DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #6 (5/21 - 5/27)

12064Jack_Sparrow_Smaller.JPG

Credits- all papers and embellishments are from shabbyprincess.com, mostly the Dinner Party and Shabby Fall kits, except the bird which is a CM shape cut out from Shabby Princess paper.

and I have to be honest....I don't really have a favorite character (besides the ones in my sig- and if I had taken photos of it, my dh who was "That Guy" at the Laugh Floor when we visited it the first time...) but I have to say that Jack Sparrow is *one* of my favorites, particularly the guy who played him the day I took the photo because he plays the part perfectly!

Here is my entry for the challenge. Thanks for hosting. I love all of the amazing entries so far... and all of the CUTE pics with the characters.

This is of my favorite character GOOFY with my two kids.

CREDITS:

Brit Pop Alpha (freebie from Digi Free – unknown designer)
TP Kit Alpha (Stacy’s Back door designs)
Autumn Fall Kit 1 – (recovered) frame (Shabby Princess, Kirstie)
Let’s Polka (Andi Lynn Designs)
Happiest Kit on Earth (Britt-ish Designs)
Boy Oh Boy KIT (unknown designer from my pre-DIS days –SORRY!)
Butterfly Kisses (Happy Scrap Girl)
Goofy is so funny. Great pictures with your kids. I liked how you used both patterned papers. The color scheme is great. And i liked how you did your title. Great job! Thank you for participating. :)

I finally neglected enough laundry to get this one done :) We all love Lilo - so here she is:

Credits:

staple and curled up paper - Ellie Lash Designs, Luke

black Mickey icon paper and black Mickey icon button - Britt-ish Designs, Mouse in the House (couldn't get through a Disney page without at least a little Britt)

Lilo dress background - Husband with scissors and a scanner - he used to make me paper piecings for my traditional scrapbooks before all the Jolee's were released

hibiscus lei frames - a picture of one flower recolored and copied and pasted over and over and over...

Yzerbear19 - Thanks for hosting the challenge - you are doing a great job!

You're welcome. :) WOW! I love the lei frames! Those are a great touch. The picture with your girls is so cute. Lilo is another one of my favorite characters. I also like how you did your journaling. Very cute. Super job! Thank you for participating. :)

Credits- all papers and embellishments are from shabbyprincess.com, mostly the Dinner Party and Shabby Fall kits, except the bird which is a CM shape cut out from Shabby Princess paper.

and I have to be honest....I don't really have a favorite character (besides the ones in my sig- and if I had taken photos of it, my dh who was "That Guy" at the Laugh Floor when we visited it the first time...) but I have to say that Jack Sparrow is *one* of my favorites, particularly the guy who played him the day I took the photo because he plays the part perfectly!

Who doesn't love Captain Jack? :) An excellent choice for a favorite character. ;) I like how you used non pirate kit and it totally works. The way you did "captain" is really striking. The bird is a nice touch. Excellent job! Thank you for participating. :)

How fun! I'm just really enjoying seeing everyone's pages for this challenge. Melissa - great job with this challenge!! I LOVE IT.
Thank you. I am also enjoying this challenge. Such a wide array of characters chosen thus far. I think its also interesting to see what people like about each character. I think you can learn something about people by the characters they like. :)

Yzerbear19 - Love your lo's. The gold and the stitching really pop.

Marilee
Thank you. :)

OK. I think I have responded to everyone so far. If not, just let me know.

I had to get up early yesterday to drive 2 hours down to Dearborn for our annual trip to Greenfield Village for Civil War Remembrance weekend so yesterday was a long day, a fun day, but a long one nonetheless. Its amazing that in the 5 hours we were at Greenfield Village I managed to take 459 photos!:scared1: I think I take too many pictures. :laughing: Of course now I have a plan to do a whole book about Greenfield Village digitally using the photos from the past 6 years that we've gone. Will be much easier than trying to do it the traditional way since there isn't much stuff out there for historic homes and Civil War stuff.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Memorial Day weekend. :) And keep the great entries coming in. I will say that picking a favorite is going to be VERY difficult. I've shown my sister them as they've come in and she has been as impressed as I have been. So it will not be an easy choice. We may have to have our kitty Cassiopeia make the final decision since we may need a tiebreaker! :lmao: And Cassie can totally be bribed with chicken or cat treats. ;) :laughing:

20051229-Tigger-at-breakfas.jpg

Credits:

Kit: Blossom by Emily Powers
Alpha: Silver Bullet by Tina Chambers
Orange bead swirly: Birget Kerr
Ornament & notepaper from Christmas Memories kit by Lauren Bavin
Talk bubble: Comic Birthday kit by Lisa Carter
Font: Papyrus

Yzerbear: Thanks for hosting!

I just went back to page 1 to check out everyone's pages. Fantastic! The characters are alway so much fun. I will never grow too old to enjoy them!

As is a little obvious from my name, I adore Sleeping Beauty. Yzerbear, your page is beautiful!

:eeyore: Here is my LO for the week.

disneychallenge2-Page036600x600.jpg

Credits:
Cool Dude Crocodile - Laura Grier: Photo Prong
Dreams Do Come True - Britt-ish Designs: Staples, Brads
Date Stamped - Britt-ish Designs: Date
Brown Eyed Girl - Britt-ish Designs: Mesh, Sweet, Tab
Black and White and Red - Britt-ish Designs: Flower, Happy, Papers, Ribbon, RicRac Ribbon
Leave the World Behind - Britt-ish Designs: Frame
Mouse in the House - Britt-ish Designs: Fun

Great theme and all the LO's are wonderful.

Marilee

Guys, PLEASE PLEASE give me a kick in the butt!!! I have slacked so bad in my scrappin'!!! We have been moving rooms around in the house, and i am just too exhausted at night to get on and scrap..... :(
Although, i gotta say, one of the new rooms in my house is my craft room, which is Disney themed, so maybe that will help...

Guys, PLEASE PLEASE give me a kick in the butt!!! I have slacked so bad in my scrappin'!!! We have been moving rooms around in the house, and i am just too exhausted at night to get on and scrap..... :(
Although, i gotta say, one of the new rooms in my house is my craft room, which is Disney themed, so maybe that will help...

Caitsmama KICK! KICK! KICK! :goodvibes The new room sounds perfect. Always looking forward to seeing your LOs!

Melissa Thanks for hosting the challenge! This is really fun to see all these character pictures (and of course to also see these great LOs) A character challenge is a great idea! Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to be able to participate; the week was busier than I thought. I'm bummed because I was looking forward to the Mary Poppins page -- I'll just have to post it on the digital scrap-post-your-LO page. But thanks again for this great challenge!

Life sometimes gets in the way of scrapping it's true. But (as my dad would say) enough slacking off for you, Young Lady, get back to scrapping!

How was that?? :goodvibes

I was stuck on this all week and weekend but finally have something completed.

MickeyMouse.jpg

Credits:

Black Mickey Paper, Mouse Sticker, Mickey Dust, and Mickey Button - Mouse in the House by Brittish Designs
Black Grid Paper - Grids {Dirty} Paper Pack by Dirty Feet Designs
Clip on a String - I'm a Dreamer by Brittish Designs
Word Label Alpha - Jenn Trippetti
Ribbons - Leave the World Behind by Brittish Designs
Stitches - I'm a Dreamer Add On by Brittish Designs
Font - Vintage Typewriter

Susan -- I love it! I never thought to take a picture of the BACK of the partners statue! What a great shot! I love how you used the label tape alpha and the Vintage typewrite. I'm going to have to get those. Great layout!

I had to think and think about this one but when I downloaded Leaonna's (BusyScrappin's) Prom kit it finally came to me. I just love all the bling in this kit and figured a superstar theme would work well. Yes, Mickey's one of my favorite Disney characters, but every time I see the Mickster it will remind me of the wonderful vacation my mom and I had in December 2007 when Mickey finally got to meet her.

2524477035_88d7de8c2b.jpg

Journaling says: Mickey Mouse represents everything I love about Disney -- the magic, the quality and the drive and ambition with which a man with $40 created an entertainment empire. But even the Mickster was impressed and starstruck on the day he finally got to meet a real superstar - my mom.

Credits: Everything comes from BusyScrappin's Prom kit except for the buttons which come from her My Treasures kit.

Credits:

Kit: Blossom by Emily Powers
Alpha: Silver Bullet by Tina Chambers
Orange bead swirly: Birget Kerr
Ornament & notepaper from Christmas Memories kit by Lauren Bavin
Talk bubble: Comic Birthday kit by Lisa Carter
Font: Papyrus

Yzerbear: Thanks for hosting!
You're welcome. Great layout! I love the photo of Tigger dressed for Christmas. How cute! And I like how you turned some of the letters in the title backwards. Very creative. Super job! Thank you for participating. :)

:eeyore: Here is my LO for the week.

Credits:
Cool Dude Crocodile - Laura Grier: Photo Prong
Dreams Do Come True - Britt-ish Designs: Staples, Brads
Date Stamped - Britt-ish Designs: Date
Brown Eyed Girl - Britt-ish Designs: Mesh, Sweet, Tab
Black and White and Red - Britt-ish Designs: Flower, Happy, Papers, Ribbon, RicRac Ribbon
Leave the World Behind - Britt-ish Designs: Frame
Mouse in the House - Britt-ish Designs: Fun

Great theme and all the LO's are wonderful.

Marilee
EEYORE RULES!!! :) I was torn between doing an Eeyore layout or a Mulan layout. The picture of you with Eeyore is great. I like the colors you picked. Not your typical Eeyore colors, which is cool. Excellent job! Thank you for participating. :)

I was stuck on this all week and weekend but finally have something completed.

Credits:

Black Mickey Paper, Mouse Sticker, Mickey Dust, and Mickey Button - Mouse in the House by Brittish Designs
Black Grid Paper - Grids {Dirty} Paper Pack by Dirty Feet Designs
Clip on a String - I'm a Dreamer by Brittish Designs
Word Label Alpha - Jenn Trippetti
Ribbons - Leave the World Behind by Brittish Designs
Stitches - I'm a Dreamer Add On by Brittish Designs
Font - Vintage Typewriter

Wow! That shot of the partner statue from behind is really cool. I wish I would have thought of that. Will have to remember that for my next trip. ;) I like how you did your title. The ribbon coming out from behind is really cool. Awesome job! Thank you for participating. :)

I had to think and think about this one but when I downloaded Leaonna's (BusyScrappin's) Prom kit it finally came to me. I just love all the bling in this kit and figured a superstar theme would work well. Yes, Mickey's one of my favorite Disney characters, but every time I see the Mickster it will remind me of the wonderful vacation my mom and I had in December 2007 when Mickey finally got to meet her.

Journaling says: Mickey Mouse represents everything I love about Disney -- the magic, the quality and the drive and ambition with which a man with $40 created an entertainment empire. But even the Mickster was impressed and starstruck on the day he finally got to meet a real superstar - my mom.

Credits: Everything comes from BusyScrappin's Prom kit except for the buttons which come from her My Treasures kit.
I really like the color scheme you used. The red with the accents of the gold/yellow. I also liked how you highlighted the words in your journaling by making them a different color really helps them to pop. The pictures of Mickey with your mom are really sweet. Great job! Thank you for participating. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter