current summary of details on Passholder Program

I would like to ask Disney if they are going to fix bugs in the current online booking system? For example not being able to book a room online for 5 if one member of the party is 2 years old and not being able to book rooms at POR that sleep 5 with the trundle bed.

Lollipopmom it sounds like you are a TA? If you are would you PM me where you work? TIA

thanks that helps having it cleared up a little. I am going in Dec though and as of today you can only book until Nov 26th. so i guess i will keep checking.

Hey Lollipop Mom. Thought I'd bring this thread back to the top. Not sure if you'll post here...or where, w/ the updates you receive this morning from your inquiries. Eagerly awaiting new!!! :goodvibes

I'm eager to hear more info too.
Right now, we have VWL booked for five nights through DVC and were hoping for a discount on AKL for the weekend following. I'm not about losing money in case the "discounted" rates aren't as good as the past and we have to move resorts.
Also, we do not plan on getting our APs until check-in, as our money is tied up now in a DL vacation for the beginning of August, and buying an AP voucher for $420 two weeks later is out of the question to book a room 120 days out.

we too are fla residents and i wonder what will happen. I did go online to check dates for our oct 12-14 trip and we are just out of the 120 day mark. whats up with that? I do not like the idea of giving them a nonrefundable deposit and wait to see if I get more of a discount- come on..

I'm confused about the 120 or more bit and they say valid until December 19. We want to have 1 night before our DVC trip so we need December 9th - should be able to do it right?? Well when I go on the site, it only goes up until November but your departure date can be in December. So just playing with dates I put November 28 - December 10 (which would be our check out date since I really only want one day). It said the arrival date had to be prior to November 26th???? I'm so confused. Do you know anything about this?

Apparently, the site is not available yet. You should be able to book your stay now, but the website is not working correctly. Hopefully, they will have this fixed soon.

It is confusing! You MUST book AT LEAST 120 days prior to your arrival date in order to book online using this new system. Let's say for example, you wanted to book for Oct. 1 as your arrival date. That is 103 days away. You're too late to book on the new system. You have to book it before that 120 day mark.

So, you're right. You should be able to book your stay for Dec. 9th, but unfortunately, the system is still not working correctly.

I feel very sorry for the people who are approaching the 120 mark and can't book the "new" way because the system isn't working.

barb45 said:
I'm confused about the 120 or more bit and they say valid until December 19. We want to have 1 night before our DVC trip so we need December 9th - should be able to do it right?? Well when I go on the site, it only goes up until November but your departure date can be in December. So just playing with dates I put November 28 - December 10 (which would be our check out date since I really only want one day). It said the arrival date had to be prior to November 26th???? I'm so confused. Do you know anything about this?

Yes, for right now the system only allows arrivals as late as 11/26....but departure dates up until 12/19. (pretty long trip!! LOL)

I spoke with both CRO and Guest Services this morning. They say this program begins 10/15, of course my reservation is 10/14. I only need one night before moving to DVC.

I have already paid the rack rate in full and this reservation was made a few months ago. I asked if they could apply this to my current reservation, but was told no, it starts 10/15 and can only be booked online. I explained the information released to TA apparently lists 10/8 as the start date. Guest services told to e-mail the folks via the contact us button on disneyworld.com to see if they were able to clarify things any further.

I have done so and will let you know their response. :crazy:

The start date of 10/15 assumes you were able to make a ressie last Friday...exactly 120 days out. Seeing this was the first day it was offered, didn't work for most of us most of the day, not to mention watching several changes going on in the midst of it being rolled out. 10/15 happens to be our arrival date, and yet I don't see how we were really eligible to participate either!

:confused3 I find it astounding that Disney would roll out a plan that they obviously have so many bugs yet to work out. I can't think of many companies that wouldn't be mortified to have their public image look so dissheveled and would actually think it was up to their loyal customers to help them work out the kinks. Is anyone minding the store? I would think there should be some sales and marketing execs updating their resumes this morning.

snowmouse: I explained that exact situation to both CRO and Guest Services. Telling them both there was no way I could have possibly booked online due to the time constraints with this offers release. CRO could not offer any assistance saying this must be booked online, but Guest Services said he could add this to my reservation if I wanted to change to 10/15. Which is not possible for me, but you might want to call them. :crazy:

I did tell him that I expected them to receive a lot of calls about 10/8-10/20.

Alright, here is my situation.

WDW vacation planned for Dec. 11th to 20th.
Split stay, two resorts POR and WL.
Room only reservations. One night's deposit paid on each reservation.

I booked rack rate in April and I'm hoping for an AP rate.
I've already ordered and received my AP vouchers in May.

1. To join the AP Best Rate program would I have to cancel my existing reservations?

2. Would I have to put two Nonrefundable deposits down? (for each reservation?)

3. Since I have AP vouchers, I can't access the AP section of the Disney website. How is this going to work since the AP Best rate program must be booked online?

4. Now, if I decide not to join this AP Best Rate program (or cannot) and hope for an AP rate on my own. What are my chances to get an AP discount applied to my current rack rate reservations?

thanks,

Ok, maybe I read something wrong but if the new program doesn't start until 10/15 then why are they putting it out there now months before hand. Does this mean that the program starts for reservations starting 10/15 or it actually doesn't start period until 10/15??

Man, is someone smoking to much pixie dust over there or what?

cobbler - 10/15 is because that is/or was the manditory 120 days or more away from your booking date.

I have a question that someone here at work brought up, and maybe someone who is speaking with CRO would be able to find out? Or maybe we'll find out when we try to do it and it doesn't work.....lol......but my co-worker has a florida resident seasonal pass. I am assuming that this pass will allow her to use this new program, but the question that came up is, will the system allow her to book reservations that would occur during the blackout dates of the pass? I don't know if the system is that smart or not to block out those dates, but thought I would ask.

Does this mean that the program starts for reservations starting 10/15 or it actually doesn't start period until 10/15??
That's exactly what I was wondering.

I just got my AP voucher in the mail last week. I didn't look at it very closely, just stuffed it in my trip planning basket, but I did notice that it didn't look like the vouchers I had before. My previous voucher was one of the "paper" vouchers that looks almost exactly like a regular ticket. This new one is bright green plastic. I wonder if it's different because of the new system? I've never ordered a ticket from CRO before, so that could also be the difference.

I just used my AP voucher to get on the passholder website and one thing I also noticed at the bottom was that there is a clause stating that the credit card used to put the deposit must be in the name of the adult AP holder.
This wouldn't work for me. What if you are like me where my parents paid for our hotel reservations and got the AP's in my name. We didn't charge our ressies to my credit card but to my parents.

Oh, when I tried to check availablity for our trip Dec. 11th to 20th.
it wouldn't let me select arrival date in december.

cobbler said:
Ok, maybe I read something wrong but if the new program doesn't start until 10/15 then why are they putting it out there now months before hand. Does this mean that the program starts for reservations starting 10/15 or it actually doesn't start period until 10/15??

Man, is someone smoking to much pixie dust over there or what?
You have to book AT LEAST 120 days ahead of time with this new program. So as of today (June 20) you can book trips for check-in dates of Oct 18th or later. If you wait until tomorrow, you can no longer book that same trip because due to the 120 day advance booking requirement, the earliest check-in date you could book would be Oct 19th or later. So the Best Rates booking application is up and running and you could begin booking trips as of last Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter