Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is saying this was planned to take it down now for the re-theme - but I think fair to wonder if the fix would take 3+ months to do (for example) do they just go ahead with the re-theme now at the same time vs taking it down for several months now and then several months again later

Exactly. If it’s something major, they may want to just roll fixing it into the re-theme downtime.

I don't think anyone is saying this was planned to take it down now for the re-theme - but I think fair to wonder if the fix would take 3+ months to do (for example) do they just go ahead with the re-theme now at the same time vs taking it down for several months now and then several months again later

If its nothing major-major, they’ll bring it back. The outrage of closing it without notice would far exceed the outrage of even Disney milking the ride with new and farewell merchandise for the next 2 years. If its an issue where the ride needs to be down for 6 months, then yeah maybe they’ll cut their losses. But its also very likely that Splash, because of the circumstances you could argue is the most important ride at MK to have open for the 50th/when Tron opens to spread crowds out. And considering budgetary restrictions I doubt the budget called for the re-theme before 2022 at the earliest anyway, so would they really spend the money now in the middle of a financial disaster where their parks aren’t generating much profit, or would they keep the ride abandoned for 2+ years in the midst of their biggest celebration yet?

You might say the situation was ...

[Removes sunglasses]

... fluid

[puts sunglasses back on and walks away from post]

tenor.gif

Wait, am I losing it or didn't they JUST increase the hours like a week or two ago???
They did for July weekends I thought maybe 2-3 weeks ago? Weekdays as far as I can tell have been pretty consistent with the 9-6 hours.
I've been waiting to see how August hours shake out and they were added not that long ago for the 2nd week.

How in the World are they going to keep the little ones physically distanced?!?

Presumably some adult brought them to Disney lol, so the same way as everything else?

I’ve never seen chaos at that show, kids generally stay in one spot with their adult(s). I’d hope they’re smart enough to give each group enough space for kids to dance around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter