DISappearing Peeps meets

Good idea PamRob - I'm on a photopass share CD thru tgm - should've thought that one better!!

OFF KILTER :cool1: you betcha :thumbsup2 just hope its not too hot out

someone posted on the theme park forum the crowds for Haunted Mansion!! :faint: be prepared, no matter what anyone posts, it will be crowded our week - the resorts are full, the restaurants are full, the parks, will be full - just have a plan, and you wont notice the crowds!! (learn from my first Sept trip and all the "low crowds in Sept" bunk - I nearly had a horrible vacation thinking, this is not low crowds, 25 min in a FP line at Big thunder - it was amazing - seemed like an hour line - so I started timing it - Disney does know how to move crowds of people!! :cool1:

firgot to add -

BLOW THE HURRICANE UP THE ATLANTIC PEEPS - - all together huff and puff!! (is it ingrid?)

I think if you've looked the crowd calendars or TGM you might be better off then those who don't do any advance planning. We were there the first week of the month and I have seen posts about how horrible the crowds were. We had no problems and walked on most rides. The early part of the day was definitely the most productive. We did notice some longer waits times midafternoon but nothing over 30 min.

I've started a trip report if you're interested.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20797062#post20797062

:rockband:

I just scheduled a GF photo session for my dd while we're there. I preordered the photopass so there's no charge so I figured why not? We've never purchased the photopass CD before but with 2 trips this month I think it will be fun to have.

Have you guys considered doing a group photopass share? Then everyone could have a CD and share the $99 prepaid cost. We are part of a group on the budget board.
I am part of one on TGM too. My share was only about $25 so it will be well worth that for the GF phot shoot alone I htink.

I think if you've looked the crowd calendars or TGM you might be better off then those who don't do any advance planning. We were there the first week of the month and I have seen posts about how horrible the crowds were. We had no problems and walked on most rides. The early part of the day was definitely the most productive. We did notice some longer waits times midafternoon but nothing over 30 min.

I've started a trip report if you're interested.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20797062#post20797062

:rockband:
I completely agree. We used TGM last year and had virtually no lines. I remember coming back and reading TRs for the same time period thinking how lucky I was to have used TGM.

I completely agree. We used TGM last year and had virtually no lines. I remember coming back and reading TRs for the same time period thinking how lucky I was to have used TGM.

i don't think i'm "using" TGM correctly! the only thing i've gotten out of it is "don't go here this day but do go here this day." am i missing something because i want to get my money's worth! granted we're only going for 2.5 days and i'm sure it will be much more useful for my april trip since we're staying longer.

i don't think i'm "using" TGM correctly! the only thing i've gotten out of it is "don't go here this day but do go here this day." am i missing something because i want to get my money's worth! granted we're only going for 2.5 days and i'm sure it will be much more useful for my april trip since we're staying longer.

I used TGM last year and kind of felt the same way. If you read the disboards and other information I think you can find alot of tips and tricks yourself. I generally buy the Unofficial Guide every couple of years and read through it for entertainment and information. You can also use their website for crowd level guides which I do find informative and have been pretty good indicators the times we have visited.

OK Peeps. I need a little help please. DH is frustrating me and doesn't "get" what I mean about adding the Grand Gathering number to our ressies. What number is it that we need to call? Is it central reservations? I'm going to do it tomorrow if he doesn't get it done today. He keeps thinking it has something to do with out dinner ressies for Kona on the 28th. Not exactly dear! :rolleyes:

SO, he called and is confused by what they were telling him about the ressies for that night. Could someone PM me and tell me if we are in separate groups or one big group that night and whose name it is under? I know that originally Melinda made an ADR for us, but I wanted to be sure I know which one is us. (Maybe that will help DH's confusion.) I didn't know if Christine made a big ressie for everyone that night, or if we still had individual ressies.

Lynda.........I originally had an ADR at Kona that night for just my family of five. When I found out that you were going to be there, I made a separate ADR for a party of 9. So I am holding 2 separate ADRs at Kona that night for a total of 14...that's you and Josh (2), Utah family (6), and my family (5)....hey, there's room for one more! I think I'll call and see if they can put those two together.

Anyway, Christine and Sandy made their own ADRs and someone was told that if we want to sit together, we should just arrive a half hour early and let the hostesses know. I think we are a grand total of 19 that night.

Correct?

RE: DIS meet for Hallowishes....someone asked me about this over at the nebo thread. Should we just say meet at the Poly pool bar around 9ish? I think the fireworks are at 9:30.

Lynda.........I originally had an ADR at Kona that night for just my family of five. When I found out that you were going to be there, I made a separate ADR for a party of 9. So I am holding 2 separate ADRs at Kona that night for a total of 14...that's you and Josh (2), Utah family (6), and my family (5)....hey, there's room for one more! I think I'll call and see if they can put those two together.

Anyway, Christine and Sandy made their own ADRs and someone was told that if we want to sit together, we should just arrive a half hour early and let the hostesses know. I think we are a grand total of 19 that night.

Correct?

RE: DIS meet for Hallowishes....someone asked me about this over at the nebo thread. Should we just say meet at the Poly pool bar around 9ish? I think the fireworks are at 9:30.

THANK YOU! And DH just called and said that the ressies weren't linked to the Grand Gathering number, but that they linked them and that when the first person checked in, they would put the tables as close together as possible. And he successfully added the Grand Gathering number to our ressies! (Now, that wasn't that hard, was it? :laughing: Men!)

Poly pool bar is fine with me Melinda! Can't wait! :)

Those charts are great, but also the recommended times for the attractions. He has touring plans and tells specific times of day to try to hit each attraction so you can make your own plans. For example, he will recommend certain attractions before others to minimze lines or he will tell you certain attractions that are slower in the afternoons....etc. He has good recommendations for paths to use other people dont know about, or lesser known viewing spots for parades and fireworks. It takes a LONG time to weed through all the info on his site to get the most from it.

You can get some of that info elsewhere but I have found his info to be better than the unofficial guide. (I got both last fall and I found his info to be a bit better, at least for us)

Can you tell me the benefits of adding the grand gathering to our reservations? My DD and I won't be there in time for the Kona dinner so it didn't know if was important to have the number added or not.

Those charts are great, but also the recommended times for the attractions. He has touring plans and tells specific times of day to try to hit each attraction so you can make your own plans. For example, he will recommend certain attractions before others to minimze lines or he will tell you certain attractions that are slower in the afternoons....etc. He has good recommendations for paths to use other people dont know about, or lesser known viewing spots for parades and fireworks. It takes a LONG time to weed through all the info on his site to get the most from it.

You can get some of that info elsewhere but I have found his info to be better than the unofficial guide. (I got both last fall and I found his info to be a bit better, at least for us)

i guess that's the problem - i haven't weeded through all the info! i've just looked at the least busy days, etc. how do you get to all that information about attraction info? i've tried to find it, but can't. i realize he has a lot of info, but to me his website is confusing and there's just TOO MUCH STUFF on one page.....i don't know where to click!!! :laughing: he's good about explaining, i.e., "first start here, then read this, then go here and read this." but most of the time it's just very tedious stuff to read and i'm like, nevermind.....i'll do it later!

Just thought I'd come and say have a great Peep Meet guys I can remember when you all decided to meet and it's just flown by. Have fun, it's so great to meet other DISser's :goodvibes

OK Peeps. I need a little help please. DH is frustrating me and doesn't "get" what I mean about adding the Grand Gathering number to our ressies. What number is it that we need to call? Is it central reservations? I'm going to do it tomorrow if he doesn't get it done today. He keeps thinking it has something to do with out dinner ressies for Kona on the 28th. Not exactly dear! :rolleyes:

SO, he called and is confused by what they were telling him about the ressies for that night. Could someone PM me and tell me if we are in separate groups or one big group that night and whose name it is under? I know that originally Melinda made an ADR for us, but I wanted to be sure I know which one is us. (Maybe that will help DH's confusion.) I didn't know if Christine made a big ressie for everyone that night, or if we still had individual ressies.

Yes everything you were told afte this post is right.. if the grand gathering number is linked to ur ressie they'll sit us close to each other and Kona is the only ressie that was separate Ohana's was one big one...

Poly for Hallowishes I totally forgot about that... is that another Peep thing?

Yes everything you were told afte this post is right.. if the grand gathering number is linked to ur ressie they'll sit us close to each other and Kona is the only ressie that was separate Ohana's was one big one...

i know i'm just being paranoid, but i thought i would ask to be safe. as far as the peep meet at ohana's on 9/23, aries has taken care of that, right? because i haven't called and made any sort of reservation or anything for that dinner. i hope that's right! i didn't attach the grand gathering info to any of our other ADRs since we're only there for 2.5 days.....it wouldn't have mattered anyway!

i know i'm just being paranoid, but i thought i would ask to be safe. as far as the peep meet at ohana's on 9/23, aries has taken care of that, right? because i haven't called and made any sort of reservation or anything for that dinner. i hope that's right! i didn't attach the grand gathering info to any of our other ADRs since we're only there for 2.5 days.....it wouldn't have mattered anyway!

Dont worry about ohana's i got that taken care of for all of us

I am also thinking that those of us at Pop who have the GG number linked to our ressies may be put in the same part of the hotel.

Aries, the Hallowishes meet at the Poly is for the people who hang out on the Nebo Trip Report, some of whom are Peeps or Meeps (from the MOOvin' Along thread on the CB).

:cool1: I'm so excited :cool1:

Thanks Aries for the GG and the Ohana!!

I bought dh some piratey stuff!! Pirate bandana, eye patch, boot topper thingys....

I'm not buying anything - I have a rennaisance red dressy costumey non descript - I'll fit in this year!!

I priced options for getting us to the airport for a flight that leaves at 6:20AM :faint: and arrives in MCO at 10 :cool1: I called the taxi companies - $50 each way (then theres a tip) drive and park for 9 days $90, stay in a hotel Thurs and leave our car there $90 - dh isnt sure he can leave early enough on Thurs tho... I'm thinking we need to leave here around 3:45 AM get to the airport around 4:15 - 2 hours should be fine for those first flights... no rain, no rain, please, please, no rain!!

Our last trip was early. Fortunately the airport isn't super busy and the lines are usually too long. I think we left for the airport around 4:30 am. We found an off airport long term parking that was $7.95 a day and had a 10% off coupon. They had great transportation service between the lot and the airport. I only considered staying at a hotel close - maybe you could sleep a bit later.

I priced options for getting us to the airport for a flight that leaves at 6:20AM :faint: and arrives in MCO at 10 :cool1: I called the taxi companies - $50 each way (then theres a tip) drive and park for 9 days $90, stay in a hotel Thurs and leave our car there $90 - dh isnt sure he can leave early enough on Thurs tho... I'm thinking we need to leave here around 3:45 AM get to the airport around 4:15 - 2 hours should be fine for those first flights... no rain, no rain, please, please, no rain!!
We leave at 6:15am and arrive at about 9:45 I believe. The good part is getting there to enjoy a full day. The bad part....getting up at 4 to be there in time to catch the flight! DH is less than thrilled to take us to the airport at that hour, especially since he isnt even going on the trip :rotfl:

Our last trip was early. Fortunately the airport isn't super busy and the lines are usually too long. I think we left for the airport around 4:30 am. We found an off airport long term parking that was $7.95 a day and had a 10% off coupon. They had great transportation service between the lot and the airport. I only considered staying at a hotel close - maybe you could sleep a bit later.

I think they do have one of those services at Ohare - I'll have to look - thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter