 Disney GC. It wouldn't work. I left.
Later wondering... If I add a $1 item to the purchase, will it work then? Will it take off the full $5? I don't want to make a trip if it won't work. Thanks!

99.9% of the time it won't work. Once in a while something slips through the cracks but Target will catch on and shut it down. If it didn't work the first time it more than likely will not work by adding something else of value other than a gift card to the purchase.

The only risk of ordering online for in store pickup is it'll get cancelled. If the store doesn't have them, the store shouldn't show availability; and if the store does or should have them, but the employees "can't" find them or for whatever other reason, your order will get cancelled. When you place your order for in store pickup (don't forget 1% Ebates!), you'll receive an email with the subject, "We've received your order, but it's not quite ready," telling you to wait for another email notifying you your order is ready for pickup. Then, BB will send another email very quickly if your order is cancelled, or an email with the subject, "Your order is ready for pickup."

With all the PPDG/eBay specials recently, I've been redeeming a lot of BB GCs for Disney GCs by ordering online for delivery and in store pickup. (I prefer ordering on BB .com so I can use Ebates for 1% cash back compared to Shopkicks points that are worth 0.8/100 when redeemed for GCs. But then, time value of money). I ordered a bunch of Disney $50 GCs for delivery just about two weeks ago, and ordered another bunch of Disney $50 GCs for in store pickup two days ago (because $50s weren't available for delivery). Both orders went through without problems (I usually use only enough GCs to cover all but $5 or $10 that goes on my CC). I was also a little shocked that Disney $50 GCs weren't available for delivery, but seeing that $25s were, I think BB .com is just OOS on $50s. I'll be checking back occasionally.

P.S. I didn't notice anything different about my local BB store's GC selection. They still have Disney $25 and $50 GCs, restaurant, Netflix, iTunes, PSN, movie theater, gaming and gas cards, etc. No eBay (lol).
Thanks for that info and the reminder about ebates! I did an online order once a couple weeks ago and I ordered a mouse I needed. I'd rather not have to order an extra item if I don't have to. Do you order an extra item or dies your putting a few dollars in credit card take care if that? Also, is there a limit on the amount you can buy at a time, like 4 $50's or something like that? That five or ten dollars seems like it'd be hard to do if the cards are in 50's and 100's that I'd use to purchase and the cards are in 50's and 25's to order. Seems like it'd have to be a difference 25's, unless PPDG opens up cards again and I can get some tens so I can pay just under with the gc's. About how long does it take to get them when you have them shipped?

Thanks for that info and the reminder about ebates! I did an online order once a couple weeks ago and I ordered a mouse I needed. I'd rather not have to order an extra item if I don't have to. Do you order an extra item or dies your putting a few dollars in credit card take care if that? Also, is there a limit on the amount you can buy at a time, like 4 $50's or something like that? That five or ten dollars seems like it'd be hard to do if the cards are in 50's and 100's that I'd use to purchase and the cards are in 50's and 25's to order. Seems like it'd have to be a difference 25's, unless PPDG opens up cards again and I can get some tens so I can pay just under with the gc's. About how long does it take to get them when you have them shipped?
When I ordered the $25's last night there was a max of 5 per order. (It said per customer, but I was able to do two orders of five cards each. )

Not sure if this had ever been discussed but we just learned that Target employee discounts work on Disney giftcards. My friend we are traveling with ordered them online and it took the 10% off for their discount and then took the 5% off for the redcard.

Just wanted to tell others incase you have friends or family who may be willing to purchase for you.

Not sure if this had ever been discussed but we just learned that Target employee discounts work on Disney giftcards. My friend we are traveling with ordered them online and it took the 10% off for their discount and then took the 5% off for the redcard.

Just wanted to tell others incase you have friends or family who may be willing to purchase for you.

Pretty sure this is against store policy. Any purchase a Target employee makes should be paid for and used by the Target employee.

I am not sure what is up with Kroger, but they got my fuel points all wonky on my order...by giving me more than I expected. All I can figure is that I had the 4x coupon that expired today, and a 4x coupon for visa gift card, and maybe it did both, and gave me 6x or 8x for that part??? But that doesn't add up either lol. I got a $500 disney card, a $100 visa gift card, $50 in BWW (which gave me $5 off my groceries), $90 in other dining gift cards total of $740 in gift cards and the 5.95 activation fee) and $10 in groceries. I got 3206 fuel points. Weird. I'm tempted to go buy another $100 visa gift card to see if it gives me 6x....

Pretty sure this is against store policy. Any purchase a Target employee makes should be paid for and used by the Target employee.

Well then my message is to Target employees (since my friend didn't know it was available) We are going as a group with the Target employee so either way one of us was paying it off. Thankfully we broke no rules.

When I ordered the $25's last night there was a max of 5 per order. (It said per customer, but I was able to do two orders of five cards each. )

It's a limit of five cards per denomination per order. I've ordered way more than five cards of $50s over several orders in recent months, so it's not a hard limit against the lifetime of the customer. You can also order 5x $50 and 5x $25 in the same order.

It's a limit of five cards per denomination per order. I've ordered way more than five cards of $50s over several orders in recent months, so it's not a hard limit against the lifetime of the customer. You can also order 5x $50 and 5x $25 in the same order.
That's great, thanks! Now did either of you have to order something extra so it wouldn't cancel or did that putting a few dollars on a credit card take care of that? And, is cancelling something that happens more with in store pick up, or also with shipped orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter