current summary of details on Passholder Program

ms.ojo said:
Yes, for right now the system only allows arrivals as late as 11/26....but departure dates up until 12/19. (pretty long trip!! LOL)
I would hope you can enter a departure date later than 12/19 because you are supposed to be able to book a trip with an arrival date through 12/19. If I can check-in on 12/19, I hope they won't make me checkout the same day!

Bottom line is, the Best Rate booking system is definitely not working correctly. You are supposed to be able to book with an arrival date through 12/19 but the system doesn't let you specify an arrival date in december at all, and if you specify an arrival date later than nov 26th you get an error.

CAJUNWDWFAN said:
Alright, here is my situation.

WDW vacation planned for Dec. 11th to 20th.
Split stay, two resorts POR and WL.
Room only reservations. One night's deposit paid on each reservation.

I booked rack rate in April and I'm hoping for an AP rate.
I've already ordered and received my AP vouchers in May.

1. To join the AP Best Rate program would I have to cancel my existing reservations?

2. Would I have to put two Nonrefundable deposits down? (for each reservation?)

3. Since I have AP vouchers, I can't access the AP section of the Disney website. How is this going to work since the AP Best rate program must be booked online?

4. Now, if I decide not to join this AP Best Rate program (or cannot) and hope for an AP rate on my own. What are my chances to get an AP discount applied to my current rack rate reservations?

thanks,

1. I would make new reservations using the passholder website and then once you had your confirmation numbers, then cancel your existing reservations. But, yes, there is no sense in having two, especially since the online ressie is nonrefundable.

2. Yes, 2 nonrefundable deposits

3. There are threads on this board that talk about using a voucher number. Some are saying it can be done. Do a search for recent postings mentioning vouchers.

4. Chances will be smaller than before simply because the Best Rate Program customers will get the discount first, leaving fewer rooms available for discounted rates. You could still get one, it will just be harder and there will be fewer.

Hope that helps!

That helps. Thanks.

The one thing that might stop me from using this new program would be that I cannot use my personal credit card for the deposits. I'm lucky enought to have my parents paying for our upcoming trip and as I read on the AP website it states that the credit card with the AP's name on it has to be used. It doesn't say anything about allowing the use of a second party's credit card.

Yes that credit card thing sucks. We need to book 2 rooms for December because my daughter and husband are coming. Now we could book 1 room for me and my daughter using my AP and the other for my husband and son-in-law and use his AP. The problem is that I like to put everything on my credit card for the points so I guess if we can do this, I will have to lose the points and my husband's cc doesn't give points - oh well I guess I can live with that if they ever straighten out the system.

freediverdude said:
I have a question that someone here at work brought up, and maybe someone who is speaking with CRO would be able to find out? Or maybe we'll find out when we try to do it and it doesn't work.....lol......but my co-worker has a florida resident seasonal pass. I am assuming that this pass will allow her to use this new program, but the question that came up is, will the system allow her to book reservations that would occur during the blackout dates of the pass? I don't know if the system is that smart or not to block out those dates, but thought I would ask.

room discounts are not blocked out in accordance with pass block outs. many seasonal passholders book rooms and enjoy resort amenities and restaurants without actually visiting the parks during those days. or they buy a play pass for the blocked out days.

I am working on updating this! :) I am just trying to get straight answers. I'm getting different answers from different people. On hold now trying to get some details ironed out. Sales was saying that this will be the only option for passholder discounts. Basically, guest services is saying that "maybe" you'll still be able to call in. They aren't sure yet. The agent I spoke with said she wouldn't expect to see call in rates available beyond October 4th untill at least September 1st. It sounds like they are being told that calls ins will depend on the success of the online program.

I asked if they would honor other passholder rates:
-answer from sales: "there won't be others, this is it." I pushed and asked what if this program wasn't as successful as they hoped and they released call in rates for last minute travel. She said if that were to happen, then they would be higher than the best rate program rates. Best rate program rates are guaranteed to be the lowest general public rates available. When I pushed on that she said that passholder and Fla resident rates are considered public rates. By public rates they mean rates announced to the general public rather than rates sent privately to one family be means of an email or pin.
-answer from guest services, was basically that nothing offered to passholders or "for anyone" rates will be less than the best rate program rates.

what about AAA rates?
-answer from both: they have always been totally separate from AP rates so there was no difference now. Passholders will have to decide which they want to book.

who is elligible:
-AP, PAP and Florida resident seasonal passholders

change fee:
-$50 change fee will apply to anything that reduces the total price of the package including changing dates, resorts, views, number of people, ages of child etc. If the total cost of the package remains the same or increases, then the fee will be waived

deposit/payments:
-1 night deposit must be made online at the time of booking. No monies can be applied on the phone. This includes calling to make payments before arrival (though it looks like you can make those payments online).
-balance is due at check in.
-deposit is completely nonrefundable
-deposit must be made with a credit card in the passholder's name (guest services suspects it will accept a spouse's name but they hadn't tested it)

dates from 10/5 to 10/15:
-sales says "sorry." She then said keep on the lookout, another offer may become availble even if it isn't a passholder offer.

vouchers:
-if you make a reservation with a voucher, it is validated with your name so no one else will be able to exchange it later. In other words, don't buy your voucher, book a room, order a DDE card and then expect to sell the voucher on ebay and buy less expensive tickets (not saying anyone here would do that! ;) )
-yes, you will have to have the voucher in hand. The software isn't set up to be able to do a purchase of a voucher at the same time. It needs to validate the voucher. Maybe in the future.

discounts available:
-it is just like everything else, limited # of rooms available on the program. I could get no info on what rates to expect if there is availability. No info on if it was a flat % or $ amount off or what.

rates beyond 11/26:
-they should be available "soon." No idea on when soon might be, but just soon. ;)

The big thing that is still up in the air is will there be any call in rates available under 120 days? (one person I spoke with said they suspected the possibility that if there are enough rooms available to warrant discounting them that we may see general public discounts rather than AP disocunts on them, but they were quick to say that was pure speculation on their part and not based on anything he had been told.) Friday and this weekend everyone was saying there would absolutely be call ins for less than 120 days, now it's "maybe."

So that's what I have. At least the rates being quoted are discounted now!

Clear and concise, thanks for taking the time to spell it out for us.

Just last week I had considered upgrading my PHPs to an AP so that I could partake in DDE, get a good AP rate for Oct and a weekend in January, but no way I'm gonna do that now. Guess I'll just see how discounts go and book closer to date.

I hope they work the kinks out of the system (and make it a little more user-beneficial!).

I posted on a couple of the other threads...I was able to login (finally!) and get AKL concierge for Oct. 26 for $457. The rack rate is $546. So it seems the discounts are being enabled in the system, it just may be taking a while for them to filter down.

wow - that's great....I tried looking for Poly Concierge and even AKL last night and couldn't get any. I hope there is availablilty when I get home tonight!

I really am excited ya'll are getting rates!! And so far ahead!!!
We are going in January, we are going to participate in this program if it is extended. For us, we know we HAVE to have a hotel room for the two days before our DVC rental, we might as well go ahead and book. I was excited to see if you UPGRADED your view the $50 penalty would be waived. That is great since I don't know how deep the discounts will be I am booking just standard view at AKL.

I'm just learning about this new program from reading this site. We've been pass holders for several years now, but I guess I haven't read the last mickey monitor or something. Anyway, this sounds like a great program! I'm so happy about this new way of doing it, it sounds great. Way to go, Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter