• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great, thanks! Now did either of you have to order something extra so it wouldn't cancel or did that putting a few dollars on a credit card take care of that? And, is cancelling something that happens more with in store pick up, or also with shipped orders?
I first tried $125 in GC paying in full with GC and it was cancelled pretty quickly. I added batteries, that I needed anyway, and the order went through. I also added an item to the second order and paid for all but $5 of the order with GC and it went through.

The additional items on each order have shipped, but none of the GCs have shipped yet.

So, I wanted to see if my Kmart had any new gift cards in since I still had $500 in sears cards. They did! I got $200 in $25 Disney gift cards, nice since we will be there in 2 weeks and I am sure we will spend more now that they have the extra AP discount lol. While I was there, I popped into Kroger (same shopping center) and got 4 $100 visa gift cards for $423.80. I have no idea how, but I got 5088 fuel points...here's hoping they don't claw them back!

Does Kmart allow for Disney gift cards? Or is it a YMMV type thing? I have my ebay bucks to use and since it seems like Best buy and WAlgreens are out of stock is Kmart another option (if your store has Disney GC?) Just trying to figure out my redemption options!

Does Kmart allow for Disney gift cards? Or is it a YMMV type thing? I have my ebay bucks to use and since it seems like Best buy and WAlgreens are out of stock is Kmart another option (if your store has Disney GC?) Just trying to figure out my redemption options!

Definitely YMMV. I used to have no issues at my local Kmarts until a couple months ago. Now all 3 refuse to let me by gift cards with gift cards. As you can see, others have no problem at their local stores. The POS system will allow it (with physical, not e-gift cards) as long as you can get the cashier to try.

Definitely YMMV. I used to have no issues at my local Kmarts until a couple months ago. Now all 3 refuse to let me by gift cards with gift cards. As you can see, others have no problem at their local stores. The POS system will allow it (with physical, not e-gift cards) as long as you can get the cashier to try.
Thanks!!! I may try with a $25 one to see, if not I'm sure I can use that $25 Kmart gc on something else!

For those of you who buy Visa gift cards at Krogers or other groceries: do you have problems using those VIsa cards to buy gift cards? I am considering using them at Sams or Costco to buy Disney cards.

I was really expecting to see a huge drop in gift card sales on ebay (percentage off) since you no longer earn ebay bucks. Why would people buy a $100 target gift card for $100 if they aren't getting ebay bucks or ebates. Am I missing something?

I was really expecting to see a huge drop in gift card sales on ebay (percentage off) since you no longer earn ebay bucks. Why would people buy a $100 target gift card for $100 if they aren't getting ebay bucks or ebates. Am I missing something?

That may still happen. eBay does already feature sales on gift cards, pretty much weekly. We may see more of those because you're right, it doesn't make sense for most buyers to spend $100 cash (no more GC>GC after 10/13) that can be spent on anything else to tie up those funds in a $100 gift card that might also have a shipping fee without earning any eBucks or Ebates. The no-eBucks on GCs policy only took effect yesterday, 10/1. And right now, we're in a eBucks redemption month, so starting tomorrow buyers will have free eBay money that can still be used to buy full-priced gift cards.

That may still happen. eBay does already feature sales on gift cards, pretty much weekly. We may see more of those because you're right, it doesn't make sense for most buyers to spend $100 cash (no more GC>GC after 10/13) that can be spent on anything else to tie up those funds in a $100 gift card that might also have a shipping fee without earning any eBucks or Ebates. The no-eBucks on GCs policy only took effect yesterday, 10/1. And right now, we're in a eBucks redemption month, so starting tomorrow buyers will have free eBay money that can still be used to buy full-priced gift cards.
Maybe people didn't notice that the bucks were gone yet. I completely get the spending your earned ebay bucks on gift cards but we haven't received them yet. I was hoping the sales would plummet on day 1 of the new policy so ebay would see what a huge mistake they made. Oh well. Time will tell.

The only reason to buy GCs on ebay now is if they offer 10% or more off. Otherwise I don't see anyone buying GCs from eBay just to buy them.

No Ebates, no ebucks, and no GC to GC eliminates most of the eBay sales.

I'm guessing eBay will notice the decline in GC sales the next time they run a big ebucks deal. That is probably when the majority of churners bought their cards. I'm not sure they'll care though. It's apparently what they are trying to stop with all the new restrictions.

My ebay bucks certificate just showed up in my account. Spent them on a $100 Best Buy gift card. So sad to have my churning days ending, but relieved that PPDG restocked BB gift cards.

Mine too. Grabbed 3 x $100 BB GCs from PPDG and a $10 Target from Card Cash. Really glad BB came back in stock, since card cash was out of Target except for $10.

Thought I'd put this out there for those getting PP verifications (although I'm not even sure if it is still an issue like it used to be)...I have never had a PP verification despite buying tons of BB though PPDG, though I always put in all my coupons, GCs and ebucks first at the bottom of the page before going up top to choose PP as the payment option and sign in. For the first time ever, I chose PP payment option first and it immediately asked me to verify after signing in. I closed the page out without verifying, went to the bottom and did my ebucks first (as usual) and then tried the PP option again and it went through without asking for a verification. Not sure if choosing ebucks/putting in GCs first before choosing the PP payment option makes a difference or if it was pure coincidence.

Hi guys, I'm new to this and I understand rules are/have changed recently. I currently have enough points on Swagbucks to cash out for a $25 gift card. They don't have Disney gift cards available, but have eBay, Best Buy, Amazon, CVS, etc. I can either cash out for a $25 PayPal card for $25 in points or a $25 Best Buy, CVS, Ebay etc for $23 in points. What is the best way for me to turn these points into a Disney gift card?

Edited to add: if it matters, I do have a Target red debit card!

If you're intent is to convert it straight to a Disney GC then my recommendation based on the choices you listed there is Best Buy. They seem to be the store that most consistently allows GC to GC purchases.

Hi guys, I'm new to this and I understand rules are/have changed recently. I currently have enough points on Swagbucks to cash out for a $25 gift card. They don't have Disney gift cards available, but have eBay, Best Buy, Amazon, CVS, etc. I can either cash out for a $25 PayPal card for $25 in points or a $25 Best Buy, CVS, Ebay etc for $23 in points. What is the best way for me to turn these points into a Disney gift card?

I convert my first SB's gc to Target. I like Target b/c I can use self check-out. From the options you listed, I would do Target or Best Buy.

I first tried $125 in GC paying in full with GC and it was cancelled pretty quickly. I added batteries, that I needed anyway, and the order went through. I also added an item to the second order and paid for all but $5 of the order with GC and it went through.
The additional items on each order have shipped, but none of the GCs have shipped yet.
Thank you, lorijohnbill, I appreciate you responding! I think I may do the online ordering, to get that little extra bit of ebates, but it will take a bit with the $25 cards, lol. I'm hoping the $50's come back soon for shipping. But if I have to keep ordering something, not necessarily that I need now, that would negate the ebates anyway. Hmm, well, I'll see how it goes.

Maybe people didn't notice that the bucks were gone yet. I completely get the spending your earned ebay bucks on gift cards but we haven't received them yet. I was hoping the sales would plummet on day 1 of the new policy so ebay would see what a huge mistake they made. Oh well. Time will tell.
The only reason to buy GCs on ebay now is if they offer 10% or more off. Otherwise I don't see anyone buying GCs from eBay just to buy them.
Yep, I'm hoping they see a huge, huge decrease in sales! And I really don't see how they can't. I'm still a little bit hopeful that eventually things will change to our help us out a bit, lol, you never know, maybe they'll figure out something else while allowing ebucks or something else. Probably just a dream, but I can hope and don't thing I'm alone. Plus, I would think gc sellers can't be too happy either as this will tank their sales, as anyone buying will only be looking for a good 10% or better discount. Will have to keep eyes open to see how things pan out.

Mine too. Grabbed 3 x $100 BB GCs from PPDG and a $10 Target from Card Cash. Really glad BB came back in stock, since card cash was out of Target except for $10.

Thought I'd put this out there for those getting PP verifications (although I'm not even sure if it is still an issue like it used to be)...I have never had a PP verification despite buying tons of BB though PPDG, though I always put in all my coupons, GCs and ebucks first at the bottom of the page before going up top to choose PP as the payment option and sign in. For the first time ever, I chose PP payment option first and it immediately asked me to verify after signing in. I closed the page out without verifying, went to the bottom and did my ebucks first (as usual) and then tried the PP option again and it went through without asking for a verification. Not sure if choosing ebucks/putting in GCs first before choosing the PP payment option makes a difference or if it was pure coincidence.
Hmm, I always put in my gc's or ebucks first, then click paypal to sign in and still always have to verify most every time, occasionally not. Lucky for you that works so well!

So, wondering, is everyone going to buy right away, or are you going to hold out for any gc sales or promos(not ebucks promos)? Our ebucks are here, so I'm debating, but don't wanna run out of BB if I wait. Funny they suddenly come back in stock now! Woulda been nice for that last week's promo.

Well, I just spent my ebucks on Carnival Gift cards for my cruise next summer and now I am officially out of ebay churning. It's kind of a sad day, an end of an era. I started August, 2015 and have made a LOT of money from this which funded over 2k towards my Disney cruise/trip and 2k for my Carnival cruise. I'm hoping another avenue pops up, but I know it won't be as lucrative as the eBay avenue. I bought once or twice a year from eBay before I started buying gift cards, so my business will definitely drop.

I don't have a definitive plan to return to Disney, but my husband's family are pretty big Disney nuts, so I know it will happen sooner rather than later. My plan is to just turn my swagbucks into Disney gift cards to slowly build up my fund and maybe have a decent starter amount when a trip does get planned.

If you area member at Sams Warehouse, and you plan on staying with Swagbucks, I would get a Sams or WalMart Card. Sams sells sells 3 $50 Disney cards for 142.95 (or something like that.) When you have enough gift cards, you can exchange there. If that's not an option for you, then Paypal, Target or BB are your best options. Unless you have self checkout at your Target, you won't get a RED Card discount, but heck, it's still a free card.

We have a Those using Swagbucks thread here on DIS, which you might find helpful

I noticed that I didn't get any promotions last quarter until I spent my ebucks, so I'm going to dump mine as soon as it makes sense.

There are Best Buy cards on ebay right now through cardcash that are 1% off. That might be a good exit strategy for people with the right amount of ebucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter