December 2013 car rental

Thank you. I guess my question then becomes has anyone been asked to show their Costco card? If I could just get in the car & go like with Dollar Express & Hertz Gold I wouldn't worry about it. However since I do need to stop at the kiosk I don't want to get there & be turned away for not having a Costco card. I may be better off keeping the more expensive Dollar reservation.
I was asked for my Costco card when renting from a local Tampa Budget location (not MCO). Some agencies ask for proof at the booth as you leave. I remember being asked for my Disney Magic Kingdom Club card back in the day. I don't think I would risk it.

I was asked for my Costco card when renting from a local Tampa Budget location (not MCO). Some agencies ask for proof at the booth as you leave. I remember being asked for my Disney Magic Kingdom Club card back in the day. I don't think I would risk it.

That's what I'm thinking too. Thanks for your reply. I did get my Dollar reservation down another $8 this morning. What will I do with all that savings? ;) It is a $41 difference in price from Budget to Dollar but I don't want to get to that kiosk & not be able to get the car. We have too many things planned for offsite this trip. We need a car.

That's what I'm thinking too. Thanks for your reply. I did get my Dollar reservation down another $8 this morning. What will I do with all that savings? ;) It is a $41 difference in price from Budget to Dollar but I don't want to get to that kiosk & not be able to get the car. We have too many things planned for offsite this trip. We need a car.
Do you live near a Costco? The difference in price is just about that of a Costco membership so you would only be paying $9 for a membership. I love our Costco :thumbsup2.

Do you live near a Costco? The difference in price is just about that of a Costco membership so you would only be paying $9 for a membership. I love our Costco :thumbsup2.

No I don't. I live near a BJs. I had a membership but I went there so infrequently it wasn't really worth keeping the membership.

Just saw that Costco has a $20 gift card offer on their rentals and some of their rates have dipped a bit. This is available over Christmas, so hope it helps someone!

Rates are down with Dollar for me this morning. Still not as low as the Alamo rate I got a few weeks ago, but close. It might be worth checking.:)

Rates are down with Dollar for me this morning. Still not as low as the Alamo rate I got a few weeks ago, but close. It might be worth checking.:)

No movement for me. Still at $232 for a standard.

Checked Costco this morning. $361 for Compact, Alamo. $401 for Intermediate & Standard, Alamo. 15 days.

Just now checked again - up to $497 Intermediate & Standard, Budget.

Glad I grabbed it this morning! Going to keep watching.

Good luck to everyone!

Checked Costco this morning. $361 for Compact, Alamo. $401 for Intermediate & Standard, Alamo. 15 days.

Just now checked again - up to $497 Intermediate & Standard, Budget.

Glad I grabbed it this morning! Going to keep watching.

Good luck to everyone!

Yes keep watching & thank you for reminding me to check again today! My Dollar 12/18-25 midsize rental is down to $181.71 today! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Under $200 I'm a very happy camper right now. Doubt I will see it any lower then that but I will keep checking!

Down to $430 with my Exec Aisle reservation from the 17th-29th. Looks like the SWA code is working best.

Yes keep watching & thank you for reminding me to check again today! My Dollar 12/18-25 midsize rental is down to $181.71 today! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: Under $200 I'm a very happy camper right now. Doubt I will see it any lower then that but I will keep checking!
What code(s) is(are) you using? Thanks.

What code(s) is(are) you using? Thanks.

The 15% off special on their website with my AAA office code in the corporate box.

And today the price for the exact same dates, times & car is $310.00. Timing is everything I guess. So glad I checked yesterday.

Down to $318 for 7 passenger Mini Van for 10 days (Dec 7-17) with Alamo

I dont foresee it getting any lower in next 24 hrs so I went ahead and checked in at this rate- Im happy with the price, and now I dont have to worry about kiosk or lines, just walk out from baggage claim and out to the row of cars... hoping to be jumping onto test track with our FP+ 2 hours later!

This morning on dollar for our trip was able to split into 2 ressies. Pick up in Tpa at 10 am Dec 23rd drop off at wyndham downtown disney on Dec 24 @ 10 am for $86.42 (I would love a way to get this down, any suggestions?) Then pick up Dec 24th at 10 am wyndham, switch vehicles basically. Return Jan 2nd at Tampa Airport @7:30 am for $162.57 my total for both ressies is $248. 99 @ xmas. For the little more effort it will take me. It cuts a $100.00 off my current ressie picking up at tpa and drop off tpa. If anyone has any suggestions on getting that one way down I would be very happy. But am very happy with the total price.

We leave in 4 days and prices are high. DH and I keep going back and forth on the car rental. We don't really *need* a car. We do really prefer to have one as we don't like having to be out at the buses an hour before we want to be anywhere, we like to take afternoon breaks and the car makes them so much quicker, we'd like to eat offsite once or twice but we don't have to.
Spending money is tight for this trip as it is. We have the car booked for $165, add in exchange and gas and we're looking at about $200.
So there we are. We could just go with M.E., use Disney transportation and cancel the car. I just like having it, I don't need it.
I better make up my mind soon.:headache:

We leave in 4 days and prices are high. DH and I keep going back and forth on the car rental. We don't really *need* a car. We do really prefer to have one as we don't like having to be out at the buses an hour before we want to be anywhere, we like to take afternoon breaks and the car makes them so much quicker, we'd like to eat offsite once or twice but we don't have to.
Spending money is tight for this trip as it is. We have the car booked for $165, add in exchange and gas and we're looking at about $200.
So there we are. We could just go with M.E., use Disney transportation and cancel the car. I just like having it, I don't need it.
I better make up my mind soon.:headache:
How many days are you there and where are you staying?

Are you going to US/IOA or Seaworld during your visit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter