December 2014 anyone?

We are planning on going for Christmas, probably Dec 23 thru 28, but not 100% sure just yet. I'm waiting for the calendar to open at Shades of Green so I can put down a deposit.

We are looking at Dec. 13-21 (or something like that). It's been several years since we visited WDW during that time. It seems far away right now, but I know it's a magical time to visit so it will be worth the wait!

We are looking for either Dec 2 for 10-13 days OR Dec. 6 for 10-13 days. Really this is all pending on FD or a PIN code for FD :)

As I read of all the frustrations with FP+/Magicbands I am actually a bit relieved to not be visiting WDW again until Dec. 2014. I am hoping by then the difficulties will be worked out and it will be smooth sailing for all of us! Anyone else kind of relieved to not be messing with this now?

We are looking at Dec. 13-21 (or something like that). It's been several years since we visited WDW during that time. It seems far away right now, but I know it's a magical time to visit so it will be worth the wait!

Those are our tentative dates also. Except my sister & I may be arriving a few days earlier than the others and we would be leaving on the 20th, giving us a week + of Magic.:goodvibes Let the planning begin! pixiedust:

Hello from Norway!
Family of 5 going to spend Christmas abroad for the first time. Went to WDW in June this year. We actually found the heat worse to deal with than the crowds. Hopefully December weather will be perfect for us from the north. We haven't decided where to stay next year but we are thinking about the Beach club. This is my first post- look forward to 'getting to know you' all.

Just made my reservations for December 2014, staying at the Wilderness Lodge from 12/6 through 12/12/14. I'm looking forward to staying at the Lodge over the holidays and seeing the incredible decorations in the lobby.

Hello from Norway!
Family of 5 going to spend Christmas abroad for the first time. Went to WDW in June this year. We actually found the heat worse to deal with than the crowds. Hopefully December weather will be perfect for us from the north. We haven't decided where to stay next year but we are thinking about the Beach club. This is my first post- look forward to 'getting to know you' all.

:welcome:

Welcome to the Disboards!

Just in case you're planning to be at WDW during Christmas week, it's the busiest week of the year. You're better off going during the early portion of the month.

Hello from Norway!

Welcome to this Forumpixiedust:
It's a great place to get information and plan.
We have visted during the summer before and during the winter season. We prefer to go the first week of December. The Christmas decorations are up and the Holiday Festivities have began.
Any questions this is the place to ask. :)

My Great grandparents were from Norway & I have always wanted to go there some day. But until then I will have to be happy with visiting The Norway Pavillion at EPCOT.:thumbsup2

As I read of all the frustrations with FP+/Magicbands I am actually a bit relieved to not be visiting WDW again until Dec. 2014. I am hoping by then the difficulties will be worked out and it will be smooth sailing for all of us! Anyone else kind of relieved to not be messing with this now?

Yes, I certainly hope WDW has the "bugs" worked out of the system by early December 2014. I do not want to have to wear one of the bands. Hopefully you'll still be able to get a regular key card next year. If not, I guess I'll to keep the band in a pocket.

It looks like I will be going to WDW in December 2014 with my daughter, my sister and maybe my step mom. I am planning for the first week in December. My daughter and I love Christmas and we can not wait to see WDW all decked out for the holidays.

Also going in December, but we don't know our dates yet. We are waiting on our school calendar for next year. We can't wait to start making plans! :santa:

As of now we are planning an early December 2014 trip (possibly 12/3-12/9)……for those of you staying at Wilderness Lodge, enjoy. It is an absolute wonderful place to stay for MANY reasons.

Just a few questions……I realize that the month of December is considered a very busy time, and thus the rates are higher, but -

1. Is free dining ever offered during these times?

2. Are any discounts and/or specials offered during these times?

3. If I would book a resort now thru Disney, if the prices goes down, or if FD is offered, can we somehow re-book to take advantage of the offers?

Thanks so much for any input. My family and I have been to WDW 3 times, so we are still pretty much rookies at this!!!

We are also planning an early 12/2014 trip not sure on dates most likely the first week. Hoping for Wilderness Lodge (we are DVC and this is not our home resort so we need to wait till 7 months out to get reservation).

Yes if you book now and Disney offers a discount or promotion you can call and adjust your reservation as available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter