DISappearing Peeps meets

We have an early flight too - 7 am. I am SO not a morning person, but I really wanted a non-stop flight. I'll probably have better luck if I just stay up all night or accept that I'll probably only sleep a couple hours :scared: Just like in that Disney commercial :rolleyes:

We are going to a smallish airport so parking isn't nearly as expensive as Detroit Metro. I timed the drive earlier this summer - an hour and a quarter. The closest airport has no non-stop flights. I am never changing planes at Atlanta again if I can help it. No offense to any Georgians!

changing planes is a pain!!

Today I took dd to woodfield mall - and made a stop at the Doorway to Dreams - I didnt want to be intrusive, but dd needed to look for hidden mickey's and remember disney!!

the guide was so nice - I told her I didnt want to take up her time, dd was nervous about a plane ride - so I just wanted to sneak in and show her the rugs, bedspread, curtain, and of course that tub!! :rotfl: She said, hold on, I want to give you something, I told her I was there at the opening, and it was ok - she said, no, I want to give you a bit of pixie dust! :goodvibes so she gave us a door hangar, more of the white doorway to dreams pins, she gave us 4, so she said to trade them with cm's when we get there!! and some luggage tags!!

dd asked for a webkinz - and I gave her the look - and she gave me one eye batting one back!! :rotfl2: we were at Hallmark, and I found a music card - Tink was on the cover... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: open it, what do you hear? :rotfl2: YOU Guessed it - "you can fly, you can fly, you can fly" :rotfl2: so again, I said... "plane?" she said " mom, I dont have a choice do i?"

so its still looking good -

tomorrow we start packing!

THIS TIME NEXT WEEK...

:cool1: I'mm going to pack today... I cant wait, I cant wait, I cant wait!!

My head is spinning with things I should know, things I should print out, things I dont want to forget... I was reading more articles from TGM - and dd was peering over my shoulder... "so THAT's how you know what to do!" :rotfl2: "no wonder you're on the computer, that's a lot of reading, how do you remember it all?" :rotfl2:

which reminds me I'm going to put a thread for LOEMH - dance and lex want you to see it, I'm very confused!! Which isnt surprising given my lack of sleep!!

I bought an over the door shoe type bag from IKEA, and 2 space bags - now I'm thinking I should have more space bags - it was good last year to throw all our dirty clothes in 2 bags - :rotfl2:

I posted on another thread about a poster on some forum at the dis that her bags were soaked from a 6 hour storm at MCO - due to lightening the people left, and the bags stayed out there :scared1: someone else said it happened to them - in all my trips, it hasnt happened to me!! Apparently when you get your soaking wet bags you must make a claim right there - you have 3 hours to do this!! which led to one poster say "now I always pack my stuff inside a garbage bag!! OK, note to self, pack garbage bags... :rotfl2:

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!! :cool1:

I'll be awaking to my first cup of fresh brewed coffee and enjoying the sunrise at POR. Then I will go back in our hotel room and being yelling at my kids to WAKE UP and GET DRESSED! Oh, joy! ;)

Punkin
....My favorite part of TGM is the best days calendar and the sample park tours which worked LIKE A CHARM for us last year. They are spot on and save a lot of backtracking. Just subtract anything you DON'T want to do and it's smooth sailing. I also like the best views articles and the hidden spots article which I think is in the "romantic planning". There is A LOT of information there.

I need to get out the suitcases! It's not the packing that's a pain....it's the making sure all the clothes are clean! AHHHHH!

She said, hold on, I want to give you something, I told her I was there at the opening, and it was ok - she said, no, I want to give you a bit of pixie dust! :goodvibes so she gave us a door hangar, more of the white doorway to dreams pins, she gave us 4, so she said to trade them with cm's when we get there!! and some luggage tags!!
so its still looking good -

tomorrow we start packing!
I am so jealous of your free gifts...but if they are helping get your DD excited then I guess I wont be jealous too long! I dont want to get a call on Friday saying ou guys got kicked off an airplane :rotfl:

which reminds me I'm going to put a thread for LOEMH - dance and lex want you to see it, I'm very confused!! Which isnt surprising given my lack of sleep!!

I posted on another thread about a poster on some forum at the dis that her bags were soaked from a 6 hour storm at MCO - due to lightening the people left, and the bags stayed out there :scared1: someone else said it happened to them - in all my trips, it hasnt happened to me!! Apparently when you get your soaking wet bags you must make a claim right there - you have 3 hours to do this!! which led to one poster say "now I always pack my stuff inside a garbage bag!! OK, note to self, pack garbage bags... :rotfl2:

Thanks for the space bag reminder. I would be so mad if all my stuff was soaked when we got there. I pack all of Amandas stuff in ziplocs so her stuff is ok, one bag for each day....underwear, hair bow and all. That way all I have to do is grab a bag and she is good to go. And I also then have tons of ziplocs for either dirty clothes or other junk I collect through the trip. They also seem to work as 'white trash space bags' if you squeeze all the air out of them, making packing super easy for her. (FYI, trash bags work the same way...you can vacuum the air out of those and close them tightly with a rubberband. Voila! Space bag!)

I have scheduled LOEMH for sunday morning, then plan to hop elsewhere for the day....probably epcot or MGM. Depnds on what I figure out this week. Either way, I would love to meet up with anyone who wants to go that day. I am most excited to see the cool character interaction they have those mornings.

Also, if there is anyone going to be at the MK on Sat and would like to meet up for a while....I really want to ride the re-vamped HM, and I know DD should not ride that based on what I have read about some of the changes making it a bit spookier. No sense giving her nightmares just so I can ride it, you know? Anyhow, I am hoping to find a peep who would be willing to help me with DD so I can maybe ride it. Any takers????

I need to get out the suitcases! It's not the packing that's a pain....it's the making sure all the clothes are clean! AHHHHH!

No kidding! I plan on doing the laundry today and wearing my 'last choice' clothes this week...which should be especially fun since I have so few things that fit me right now. I hate having to do laundry last minute though. I have been sewing cutom stuff for DD for 3 weeks, so her stuff is all set.

i guess that's the problem - i haven't weeded through all the info! i've just looked at the least busy days, etc. how do you get to all that information about attraction info? i've tried to find it, but can't. i realize he has a lot of info, but to me his website is confusing and there's just TOO MUCH STUFF on one page.....i don't know where to click!!! :laughing: he's good about explaining, i.e., "first start here, then read this, then go here and read this." but most of the time it's just very tedious stuff to read and i'm like, nevermind.....i'll do it later!

Wish I could tell you how to find it, but I cant rememeber where I clicked! I think it is inside each park. (In your AVP there should be a place that says My magic Kingdom, My MGM.....and if you click that link all the stuff related to that park is there.) From there I am not much help I dont think. I just know I found it, cant remember how. I did follow his site tour all the way through when I got it last sept so I am sure that is part of why I find it easy to navigate.

I know, Jen! I hate laundry!

And four of the five people in my household are ADULT-SIZED which makes it even harder!

I'm giving the girls their suitcases today.

hey, you're chatting w/o me!! :rotfl2:

dd is still sleeping, I decided to make sunday bkfst - Dutch Baby!! :cool1:

:faint: Dance, you just named my biggest fear - so yeah, I'll call you when the plane lands!! :wizard: pixiedust:

Saturday??? 22nd? I think we're planning on MK that day - I'll check, but I'm thinking dd would love to sit it out and watch your dd, but then I dont know, I told her its scarier - she may surprise me and want to ride - too bad there isnt a baby swap there (or is there?)

Sunday Morning show has Bobby Flay and bacon... quality bacon :faint:

I forgot something... I was going to get it at Target, but I havve no idea wht... :rotfl2:

oh and Punkin, I'm angelmum3 on tgm - dont ask, its really not an identiy crisis, just a confused me trying to come up with a disney name for here - that I hate!! couldnt keep it there!! I copied an article I'd never seen before that's totally helpful for me!!

:faint: Dance, you just named my biggest fear - so yeah, I'll call you when the plane lands!! :wizard: pixiedust:

Saturday??? 22nd? I think we're planning on MK that day - I'll check, but I'm thinking dd would love to sit it out and watch your dd, but then I dont know, I told her its scarier - she may surprise me and want to ride - too bad there isnt a baby swap there (or is there?)
I will be there before you I think, so I will be waiting for your HAPPY call. We land at 9:45 I think.

I think HM does have a child swap. I thnk just about everything does actually. We will be there all day that day. Amanda has a BBB appt in the castle at 8 am :goodvibes I hope to take a break around 12:30-1 if we can and then head back by about 3 or 4.

Punkin....My favorite part of TGM is the best days calendar and the sample park tours which worked LIKE A CHARM for us last year. They are spot on and save a lot of backtracking. Just subtract anything you DON'T want to do and it's smooth sailing. I also like the best views articles and the hidden spots article which I think is in the "romantic planning". There is A LOT of information there.

Wish I could tell you how to find it, but I cant rememeber where I clicked! I think it is inside each park. (In your AVP there should be a place that says My magic Kingdom, My MGM.....and if you click that link all the stuff related to that park is there.) From there I am not much help I dont think. I just know I found it, cant remember how. I did follow his site tour all the way through when I got it last sept so I am sure that is part of why I find it easy to navigate.

i just went there and read the blurb about the little link where there's a clock and you click on that and he gives you recommended touring info for your selected attractions. thanks, guys!!! i'm gonna make a rough plan for us, but if we deviate it's not a big deal. since it's 3 adults it's not like we have to be on a strict schedule or anything!

tara - is that cool with you? like i said, we don't have to stick to it hardcore....just something to kind of go by since we're trying to get this all done in 2.5 days! :eek:

Also, if there is anyone going to be at the MK on Sat and would like to meet up for a while....I really want to ride the re-vamped HM, and I know DD should not ride that based on what I have read about some of the changes making it a bit spookier. No sense giving her nightmares just so I can ride it, you know? Anyhow, I am hoping to find a peep who would be willing to help me with DD so I can maybe ride it. Any takers????

since i'm taking my friend for her 30th birthday, i don't want to volunteer us because we'll probably be running around MK like MAD because we only have 1 day to get it done! and she's NEVER been......:scared1: hopefully sandy's daughter can help you guys out!

The over the door shoe bags are fantastic especially when you are traveling with little ones. We had one last year when we traveled with all the girls. It was a great place to keep toothpaste, sunscreen, hair supplies, etc. and everyone could find what they needed without having a find a place to keep it.

I hear you on the laundry! There are seven of us so laundry is an ongoing battle. I was completely caught up on laundry on 9/3 before we left. Then we were gone until 9/8 during which time none of the girls who stayed at the house with grandma did a single load of laundry. One of the other girls came home with her laundry done (thank you SIL!) and the other one came home with dirty clothes. The first three days we were home we had four different medical issues between two of the girls and my grandmother. I just started doing laundry this weekend (nearly two weeks have lapsed). Needless to say I have alot of laundry. Thankfully I have a pretty high capacity washer (a must with a large family) and I am making good progress. I think my tonight we should be caught up again! Then I will just have to keep up this week before the packing begins again.

Last edited by dance2874 : Today at 08:36 AM. Reason: Sandy- which TGM article? Now you have me wondering what I missed, lol!

lol I'm running around figuring stuff out - I was reading the thread on the touring forum about Mike not updating - suddenly people were posting links - that was very helpful, the one I quoted was from summer touring...

just keep in mind, with full resorts, last week of free dining, start of food and wine fest, MNSSHP - it will be crowded, hot, and probably stormy if those tropical storms are any indication!

Youre CST time too arent you Jen? We leave at 6:30 am, I was checking United flights, and there are 2 that leave the same time - one has to pick up people in Pennsylvania before going down to MCO - all the flights I was checking that day were completely full!! :scared1:

Pam thanks for that, I'm not sure if I should've spent money on that or not!! I think there is less room in the value (we're used to POR, Poly, WL, BWV...) I figure it wont take much space... it was only $4 and has a hanger for a hook,

Last edited by dance2874 : Today at 08:36 AM. Reason: Sandy- which TGM article? Now you have me wondering what I missed, lol!

lol I'm running around figuring stuff out - I was reading the thread on the touring forum about Mike not updating - suddenly people were posting links - that was very helpful, the one I quoted was from summer touring...

Youre CST time too arent you Jen? We leave at 6:30 am, I was checking United flights, and there are 2 that leave the same time - one has to pick up people in Pennsylvania before going down to MCO - all the flights I was checking that day were completely full!! :scared1:

HA! I was just reading that thread and found that article before I came and saw this. It was really good!

I am CST too. We have a direct flight (thankfully) and I was at least able to select our seats as of last weekend. In the past they werent showing any available seats even after I had purchased the tickets.

What's the word on Bounceback?

I'm now wanting to bounceback!!! :rotfl2: nothing better to help with the depression after a trip than to plan another!! I read that the deluxe plan is $30 a day - you get 3 TS meals a day! but then you have to pay the gratutiy on all that food, I'm thinking they'll let us pick an app or dessert by next year!! (wishful thinking that - but lots of people are complaining)

Dance, my hubby and I also will be going to the MK on Saturday after check-in, etc.

Our flight will be arriving at about the same time as yours. If you are taking Magical Express, keep an eye out for a very Pooh-sized, 50-something couple.

We'll be in the Pop line :)

What's the word on Bounceback?

I'm now wanting to bounceback!!! :rotfl2: nothing better to help with the depression after a trip than to plan another!! I read that the deluxe plan is $30 a day - you get 3 TS meals a day! but then you have to pay the gratutiy on all that food, I'm thinking they'll let us pick an app or dessert by next year!! (wishful thinking that - but lots of people are complaining)

I actually read that the Deluxe DDP is either $68 or $78 a day/pp :confused3

PEEPS!!!!!!! do you guys realize that one week from this very minute we'll be sitting at ohana's together????? (or at least those of us that have arrived will be.) how exciting!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter