Disney Dream: September 15, 2017 - 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (Halloween on the High Seas)

TheTikiHoovs

All the birds sing words and the flowers croon...
Hi Everyone!

We're The Tiki Hoovs from Philadelphia! We have, Mom Hoov (Me), Dad Hoov, and Baby Hoov (3 yrs old).

We (Mom and Dad) are going on our first Disney Cruise together and cannot wait to be sailing the high seas with Mickey and all of you! We would like to start this thread to meet/connect with other people on our cruise. We are also setting this page up for anyone who is interested in participating in the Fish Extender for this sailing.

With all that being said, I cannot wait to get more information and insight about DCL from New and Veteran DCL Cruisers.

I look forward to seeing you all on September 15th!

-The Tiki Hoovs

party:

Last edited:
Is anyone else traveling childless or has in the past?
I am curious what there is for us adults to get into while sailing childless :D

Thanks,

Mama Tiki Hoov

Last edited:
Welcome to the Meet & Greet and Fish Extender Group for the September 15th - 18th 2017 Disney Dream Cruise! If you'd like to join, please post the following information:

-- Cabin # (if you know it already)*** If GTY, please share that it is a GTY room and number to come
-- Family Name
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Favorite Colors for everyone listed
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies
-- Favorite Disney Character
-- Favorite Disney Movie

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

This Group will close August 16th, 2017 (30 days prior to sailing). This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, their gifts.

Guidelines for our fish extender:

1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person in that cabin or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.

2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Friday, September 15th until 4 PM on Sunday, September 17th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of September 18th.

3.Please include a tag with your cabin number on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from. (Ex. From Cabin 1234)

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:

1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number of cabins will be announced after our August 23rd sign up deadline.

2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay / Etsy by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search online other places. Some people also get a pocket hanger from Ikea to decorate and make their own.

3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.

4. Scissors / clippers to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.

5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

If anyone have any questions feel free to ask
Thanks!!!!!

**Be aware of the policy below** (no social media, no google docs, no email, no PM, no directions to sites etc...)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Last edited:
Hello! I'd like to join an FE group please! We are:

Millie (will be age 7, celebrating her birthday!)
Tammy (that's me! Mama to the precious, darlin' birthday girl)
Teresa (my sissy and auntie to precious darlin' Milliebug)

We have a GTY stateroom, but will post our number once we know it! We have no food allergies, although my sis is sugar-free. A few of our favorite things:

Millie- favorite princess is Ariel, fave colors are pink and purple, she loves all Disney movies, Star Wars, super hero girls....
Teresa- loves the Disney villians, fave princess is Belle, fave colors are red and black, loves all Disney movies but fave is Beauty and the Beast
Tammy- favorite princess is Rapunzel, favorite disney movies are Princess and the Frog and Zootopia, fave colors are pink and yellow:)

We are not traveling childness of course, but this is our 3rd year taking a Halloween on the High Seas cruise for Millie's birthday, and she loves the oceaneer clubs so my sis and I have had the opportunity to check out a few of the adulty things- we love the champagne bar and the spa!

Looking forward to our FE group!!!

Welcome aboard! and a very Happy Birthday to Millie. pirate::bday:

Ahoy All! DH and I are sailing on the 9.15.17 Disney Dream.
This is our very first cruise-
We are spending a few days in WDW first and I am still not sure how we will get to Port from our hotel. We are scheduled for DCL from hotel and back but I am thinking of taking bus to airport around 7 am and then taking 9:30 DCL bust from airport to PC. I want to ride the DCL bus but I want to get on the ship by 11:30 so I know I need to get there by 10.

I would love to do the FE-

Cabin : 12528
RICHARDSON FAMILY
Jon: Adult male. Fav. Character: Goofy Loves me and so he indulges my Love for Disney (so no real fav. Movie), colors : blue, gray, black-no Orange,yellow, red
Karen: adult female fav. Character: Ariel, fav. Movie : Tangled and Little Mermaid, I love any color.
No food allergies only allergy is to ibuprofen

We turned down a cabana since it is just the two of us. We plan to spend a lot of time exploring the ship and some at the adult beach. I ordered the romance package for 2, spa package, Palo brunch, cigars for DH - are there any other things I need to request? I think they put us in early dining but I may change that.

We hope to sign up for whiskey tasting or mixology class one day.

I look forward to meeting you

-Karen

Not in 12528 - moved to 12000. We will not be in this FE exchange, but I have extra items to pixie dust just post a list for me. Ty!

Last edited:
Welcome Aboard Richardson Family! pirate:

Oh my goodness, you will be down the hall from us! My Husband and I are staying in Cabin 12510. We are scheduled for dinner at Palo and have signed up for the beer tasting class and martini tasting. The only other thing we have scheduled is the Frozen meet and greet with Ana and Elsa (I'm a big Frozen fan). From the looks of it sounds like you both are going to have a blast. I'm sure we'll see ya' around for sure.
We can't wait to meet you! Always excited to meet other kidless travelers :D :yay:

- Mama Tiki Hoov

Hi! My best friend and I are considering to go on this cruise. We did a 4 night last December and it was a blast. I'm going to Alaska in 2018 with my family. We were planning a friend trip to F&WF but have decided a cruise sounds more relaxing again. I'll definitely sign up for FE after we book a room. We did it last year and an ornament exchange and it was so much fun.

We are both Disney nerds so we enjoyed the movies and characters but also the quiet adult pool, animation class, and Pink. We did one group mixology group which was lots of fun. Serenity Bay at Castaway was great.

Oh yeah, my name is Mandy and my friend's name is Rachel. Hopefully I'll be back soon with room information!

Hey Mandy!

Hope to see you aboard :sail:
Thanks! We are booked in 7638 and hopefully bringing one extra friend along. We are so excited to be cruising again!

ETA: our friend can't make it so it's just two of us:
Rachel - adult female; favorite characters: Mickey & Stitch; favorite movies: Lilo & Stitch, Sleeping Beauty; favorite color: pink
Mandy - adult female; favorite characters: Ariel, Rapunzel; favorite movies: The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lion King, Jungle Book; favorite color: red
No allergies.
Just celebrating being best friends for more than 20 years and our love of Disney.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

This is our first Disney Cruise. We usually do the MNSSHP and thought we would do something different this year. So excited for this cruise!!

We would like to also participate in the FE.

Suzette, Adult Female, Favorite Character: Figment & Mickey - Favorite Movie, Fantasia - Favorite Color: Red
Bill, Adult Male - Favorite Character: Buzz Lightyear - Favorite Movie: Toy Story - Favorite Color - Blue
Cabin 9030
Celebrating our 17th anniversary on 9/17
Allergy to Tree Nuts

Looking forward to it all!

Hi Everyone!

This is our first Disney Cruise. We usually do the MNSSHP and thought we would do something different this year. So excited for this cruise!!

Suzette, Adult Female, Favorite Character: Figment & Mickey - Favorite Movie, Fantasia - Favorite Color: Red
Bill, Adult Male - Favorite Character: Buzz Lightyear - Favorite Movie: Toy Story - Favorite Color - Blue
Cabin 9030
Allergy to Tree Nuts

Welcome aboard :sail: and congrats on your anniversary!

Welcome Aboard and Happy Anniversary!

See you on the ship. pirate:

Hi Everyone!

Cabin 9030
Allergy to Tree Nuts

Hey, everyone! :sail:

I will create a FE exchange list with everyone's details and PM y'all on August 16th.

The cruise is getting so close now! I am so excited as I am sure you all are :D

-MamaTikiHoov :dogdance:

Thanks for doing that!

It's my pleasure!
Seems like we're going to have a small FE group. Hopefully, we'll get a couple more people to join before I close the FE for this sailing.
On the bright side, at least a small FE group means more luggage space. :rotfl2: Lord knows my bag is already going to be stuffed!

- MTH :mickeybar

It's my pleasure!
Seems like we're going to have a small FE group. Hopefully, we'll get a couple more people to join before I close the FE for this sailing.
On the bright side, at least a small FE group means more luggage space. :rotfl2: Lord knows my bag is already going to be stuffed!

- MTH :mickeybar
Thanks again! I can't wait for the cruise and to start FEs! I have ideas, now it's time to decide and execute said ideas. :yay:

Hi Everyone. We are the Hicks family and we would like to participate in the fish extenders exchange. Below is our information:

-- Cabin # 7102
-- Hicks
-- Anaiya (G-11), Aliya (G-10), Kaden (B-4)
-- Kaden's birthday is in November so it's a early birthday gift
-- No food allergies
-- The girls love the Descendants characters. Kaden loves Lightening McQueen, well pretty much all characters.
-- They love all things Disney

Hope to meet you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter