Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair warning, friends. The no mask/no photo rule is true - even when it isn't your family! I made sure my kids' masks were well-covering their noses before the Pirates picture and I got the below from Photopass when I contacted them. I can only assume it was the party in the back of the boat with us. Also, they said they didn't find the HM photo, but it is in my account. I'm thinking they second-guessed it because I had put my hands up over (not touching) my mask to make a fake surprised face for the photo. It was in my account after all. You know they have the ability to edit the photos. With only two parties per boat, you'd think they could zoom into the family that's following the rules. Heck - WE used to be able to zoom into our family before the borders and all were added. Now that they do it for you, the pictures are no where near as good. My son's little face is lost in the snowflakes of the front row Frozen picture.
----------------------------
Here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we hold the safety of our Guests to a very high standard and our photos are no exception.

Based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and in alignment with local government regulations, face coverings are required to be worn by all persons age 2 and older at the Walt Disney World Resort. At this time, when individuals do not wear a face covering at the Walt Disney World Resort, it compromises the health and safety of other Guests and our Cast. If Guests feel they cannot wear a face covering, we understand and recognize this may not be the best or right time to visit.

Regretfully, the other Haunted Mansion® Attraction and the Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction photos did not meet this standard and they have been deleted from our system. We apologize that we are unable to provide you with these memories.

PS - I LOVE Billy Flannigan (Superman at the end). I think the saddest part of Disney for me last week was walking passed the closed, empty, silent Nemo Show. It's my family's favorite!

You also have to be careful about masks that look too close to human faces. All the pictures I had taken with a Batman face mask (from Batman the Animated Series) didn't show up. I thought it might get flagged, but then I thought that there was no way I was going to get mistaken for an animated super hero. They all got flagged, but I did get some nice comments about my mask from cast members. Maybe I should e-mail and ask, but I'm not too broken up about it.

I'm guessing that's why there's no Captain America mask.

By the way @yulilin3 thank you for checking out non-Disney parks as it's very important to see how all theme parks are navigating our world now and not just Disney (even tho this is a Disney-oriented site). Personally, I bought the SW/BG Plat AP when it went on steep discount a month ago but haven't gone yet because I've been having a hard time getting viewpoints on how things are doing there while everyone seems focused on Disney. Your reports have been helpful to so many of us and I thank you. :)

My husband and 3yr old grandson go to SW at least once a week since it reopened. He feels very safe there and the employees are doing a great job keeping people socially distanced and trying to enforce mask compliance.

I know the Splash downtime wasn't planned, but is there any chance the work to fix it would be extensive enough that they would either just put it off until they can roll it into the larger project or move up the project sooner (or both)? It sounds like it was a pretty big issue that caused it to go down in the first place.

These are HORRIBLE masks. I also bought them and they are awful. They also don't look quite right, the sides flare out inside of against your face, they are hot (like plastic against your face hot), and leave you with a chemical taste in your mouth. Huge waste of money.
I have bought two boxes - one from Costco and one from Office Depot. I wonder if you got a bad batch.

I have bought two boxes - one from Costco and one from Office Depot. I wonder if you got a bad batch.

I'm not sure. The stamp on the masks says BYD electronics even though the pic on the office depot website just showed BYD.

I had to get different masks, I couldn't even make it though a few hours in those.

lol people, if they were shutting down splash for the retheme, they wouldn't be closing it down in the middle of the day when people were in line. When they plan to do it, a date will be known ahead of time

I don't think anyone is saying this was planned to take it down now for the re-theme - but I think fair to wonder if the fix would take 3+ months to do (for example) do they just go ahead with the re-theme now at the same time vs taking it down for several months now and then several months again later

I don't think anyone is saying this was planned to take it down now for the re-theme - but I think fair to wonder if the fix would take 3+ months to do (for example) do they just go ahead with the re-theme now at the same time vs taking it down for several months now and then several months again later

Thank you, yes. That's all I was wondering. I'm sure their preference is to get it back online ASAP and I agree it's one of the few things they have going for them right now to get people into the park (the notion that Splash will be going down for a re-theme at some point in the future). But it also seems like this might have been a particularly bad breakdown, so who knows what they might do?

These are HORRIBLE masks. I also bought them and they are awful. They also don't look quite right, the sides flare out inside of against your face, they are hot (like plastic against your face hot), and leave you with a chemical taste in your mouth. Huge waste of money.
Love these masks! I bought two boxes and used them exclusively on my recent 5nt WDW trip and will use them again when I go back in Sept. Of course, YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter