DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hope those dads near the flooding are doing okay. I think it's going to take a while to get to the point where people can even gauge the extent of the devastation.

Anyone got big plans for the long weekend? We might be heading to the inlaws.

Hope those dads near the flooding are doing okay. I think it's going to take a while to get to the point where people can even gauge the extent of the devastation.

I've got a couple of trees to cut down if you want to help.

Happy Friday. Skipped the gym to hit both offices as DW and I are both taking tomorrow off for our 17th wedding anniversary.

Also made it to the liquor store for wine for DW (Kendall Jackson cabernet sauvignon), St. Bernidus Abt 12 for me, and enough beer for the weekend (Landshark and Miller lite). Then, picked her up some candy and flowers. Flowers are in vaae for her when she gets home, candy Saturday. So, I've been busy shopping today? :lmao:

Amy Adams and her red hair is at the top of mine.

She is a good choice. Isn't she a Disney princess with that one movie, Enchanted? Dan can take one out on her when he calls it. Maybe, last one to the bar gets Giselle, but they have to wait for their turn with the other animals. :lmao:

Top o' the mornin' dads. Almost Friday. If I could call it early, I would.

Call it. 007 is out of striking distance right now.

Got 3 minutes planned?
:scared1::eek::scared1::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

My plan is to take DW over Labor Day weekend for our 20th to stay at Grand Floridean and eat at Victoria & Albert's. Maybe I'll arrange it on the 19th anniversary to surprise her.

Last edited:

Not sure if they're BIG plans, but they should be joyful plans.
Taking my mom to the N GA mountains to get apples for her to take back to FL with her.
My sister (remember I told you about our surprise) will end up meeting us there instead of coming to my house (same exact arrival time according to GPS, different location).
My mom does not know, so it will be a good surprise.
I already did birthday dinner for my mom, but a secondary surprise will be going to red lobster that night with sister.

Sorry for ignoring you guys but I am a bit under the weather. Trying to get a doctor's appointment. Nothin serious, I hope.

But guess what? COLLEGE FOOTBALL STARTS! UF vs UM. So pissed those knuckle heads got suspended.

Nothing wrong with that. Just wondered where I would be if I had saved more money. Our Governor is waging war on the KY Pension systems. When hired in, the plan was 27 years of service is eligible for retirement. I could have retired prior to age 50 with everything paid off and just work when/if I wanted. Now, he is proposing to change that to 65 because of inadequate funding and bad fund management on the employer side, even though employees had mandatory contributions. When I look at the balances, my own retirement accounts have performed significantly better. I know its posturing and they hopefully will settle on something, but this will certainly change my 5 year plan. The plan also proposed a buy out, but no specific numbers.

But in government, I and other employees were required to pay (mandatory withdrawal) 8% of their income towards future retirement. I matched that 8% in my own seperate retirement account thankfully. Sadly, poor fund management and huge salaries to manage these funds have led to the downfall. And, instead of having management consequences, employees just get screwed again.

The deal has always been that you accept less in salary vs. the private sector, and in return you receive a pension and better benefits. I believe my state's pension fund is still in good shape, but there are always similar rumblings about taking away benefits from the employees. It always scares me. I've been here 17 years now, so I'm institutionalized. It makes more sense to try for the full pension than it does to leave and start over.

No big plans here. Thinking of firing up the smoker on Monday, though. That's always fun.

Let's hope so. Calling it?

The deal has always been that you accept less in salary vs. the private sector, and in return you receive a pension and better benefits. I believe my state's pension fund is still in good shape, but there are always similar rumblings about taking away benefits from the employees. It always scares me. I've been here 17 years now, so I'm institutionalized. It makes more sense to try for the full pension than it does to leave and start over.

22 for me. I definitely am institutionalized. Hope we can make it like Red.

Let's hope so. Calling it?

OK boys, thats it. I'm calling it. Work week out over. Everyone out. As its a long weekend (Friday for me, Monday for you'se guys) I think its worth hitting the Kiosks around Epcot for a drink around the world. Last one in Mexico has to take Giselle home. And let me tell ya, she can give me "True Loves Kiss" anywhere she likes.

Well Harvey is coming into our neck of the woods though nothing to complain about considering what this storm did to others. Looks like the tornado level of weather is gonna stay west of us as Memphis is getting some real scary stuff. 2-3 inches of rain with heavy t-storms for us but nerve wracking part is DS is heading home tonight so watching the radar and weather kinda close - don;t want him driving through this stuff if it get hairy.
I just can't imagine what those folks are goin through.
Dauphin Island Alabama with a couple of sets of friends as long as the house we have rented is still o.k. as Harvey went through their past couple of days and still today.
Happy Friday. Skipped the gym to hit both offices as DW and I are both taking tomorrow off for our 17th wedding anniversary.

Also made it to the liquor store for wine for DW (Kendall Jackson cabernet sauvignon), St. Bernidus Abt 12 for me, and enough beer for the weekend (Landshark and Miller lite). Then, picked her up some candy and flowers. Flowers are in vaae for her when she gets home, candy Saturday. So, I've been busy shopping today? :lmao:
Happy anniversary and stay safe as it looks like some of the last round of Harvey may hit your neck of the woods.
Not sure if they're BIG plans, but they should be joyful plans.
Taking my mom to the N GA mountains to get apples for her to take back to FL with her.
My sister (remember I told you about our surprise) will end up meeting us there instead of coming to my house (same exact arrival time according to GPS, different location).
My mom does not know, so it will be a good surprise.
I already did birthday dinner for my mom, but a secondary surprise will be going to red lobster that night with sister.
Good luck with the surprise - hope your mom enjoys.
Sorry for ignoring you guys but I am a bit under the weather. Trying to get a doctor's appointment. Nothin serious, I hope.

But guess what? COLLEGE FOOTBALL STARTS! UF vs UM. So pissed those knuckle heads got suspended.
Hope you feel better and nothing too serious. I am with you on the college football season start though unsure how ND is gonna be this year.

Well Harvey is coming into our neck of the woods though nothing to complain about considering what this storm did to others. Looks like the tornado level of weather is gonna stay west of us as Memphis is getting some real scary stuff. 2-3 inches of rain with heavy t-storms for us but nerve wracking part is DS is heading home tonight so watching the radar and weather kinda close - don;t want him driving through this stuff if it get hairy.
Look after yourself mate. Hopefully DS gets through.
All the best Cj, hope you're on the mend soon.
No big plans here. Thinking of firing up the smoker on Monday, though. That's always fun.
Mmmmmmmmm. Smoked meat.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter