Disboards Crop Feb 4, 2011

BAMB, hope your daughter feels better real soon.

thanks. I'll keep everyone posted.

She gave it up now. DH and I were upset because we loved it!! But, it is really hard on the wallet! Classes were $100 a month, shoes were $90 for soft and $150 for hard, dress with class design (for parades and festivals) was $800 and special dresses for competitions were $1000-$3000. Oh, and the hair...another $80 plus the crown...$25. Yikes!! But, watching your daughter dance at Raglan Road...PRICELESS!!! LOL

nicurn's DD is in the feis's, she's really good too. But she's told me how expensive it is. DH wanted DD to get into it til I told him the cost. LOL

She gave it up now. DH and I were upset because we loved it!! But, it is really hard on the wallet! Classes were $100 a month, shoes were $90 for soft and $150 for hard, dress with class design (for parades and festivals) was $800 and special dresses for competitions were $1000-$3000. Oh, and the hair...another $80 plus the crown...$25. Yikes!! But, watching your daughter dance at Raglan Road...PRICELESS!!! LOL

oh yeah, alot of hand stichting on those dresses
I just wanted a DVD & teach myself

I would love to see that myself but then I dont have a daughter & not chancing having another child (2 austic is enough)

I had no idea Irish dancing was so expensive but your right- it is priceless to see them somewhere like Raglin Road doing what they love.

Rebecca

And I thought music was expensive! We only pay $450 a year for marching band, $400 a year for youth symphony; $300 per month for voice lessons; $200 per month for oboe lessons; piano is free (thanks grandma)

One of the classes Julia takes is a soft shoe Irish step, she has been taking it for the past 6 years and now wants to give it up. I am really disappointed but she is starting to branch out into new things. I am not going to miss all the costs for her dance though!

tags

Only 2 words left to pull. I am going to type up a list of the ones I have called in case someone has missed a couple.

Rebecca

Here was the drink list (mine...don't remember DH's):

Mexico - Pina Colada (inside bar)

Norway - Bailey's coffee

China - frozen peach tea concoction...to die for!!

Germany - beer...don't remember what kind?

Japan - beer - Kirin?

Italy - Belini - awesome!

Moracco - Mimosa

France - grand marnier slushie of course!!

UK - HARP!!!

Canada - Moosehead

Oh...and a Sam Adams in USA

But, as lovely as those drinks were, I would definitely suggest a trip to the Poly lounge and a Lapu Lapu!! So good! And the bartenders were so fun! And, the apps are great, too!!

Called Bingo words:
Painting
Tearing
Folding
Inking
Altered Letters
Sanding
Borders
Stitching
Pockets
Paper Piercing
Coloring
Diecuts
Paper Piecing
Distressing
Tags
Emboss
Frames
Deboss

Reddy my four year old son was diagnosed with autism too. Later after blood work came back it showed it was actually fragile x. The two have very similar characteristics.

Here was the drink list (mine...don't remember DH's):

Mexico - Pina Colada (inside bar)don't like coconut

Norway - Bailey's coffeelove this

China - frozen peach tea concoction...to die for!! yummy

Germany - beer...don't remember what kind?eh

Japan - beer - Kirin?eh

Italy - Belini - awesome! yummo
Moracco - Mimosa LOVE

France - grand marnier slushie of course!!the best

UK - HARP!!!like

Canada - Mooseheadeh

Oh...and a Sam Adams in USAlike

But, as lovely as those drinks were, I would definitely suggest a trip to the Poly lounge and a Lapu Lapu!! So good! And the bartenders were so fun! And, the apps are great, too!!
what does the Lapu Lapu have in it...we are going to O'hanas for dinner

Reddy my four year old son was diagnosed with autism too. Later after blood work came back it showed it was actually fragile x. The two have very similar characteristics.

I had that checked - also mercury posioning (that is almost the same)

question for you - when someone says turn left - do you have to stop & think which way is left?? 2 seconds or more??

question for you - when someone says turn left - do you have to stop & think which way is left?? 2 seconds or more??

I don't know my left from my right- does that mean something for children?

Rebecca

I had that checked - also mercury posioning (that is almost the same)

No I don't believe so, I pretty good with direction but I have several directionally challenged people in my family.

my nephew has Aspergers...they didn't know what he had until he was almost 9, but has done very well with his special ed classes, is in 9th grade and getting mostly b's and is getting more talkative and friendly to people as he gets older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter