DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Evening dads. I'll sweep up and polish around the treehouse while you lot are on a long weekend. Where's Paul Lawson when you need him?
Have a great long weekend boys, and party on.

Happy Sunday. Worked at the church this morning to get ready for the next few weeks and submitting #s. Apparently, you just can't escape TPS reports. I'll enjoy some more time off tomorrow.

Watched UL football last night. I know it's my own state (and not UK Wildcats), but watching Lamar Jackson play QB is just amazing. Not sure he can speak English still from interviews, but he is special with a football. And, Petrino is such an offensive minded coach that seems to get everything out of him. The closest I can think of is Michael Vick, although not sure Vick was as good.

I was speaking Canadian....:rotfl:

No wonder i couldn't understand it. It felt cold and penguiny at the same time. :lmao:

Evening dads. I'll sweep up and polish around the treehouse while you lot are on a long weekend. Where's Paul Lawson when you need him?
Have a great long weekend boys, and party on.

I'm still around. Missed lotto winning again, so I'm not going anywhere, and you're still stuck with me. :sad2::scared1::lmao:

Last edited:
Do you have Labour day as well?
Yes and I'm having a lie in this Monday morning. My plan to hide away from work has so far been successful. Me and the missus are thinking of a breakfast out this morning since youngest DD is sleeping over at a friend's house and the teenager won't rise for a while yet.

Seems like Fall has found us; it's a pretty cool morning up here today.
Yes it's been cooler here this weekend too. Definitely feels more like Fall.

Yes and I'm having a lie in this Monday morning. My plan to hide away from work has so far been successful. Me and the missus are thinking of a breakfast out this morning since youngest DD is sleeping over at a friend's house and the teenager won't rise for a while yet.
Now that my friend, sounds like a plan.

Hey guys. Feeling better but now I got worry about that bit** Irma possibly coming next week. Plan it to hit the store early tomorrow for supplies and close the shutters. We need to get ready early because the kid is going to be flying to Seton Hall later in the week to participate in a lecture series on sharks and ocean ecology. Good thing is they are paying to bring her up there. I get to face the winds and take care of her mutt. Gee, can't wait.

Hey guys. Feeling better but now I got worry about that bit** Irma possibly coming next week. Plan it to hit the store early tomorrow for supplies and close the shutters. We need to get ready early because the kid is going to be flying to Seton Hall later in the week to participate in a lecture series on sharks and ocean ecology. Good thing is they are paying to bring her up there. I get to face the winds and take care of her mutt. Gee, can't wait.

Stay safe Cj.

Hey CJ. I've got a couple of spare bedrooms if you need to bug out, but then again, you'll probably go to your SIL in Savannah unless it looks like it's gonna sweep up the coast.

Well, the surprise for my mom went well (mostly).
We went up to Mercier's in Blue Ridge to get apples for her to take back to FL with her.
Unbeknowst to her, my sister came in from the north and met us there. She was waiting in line and my sister and I snuck up behind her and my sister asked her if she could get in line there and my mom was totally shocked. Unfortunately, I was trying to get ahead to take pictures, but my sister didn't give me a chance.

Funny thing is earlier that day my mom was fretting over if she'd be able to fit everything in her checked bag so she could carry on the apples. Since they left this morning to drive to FL, that was a non-issue and I had to stifle a laugh when she said that. :rotfl2:

My mom said it was the best birthday ever, although her memory is going, so not sure how many birthdays back she remembers now. ;)

Morning All,

beautiful morning here, should be in the 80s later today (that American temperature-speak). First day of school for most students today, K-6, and grade 9 starts today. Grades 7,8, 10 to 12 all start tomorrow so DS had one more day to sleep in.

Have a good one all.

'Morning all...
Welcome back to the work week.
Spent the "holidays" laboring, so nothings really different, it's just the venue that's changed.

Feeling better but now I got worry about that bit** Irma possibly coming next week.
Been watching that one. Dang monster's already at Cat-5 and heading toward the gulf.
And there's already another Cape Verde storm developing right on its heals as well.
If it holds course, it should sideswipe you but being NE of the eye, I'd not be taking it for granted either.

If that thing gets into the gulf without loosing too much power scraping through the Florida Strait, then all that warm water is just going to make for one mighty bad situation when it finally makes full landfall.
Everyone down on the G.C., I'd advise you plan ahead, this ain't looking good.

'Morning all...
Welcome back to the work week.
Spent the "holidays" laboring, so nothings really different, it's just the venue that's changed.

Been watching that one. Dang monster's already at Cat-5 and heading toward the gulf.
And there's already another Cape Verde storm developing right on its heals as well.
If it holds course, it should sideswipe you but being NE of the eye, I'd not be taking it for granted either.

If that thing gets into the gulf without loosing too much power scraping through the Florida Strait, then all that warm water is just going to make for one mighty bad situation when it finally makes full landfall.
Everyone down on the G.C., I'd advise you plan ahead, this ain't looking good.

Georgia Coast?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter