Current free dining offer expires May 18. What's next? (Looking for rumors!)

Add me to those waiting for free dining in December. It was offered last year during the week we are going. I heard from someone's TA that they would be surprised if any more free dining was offered for the rest of the year :sad2:

I fully expect a GP offer. The wording of the latest FD PIN was "Get a first look at a tasty fall offer". That to me (and the few CMs I spoke with) indicates that there will be something offered to the public. It is still extremely early. Last year's offer didn't come until Aug. 3. I think it will come before that, but I won't stress about it until we get past the first week of Aug.

Add me to those waiting for free dining in December. It was offered last year during the week we are going. I heard from someone's TA that they would be surprised if any more free dining was offered for the rest of the year :sad2:
I would be surprised if it WASN'T offered for late fall-I saw tons of availability for Aug.-Sept. FD like I have not seen for the past 4 or 5 years right up until the offer expired.Booking must be lower this year,hence,Late Fall FD will more than likely happen!I wonder what that TA is baseing that speculation on?FD rooms with people in them are better than empty rooms.;)

I fully expect a GP offer. The wording of the latest FD PIN was "Get a first look at a tasty fall offer". That to me (and the few CMs I spoke with) indicates that there will be something offered to the public. It is still extremely early. Last year's offer didn't come until Aug. 3. I think it will come before that, but I won't stress about it until we get past the first week of Aug.

I do as well. I hope it's announced a bit earlier than last year's offer was.
I'm just hoping the dates are a bit different than the pin people were getting for December. We check-in on the 8th, I'd love to only have to book a 1 night room only ressie if possible. I'd be thrilled if they began it on December 8th, like last year, but will be just as happy if they begin it on December 9th. :santa:popcorn::

Now this is exactly what I needed to hear! I will be really sad if I have to cancel. This will likely be the last trip I get to take with all 3 of my kids as 1 is graduating from college and will be moving on to bigger and better things!

Well I am surprised that the pins so far are blacking out Jersey Week. When I check rooms on the site there are rooms in every resort in every category, even the Contemp standard garden wings. There are not many of those rooms and they usual book up fast. Shocked that there are still some left at less than 5 months out.

Well I am surprised that the pins so far are blacking out Jersey Week. When I check rooms on the site there are rooms in every resort in every category, even the Contemp standard garden wings. There are not many of those rooms and they usual book up fast. Shocked that there are still some left at less than 5 months out.

Here's to hoping they'll unblock it then!! We can only check in 11/3, so so far no deals for us :(

I do as well. I hope it's announced a bit earlier than last year's offer was.
I'm just hoping the dates are a bit different than the pin people were getting for December. We check-in on the 8th, I'd love to only have to book a 1 night room only ressie if possible. I'd be thrilled if they began it on December 8th, like last year, but will be just as happy if they begin it on December 9th. :santa:popcorn::

I'm also hoping for December 8th.

A lot of people think it will open Dec. 10th (following the expected Pop Warner week blackout) because that's what the pin offers are saying.

But December 8th would be more consistent with past years' offers (last year FD openend on the last day of Pop Warner, which was Saturday, December 10. This year, the last day of Pop Warner, is Saturday, December 8).

A lot of people think it will open Dec. 10th (following the expected Pop Warner week blackout) because that's what the pin offers are saying.

But December 8th would be more consistent with past years' offers (last year FD openend on the last day of Pop Warner, which was Saturday, December 10. This year, the last day of Pop Warner, is Saturday, December 8).

I'm curious about this as well. We are going in october and the pins seem to be valid through check in dates of Oct 4th (thursday before Columbus day). However, last years GP discount included check in dates up to the Saturday before Columbus Day. We check in on the 4th so hopefully will be ok, but we have family that isn't arriving until the 6th and was hoping they would get something.

That's what I've been thinking as well. Last year, we checked in on December 10th with FD. So, I'm really hoping the check-in dates are a bit earlier than the pins. Fingers crossed for better dates & for the Liitle Mermaid section at AoA will be included as well!

I can't wait anymore for a Dec discount! :lmao:
We're booked Dec 8-11th at AOA. I really want a % off the room so maybe I can move hotels. We'll be getting off of DCL on 12/8 so this is a bonus but I'm trying to save $$.

come one Disney!!!

From what I read, Pop Warner has differe days they are being there compared to past years. I think they are staying a day longer or a day later....something like that, which is why those dates are blocked. I do know that bouncback had the same dates blocked as well.

Jersey week was blacked out on bounceback dates too. I currently only am getting that room discount on two of my days thats why I'm hoping for free dining!

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

We're thinking about a last minute(ish) trip in Aug. I would love it if the next round of FD overlapped the last offer & included our dates.

:tinker:Would love a little bit o pixie dust

I called the week everyone started talking about the free dining pin and had nothing. :confused3

I called just now and I have a free dining offer attached to my name.:cool1:

The first time I called they asked for my address and said there was nothing on my household. This time the CM looked it up by my phone number. Not sure if it makes a difference or if it was added to my name between times that I called.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

I am hoping a GP offer will come out earlier than last year's. Gas is way higher than a year ago and there is a lot of availability for my Oct. dates. People need to plan and August release of an offer doesn't give much time for many.

So sick of waiting and not knowing for sure what we'll be paying!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We ended up booking for one of the dates in October that was listed with the free dining pin hoping that it is pretty much the same if/when it is announced to the general public. Here's hoping!!!! (or hoping that we get a pin!! We didn't have one three weeks ago, but maybe....)

ok so what is this pin and how do you get it? yes newbie here :)

Its not a general public discount, its a PIN which is sent randomly through email or snail mail to ppl. Just make sure you have an account with disney, sign up for the free planning dvd and thats about all you can do. YOu can also call disney to see if you have any PINs attached to your name

Its not a general public discount, its a PIN which is sent randomly through email or snail mail to ppl. Just make sure you have an account with disney, sign up for the free planning dvd and thats about all you can do. YOu can also call disney to see if you have any PINs attached to your name

silly ? do you have the link where I set up an account? I'll do anything, ok, almost anything it takes to get this deal to work. All I've done is request the disney planning dvd. ordered those last week, how long should they take to arrive? And thank you so much for your help!

Go here:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/

In the upper left-hand corner under the Walt Disney World logo, you'll see an area where it says create an account or log in. Click on it and you should be able to set up an account from there. :goodvibes

ETA: It took our disk several weeks to arrive. Good luck in your quest to get a PIN! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter