DDA Chapter 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, DDA!

Just a quick hello before I'm off to finish getting ready to leave. I've got to get my work done this morning after Chase gets here. Then the carry on needs to be packed and I think we're good from there. I also remembered that I need to get Terra' party invitations in the mail before we leave so that has to be done, but that should be the easy part. We found really cute flamingo invitations on clearance yesterday so that was even better.

Now, to get some extra sleep on the plane! For some reason, I was up at 6 this morning and tomorrow's an early start. I definitely prefer the time change heading east to WDW than this losing two hours thing.

Have a great week everyone. I'll try to get back on Thursday after we get back, but we leave to go camping on Friday so that will be another rush time.

Good morning, DDA!

Just a quick hello before I'm off to finish getting ready to leave. I've got to get my work done this morning after Chase gets here. Then the carry on needs to be packed and I think we're good from there. I also remembered that I need to get Terra' party invitations in the mail before we leave so that has to be done, but that should be the easy part. We found really cute flamingo invitations on clearance yesterday so that was even better.

Now, to get some extra sleep on the plane! For some reason, I was up at 6 this morning and tomorrow's an early start. I definitely prefer the time change heading east to WDW than this losing two hours thing.

Have a great week everyone. I'll try to get back on Thursday after we get back, but we leave to go camping on Friday so that will be another rush time.

Tia have a great time. Happy Birthday to Terra.

Today is Science Fair. If you could send some good vibes Nicholas' way, I'm sure he would appreciate it

Good luck, Nicholas!!! :wizard:

Tia - I hope you all have the most wonderful trip!!! :teeth:

Tia, I hope you a Terra have a magical time!! :wizard:

Heidi - you and your mom are in my thoughts. :hug: :wizard:

Heidi, I hope the results show that everything is fine! :wizard:

DS has 3 shows today! The first one went well! Next one starts at 1:30 PM!

Proud Mommy alert. I just got a call from the school that Nicholas has placed in the Science Fair! They don't tell the kids but call and alert the family. There is an awards ceremony at school on Tuesday that parents are invited to, and and we'll find out what place he got. I think they do 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and honorable mention. I'm not going to tell him that he won something.

Got some news......

A few years ago mom fell and broke her arm up near her shoulder, the doctor said he wouldn't do anything it would heal on its own. Lately its been giving her trouble, she had an MRI and they found a spot and it also looks like the blood flow has not been getting up to that area very well and the bone could be dying.

She went yesterday for a complete bone scan because of the spot they had found with the MRI and now they have also found a spot on her skull. Won't have the results till Tues.

Of course I am a worrier and have always had this nagging in the back of my mind, that mom would get cancer again. Of course now its in the front screaming like a banshee.

Sorry to be a downer, but I need to tell someone. John will be very suportive if its bad news, but until then he is they type - no sense in worring can't change the outcome.

:hug: for you and pixiedust: that everything is fine with your mom. I am also a worrier married to a dh that has the same attitude as yours.

Proud Mommy alert. I just got a call from the school that Nicholas has placed in the Science Fair! They don't tell the kids but call and alert the family. There is an awards ceremony at school on Tuesday that parents are invited to, and and we'll find out what place he got. I think they do 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and honorable mention. I'm not going to tell him that he won something.

:cheer2::yay: Way to go, Nicholas!!!! :yay::cheer2:

I'm jealous that your school invites parents to awards ceremonies. I am ticked that our elementary school has held two awards ceremonies so far this year without any mention to the parents beforehand at all. I'm not going to make this my fight, though, because we're done after this year. (And so is the dipstick of a principal.) Miles is getting a dry sense of humor like his dad. When I made some comment about parents not being welcome at the school, he quipped, "The principal is probably afraid you'll run on the playground." When my older two went through, this was such a good school system. It's really changed in many ways.

On Tuesday, the school district decided to have some "Save Power for an Hour" thing at all the schools. I didn't know anything about it until the kids came home and told me. They were supposed to shut off all the lights and any non-necessary equipment for an hour. Some "genius" decided to completely kill power to all the buildings. This power-save may end up costing us thousands. We have Smart Boards in most of the classrooms. They have extremely expensive light bulbs in the projectors (as in almost $1000 each). Because they just cut power, some of the bulbs may need to be replaced because they cooled too quickly. Computer systems are messed up in the schools and district offices, and the clocks are all run by a system that is not functioning correctly now.

Thanks, I will be placing an order.

We have last year product now, in a month or so it will be this years.

Got some news......

A few years ago mom fell and broke her arm up near her shoulder, the doctor said he wouldn't do anything it would heal on its own. Lately its been giving her trouble, she had an MRI and they found a spot and it also looks like the blood flow has not been getting up to that area very well and the bone could be dying.

She went yesterday for a complete bone scan because of the spot they had found with the MRI and now they have also found a spot on her skull. Won't have the results till Tues.

Of course I am a worrier and have always had this nagging in the back of my mind, that mom would get cancer again. Of course now its in the front screaming like a banshee.

Sorry to be a downer, but I need to tell someone. John will be very supportive if its bad news, but until then he is they type - no sense in worrying can't change the outcome.

:hug::hug:So scary. I hope it's nothing serious:wizard:

How does the lack of snow affect the sap?

:rotfl: I've missed the curling so far. Is it on a different channel?

Good luck!

Good luck!

We'll keep her in our prayers. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, but I understand your concern. :grouphug:

The curling is on MSNBC I think, maybe USA too.

The sap here should be okay. Sap runs rely on cold nights and warm days and so far it's been all cold. Pennsylvania usually is finishing up their maple season now, but with this weird weather they haven't even started. It the weather goes straight to warm there with no cold nights, they may not have a maple season at all. That would cripple them this year. Who knows how it will go in the end.

Good morning, DDA!

Have a terrific trip. Sleep is for rookies you'll do plenty of that when you die (that's my vacation mantra :lmao:)

:cool1::cool1::thumbsup2Way to go Nicholas (and Mom ;))

I'm jealous that your school invites parents to awards ceremonies. I am ticked that our elementary school has held two awards ceremonies so far this year without any mention to the parents beforehand at all. I'm not going to make this my fight, though, because we're done after this year. (And so is the dipstick of a principal.) Miles is getting a dry sense of humor like his dad. When I made some comment about parents not being welcome at the school, he quipped, "The principal is probably afraid you'll run on the playground." When my older two went through, this was such a good school system. It's really changed in many ways.

On Tuesday, the school district decided to have some "Save Power for an Hour" thing at all the schools. I didn't know anything about it until the kids came home and told me. They were supposed to shut off all the lights and any non-necessary equipment for an hour. Some "genius" decided to completely kill power to all the buildings. This power-save may end up costing us thousands. We have Smart Boards in most of the classrooms. They have extremely expensive light bulbs in the projectors (as in almost $1000 each). Because they just cut power, some of the bulbs may need to be replaced because they cooled too quickly. Computer systems are messed up in the schools and district offices, and the clocks are all run by a system that is not functioning correctly now.

Bureaucratic Brilliance at it's best :rolleyes::teacher:

GREAT! :banana: Congrats to Nicholas!

2 shows down, one to go. I did manage to get back to the school in time to pin his pants before the second show. They are HUGE, and he kept YANKING at them. It was terribly distracting. Going back up there in about an hour to make sure he eats and has everything he needs before the last show tonight. Last night had a rather sparse audience - I hope tonight has a larger turn-out!

Congrats Nicholas.

:scared1: what a bone head. :sad2:

Some "genius" decided to completely kill power to all the buildings. This power-save may end up costing us thousands. We have Smart Boards in most of the classrooms. They have extremely expensive light bulbs in the projectors (as in almost $1000 each). Because they just cut power, some of the bulbs may need to be replaced because they cooled too quickly. Computer systems are messed up in the schools and district offices, and the clocks are all run by a system that is not functioning correctly now.

Got some news......

Sorry to be a downer, but I need to tell someone. John will be very suportive if its bad news, but until then he is they type - no sense in worring can't change the outcome.

You talk to us all you need, Heidi. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter