DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #6 (5/21 - 5/27)

Yzerbear19

I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)
DIS Challenge Week 6: What a character!

One of the things I love most about Disney are the characters. Each time we go to Disney I look forward to seeing the characters. For my sister and I it is tradition to have a picture taking with Mickey at least once.

Your the task for this challenge is to create a layout of your favorite Disney character.

Requirements:

Describe what you like about the character you selected. Your description should contain at least 3 traits you like about that character.
Include at least one button, brad, or photo prong
Something metallic (gold, silver, bronze, brass, copper, etc)
No more than 2 photos
Every photo must have some kind of border
You must use at least 2 different printed papers

Entries need to be posted by 11:00 PM ET on Tuesday, May 27, 2008. Be sure to include credits in your post or a link to your full credits.

This week’s prize is a mystery! :ssst: Two winners this week will receive Britt’s new kit! You’ll just have to wait to see what it is! :) One winner will be selected by me with help from the biggest Disney fan that I know, my sister, because I never can make a decision! The second winner will be randomly drawn.

And to give you a bit of inspiration, I already completed mine for my favorite character, Mulan!

YBMulan-SM.jpg

Credits:
-Flower paper, flower, and ribbon from "Mothers Love" collab kit
-Light pink paper and journal paper from Citrus Sunrise by Julie O
-Stitch action, Gold action, and brads from Atomic Cupcake

I also helped my sister create one of her favorite character, Aurora

SBAurora-SM.jpg

Credits:
-Ribbon and polka dot paper from "Mothers Love" collab kit (both recolored)
-Flowers, buttons, gold action, and stitch action from Atomic Cupcake
-Crown from "Who Needs a Fairy godmother" by Brittish design and turned gold
-Light blue paper from "Eloise" by abcdelf (recolored)

Good luck! :)

As the layouts are entered, I'm going to update this post for people who want to see them all without going through the entire thread. If I miss anyone's send me a PM.

This Week's Entries:

DisneyCruiser2008: Lightning McQueen - post #4

Cars-Page055.jpg

Sleeping Bean: Marie - post #7

mariepage.jpg

Bookmompooh: Pooh - post #16

POOH.jpg

Fran98765: Mickey Mouse - post #20

wdw2007mickeysam.jpg

Stenogoddess: Robin Hood - post #26

RobinHoodcopy.jpg

Pooh46: Pooh - post #29

WinniethePooh.jpg

Labdogs42: Goofy - post #32

299341367_MaGf8-L.jpg

Tinker326: Stitch - post #35

PirateStitch.jpg

ngneer: Cinderella - post #45

CRT.jpg

kswm30b: Mary Poppins - post #50

mary600_site.jpg

loveGoofy: Goofy - post #57

2006Goofy.jpg

Disney Baby: Lilo - post #60

2007WDWDay6-Page001.jpg

Lesley: Captain Jack Sparrow - post #61

12064Jack_Sparrow_Smaller.JPG

briarrose59: Tigger - post #67

20051229-Tigger-at-breakfas.jpg

marileeh: Eeyore - post #69

disneychallenge2-Page036600x600.jpg

susan026: Mickey -post #73

MickeyMouse.jpg

Hypermommy: Mickey - post #76

2524477035_88d7de8c2b.jpg

tgmousechick: Goofy - post #81

giddy4goofy_challenge_web.jpg

designerbrittany: Mickey - post #88

Sorcerer_Mickey_WEB.jpg

carsmom53: Eeyore - post #94

dis_eeyorepage_web.jpg

virginiajen: Mickey - post #95

Mickey-Mouse.jpg

Thanks, Melissa, for the great challenge -- You inspired me! This will be my entry for the Music/Lyrics Challenge at SM too.... You know me -- always double dipping. :) I have family coming in from out of town for the next 5 days, so I am going to post mine now.

Lightning is my 5 year old son's favorite Disney character!

Cars-Page055.jpg

Papers and Elements - Checkered Flag Page Kit by Heather Watson
Double Frame - My Frames by Joana Carvalho
Font - Hurry Up
Cars Bottlecaps -- ?? I grabbed them off the internet a while back, but I can't remember from where....

oooh, what a fun theme! I have SO many pictures to choose from! I can't wait to start working on this!

mariepage.jpg

This one was easy to come up with as Bella is just NUTS for Marie!!! She has a collection of these little white cats. She can't resist!
I can give credits to me :) I made everything in photoshop and it was very fun!

SleepingBean -- ADORABLE! I love Marie in the background on the pink! I happen to love Marie, too! I think Aristocats is such a fantastic Disney classic.

DisneyCruiser -- wow, you are quick! I love the fun papers and elements you used along with the great photos and journaling! The starry edge on the checkered flag paper is great. I need to remember to use that sometime! Nice work!

Yzerbear -- Both of your LO's are beautiful. I love the simple elegance of these princess pages. Very nice.

Thanks, Melissa, for the great challenge -- You inspired me! This will be my entry for the Music/Lyrics Challenge at SM too.... You know me -- always double dipping. :) I have family coming in from out of town for the next 5 days, so I am going to post mine now.

Lightning is my 5 year old son's favorite Disney character!
Awesome job! And double dibbing is so smart. :) I like the frame and checkered paper. Very, very nice. Thank you for participating. :)

This one was easy to come up with as Bella is just NUTS for Marie!!! She has a collection of these little white cats. She can't resist!
I can give credits to me :) I made everything in photoshop and it was very fun!
This is so sweet. I LOVE Marie also. I love how you faded Marie in the background. Very cute. Awesome work! Thank you so much for paricipating. :)

Yzerbear -- Both of your LO's are beautiful. I love the simple elegance of these princess pages. Very nice.
Thank you. The one I helped my sister with was fun. She told me what she wanted and I did what she said. :laughing: She knows how to use Photoshop, but wasn't sure how to put the layout together. I think the collab effort worked well. And its blue because she prefers Aurora's blue dress though you always only see her in pink, which my sister then rants about. :laughing:

disneycruiser - your username is very appropriate for this one! I love how you worded the favorite traits by listing them out of the mouths of babes. That makes for a truly special keepsake!

Yzerbear - my oldest dd loves mulan too! I bought her a mulan dress and am planning on booking a meal at akerhaus in hopes Mulan will be there! Bean would be so excited! The colors on this are just lovely and perfect for the charactesrs. the black and white works well for both images!
beautiful :)

Yzerbear - my oldest dd loves mulan too! I bought her a mulan dress and am planning on booking a meal at akerhaus in hopes Mulan will be there! Bean would be so excited! The colors on this are just lovely and perfect for the charactesrs. the black and white works well for both images!
beautiful :)
Thank you. I'm not sure if Mulan is at Akerhaus, but if not, you can probably find her in the China pavilon. That is where we found her with Mushu. In fact we found most of the princesses walking around World Showcase one afternoon. We found Belle, Beast, and Aurora in France; Aladdin and Jasmine in Morrocco; and Mulan and Mushu in China. I've heard that Snow White can be found in Germany, but we didn't see her. But the China pavillon would probably be your best bet to find her. I was sad because we didn't find her at Disneyland. :( I guess I'll just have to go to WDW. ;)

And its blue because she prefers Aurora's blue dress though you always only see her in pink, which my sister then rants about. :laughing:

:thumbsup2 I'm with your sister! I prefer Aurora's blue dress, too!! It makes me crazy that they always dress her in pink!!

BTW, Marie often appears with Aurora in France. I have pictures with both of them there!

Bella saw a picture of someone in France with Marie and she is head over heals in love and convinced that she will see Marie when we are there! I hope so, for her sake! LOL
We have 3 different chances at Epcot to check :) (I just hope that if we do see her, there isn't a 30 minute long line!)

POOH.jpg

Pooh!
all from, Brittish Design, Leave the world behind, dreams come true and mouse in the house. saftey pin- kmccombes-eliskit
fonts pooh and alisons hand. Opps saw i forgot the D in and....

Melissa - both your LOs are LOVELY. I totally love Mulan and have NEVER seen her before. I LOVE your gold elements. They are all soooo pretty! Wow. And I really like your blue Sleeping Beauty page, I'm a pink girl myself, but its refreshing to see a blue page with her! They always have her in pink cuz she's the only princess who even has pink as an option! Gotta have at least ONE pink princess!! haha

OHHH and great idea reserving the first two spots for LOs. GRAND idea. I've never been on a board that rambles and chats so much in the challenge threads! HAHA! I love it here!!!!

DisneyCruiser - Already lyl at SM but this is sooooo stinkin' cute. Those little wheels are fabulous and I love the song title. REALLY REALLY REALLY cute.

Sleepingbean - lyl at SM too. I love the big marie paper and the cute colors. I hope your daughter gets to see her at Epcot! What a magical moment that will be for her. Who doesn't love a sweet cute white kitty!!

I can give credits to me :) I made everything in photoshop and it was very fun![/QUOTE]

bookmompooh - Of course yours is Pooh! This is adorable. I love the pooh stamp on your journaling circle. So cute!! And I love how you made that ribbon frame! So so cute and clever. The Oh Bother is perfect. I can hear pooh's voice. And I love how you put the song lyrics there. Wow. Perfectly adorable page!!

What a fun challenge - the hard part for my will be picking just one character.

I NEED help, y'all!!!!!!! I've lost Britt's Peter Pan kit. I remember drooling over it and putting it away on my computer right before I got in the car to leave for vacation. Now I want to use it for this challange, and it's not in my Britt folder! I've searched for everything I can think of. If I've deleted this by accident, I will just kick myself, I really will. I can't believe how much I'm letting this upset me. Can someone tell me what Britt called the kit so I can do a better search?? The search for Britt brings up so much, I'm hoping I might be missing it. Thanks for any help!

I NEED help, y'all!!!!!!! I've lost Britt's Peter Pan kit. I remember drooling over it and putting it away on my computer right before I got in the car to leave for vacation. Now I want to use it for this challange, and it's not in my Britt folder! I've searched for everything I can think of. If I've deleted this by accident, I will just kick myself, I really will. I can't believe how much I'm letting this upset me. Can someone tell me what Britt called the kit so I can do a better search?? The search for Britt brings up so much, I'm hoping I might be missing it. Thanks for any help!

It is called We Can Fy or, brittdes_wcfly if you are searching. I hope you find it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter