December 2013 car rental

The car rental is for 9 days and we will be at the Wilderness Lodge Villas, moving to AoA for our last night.
It's only $20 per day. I would keep it. Especially since the WL can be a long way from the other 3 parks. Plus you get to do grocery runs for snacks and breakfast foods (and alcohol if you imbibe) and you won't have to mess around with ME on the way home.

We leave in 4 days and prices are high. DH and I keep going back and forth on the car rental. We don't really *need* a car. We do really prefer to have one as we don't like having to be out at the buses an hour before we want to be anywhere, we like to take afternoon breaks and the car makes them so much quicker, we'd like to eat offsite once or twice but we don't have to.
Spending money is tight for this trip as it is. We have the car booked for $165, add in exchange and gas and we're looking at about $200.
So there we are. We could just go with M.E., use Disney transportation and cancel the car. I just like having it, I don't need it.
I better make up my mind soon.:headache:

Did you try Alamo with "sunpromo" under contract id?

The car rental is for 9 days and we will be at the Wilderness Lodge Villas, moving to AoA for our last night.
No sure I got the right info from your 2 posts combined, but if you're getting a 9 day rental from 12/13 to 12/21 for $200 all in then you are doing pretty good given the best I could find for those dates is a base rate or $119.92 and taxes/fees of $62.17 for a total of $182.09 for a midsize with Dollar. The secret for renting from Dollar close to arrival date is to click the City Rate specials and they'll give you their rock bottom rates in the classes they have availability. To get to these rates, put dates into their rental form and choose all car types. When it gives you options, the City Special rates will be a button you can click on to get the best prices for your location. Using those on the dates above shaved an additional $19 off the best available rate in a general search.

If you do go with Dollar, join Dollar Express (it's free) so you can go right to the garage and pick up a reserved car.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

Anyone still looking for a deal over the Christmas holidays may want to try bidding on priceline. I got a fullsize with Avis for 8 days from Dec 21 - 29th for $221 including taxes. I bid $16/day yesterday and tried again today at $17/day and bid was accepted. Nothing else was even close to that.

Anyone still looking for a deal over the Christmas holidays may want to try bidding on priceline. I got a fullsize with Avis for 8 days from Dec 21 - 29th for $221 including taxes. Nothing else was even close to that.
Thanks! I got a compact for 12/22-12/29 for $176.78, for a savings of $60 over my previous price!

Anyone still looking for a deal over the Christmas holidays may want to try bidding on priceline. I got a fullsize with Avis for 8 days from Dec 21 - 29th for $221 including taxes. I bid $16/day yesterday and tried again today at $17/day and bid was accepted. Nothing else was even close to that.

Does Avis allow you to skip the lines and/or have an additional driver? Or does booking through Priceline necessitate skipping that perk? It might be worth having to stand in line - but I want to know what I will have to put up with upon arrival.

Does Avis allow you to skip the lines and/or have an additional driver? Or does booking through Priceline necessitate skipping that perk? It might be worth having to stand in line - but I want to know what I will have to put up with upon arrival.

I called Avis and Priceline as well but they cannot add my Avis Preferred Number to the reservation. Spouse is still free as additional driver. For the savings $$$ I will wait in line.

Thanks, webworm! On a hunch I tried Costco again and saved $150 over my most recent rental.

I originally scored big on Cyber Monday, but then our plans changed and I needed to rebook with different dates (much more expensive - ugh!)

This saved me some dough!

I called Avis and Priceline as well but they cannot add my Avis Preferred Number to the reservation. Spouse is still free as additional driver. For the savings $$$ I will wait in line.

Boo! Waiting in line would be worth it! Spouse is a biggie for us - makes it easy for grocery or retail therapy days. :)

Still hoping to "bridge the gap" on my currently held split car-rental...but having no luck. :badpc:

Picking up at MCO, 24 DEC 11:30 AM...
Dropping off MCO, 8 JAN, 4:30 PM

Anybody have any secret mouse clicks or magic spells? :hippie:

hi guys...just got back from my trip and had some info for you. re: coupons

We rented through Alamo. (used Sun promo code) so we had to use the kiosk(not a big deal...couple of quick questions) then went out to the garage. When we were leaving I asked the agent if this location was no longer accepting coupons because even when a coupon was emailed to me and If I immediately went into Alamo to book it, it would tell me it wasn't available.
She told me to print it out & bring it up to the counter. She said they may be able to deduct the coupon at the counter.

I didn't have any of the coupons with me since I figured I couldn't use them. & if I were to do it, I would bring a couple of them incase it was a "maximum exceeded"...

Didn't know if this is accurate, but just incase it might save someone some $.

I booked a car through priceline with Avis. Does anyone think I could use a coupon (code) for that rezzy?

I booked a car through priceline with Avis. Does anyone think I could use a coupon (code) for that rezzy?
So DH found an Avis coupon in the Entertainment Book for $45 off a weekly rental. Even though it had online codes, he tore it out and I stapled it to the rental car confirmation sheet he printed out, to see if it would work. When we got to MCO and my DS's and I went to get the luggage, he went to the Avis counter and said "my DW has been bugging me to ask if I can use this coupon," so as to play it off. The agent said "sorry no, since you booked through a 3rd party." He then informed my DH that he only had 1 compact car and it was a 2-door. DH asked if there was anything else, since a 2-door for 4 people would have been a pain, and the agent said that since he had the coupon, he'd give him a Ford Fusion (full-sized car) for the same price. Given that it was a 3 car upgrade and it's usually $2/day extra per upgrade, plus taxes, that represented the $45 coupon, and then some!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter