December 2013 car rental

Prices came way down for my dates, just checked Budget, had minivan for $354 and just found it for $225. Used Coupon MUWZ059 ($30 off participating locations).
Dates are Nov 30-Dec 7

Alamo is down too. Booked 11/30-12/7 for $154 for a full size.

I was just going to report that. Weirdest thing. I checked.. it was down. I booked and cancelled my previous reservation. I went in to check again immediately just to see if it had dropped a little more, and it was already back up. The drop for me couldn't have been more than 20 minutes! Glad I caught it though.
So I am down to $165 for 12/13-12/22 , 9 day rental in a Standard.:cool1:

Check your rates today. My 12/18-25 rate was down with Dollar. I now have an intermediate for $240.00. Still higher then I like to pay but better than where I started.

Just put in the codes for my current Budget reservation and the price went down again. Mini Van for Dec 7 to 14th, picking up at MCO and returning to Port $197.59! :)
I used Costco code A017600 and coupon MUGZ165.

Just put in the codes for my current Budget reservation and the price went down again. Mini Van for Dec 7 to 14th, picking up at MCO and returning to Port $197.59! :)
I used Costco code A017600 and coupon MUGZ165.

I also just rebooked my rate with Budget/Costco. I was at $159 with Alamo for 11/30-12/7, and am now at $111 with Budget!!! :cool1: Used BCD W852875, and coupon MUGZ042

I am also happy to report that my rates on the Costco website have dropped precipitously in the last few days.

Check your rates today. My 12/18-25 rate was down with Dollar. I now have an intermediate for $240.00. Still higher then I like to pay but better than where I started.

I see $176 inc taxes for intermediate with Budget using Costco code W852875 and Coupon MUGZ165 for $35 off which includes the free additional driver.

Just checked Costco's website for 12/7-12/14 and for a fullsize Budget is $118. Nice savings over Alamo. But we have never used Budget before. We have always used Alamo. Has anyone tried Budget?

Thanks

Just checked Costco's website for 12/7-12/14 and for a fullsize Budget is $118. Nice savings over Alamo. But we have never used Budget before. We have always used Alamo. Has anyone tried Budget?

Thanks
Done Budget many times with no problems. Sign up for Fastreak (their rewards program).

And on a side note, it appears that the deals for Christmas week aren't materializing. I got a compact through Dollar for 12/22-12/29 for $237.37 total. Not that great.

I see $176 inc taxes for intermediate with Budget using Costco code W852875 and Coupon MUGZ165 for $35 off which includes the free additional driver.

I don't have a Costco membership & since Budget doesn't allow you to just walk out to the garage & get in your car (at least not that I know of) this makes me worried. Would they ask to see a Costco card at the counter? This is why I generally will always try to rent with Dollar, Alamo, National, or Hertz. I don't like having to go to the counter. I did just check the rate. Today it's $191.64. Could be because I was plugging in the actual times I'd pick up or it could have gone up since you checked yesterday. I do appreciate you pointing it out though. Just not sure about using that Costco code if I have to go to the counter.

Edit: I take it back. It looks like with Fastbreak some airports allow you to walk out to the car & skip the counter. Can anyone tell me if this is the case at MCO?

For Budget in MCO you walk out to the kiosk in the garage, you skip the counter in the terminal.

Denise

For Budget in MCO you walk out to the kiosk in the garage, you skip the counter in the terminal.

Denise

Thank you. I guess my question then becomes has anyone been asked to show their Costco card? If I could just get in the car & go like with Dollar Express & Hertz Gold I wouldn't worry about it. However since I do need to stop at the kiosk I don't want to get there & be turned away for not having a Costco card. I may be better off keeping the more expensive Dollar reservation.

I am sooooo impressed to have knocked a whopping 9 dollars off my National rental! [all sarcasm intended].

I really wish I could convince DH that life can be just as easy with another company. At least there is a bit of movement on some of the other companies, but he says the price differential is not worth having to learn a new system when we can do National on brain-dead mode. Still feels like I am paying extra to be brand loyal....

Question for those who have used Budget. Can you pick your car like with Alamo? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

In all the times Ive used Budget, they have assigned the car (but often they say you could have an A or B). That being said, Ive had some great cars when renting a full size ie Chrysler 300 loaded, Camaro (my pick ... I wanted one anyways)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter