Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair warning, friends. The no mask/no photo rule is true - even when it isn't your family! I made sure my kids' masks were well-covering their noses before the Pirates picture and I got the below from Photopass when I contacted them. I can only assume it was the party in the back of the boat with us. Also, they said they didn't find the HM photo, but it is in my account. I'm thinking they second-guessed it because I had put my hands up over (not touching) my mask to make a fake surprised face for the photo. It was in my account after all. You know they have the ability to edit the photos. With only two parties per boat, you'd think they could zoom into the family that's following the rules. Heck - WE used to be able to zoom into our family before the borders and all were added. Now that they do it for you, the pictures are no where near as good. My son's little face is lost in the snowflakes of the front row Frozen picture.
----------------------------
Here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we hold the safety of our Guests to a very high standard and our photos are no exception.

Based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and in alignment with local government regulations, face coverings are required to be worn by all persons age 2 and older at the Walt Disney World Resort. At this time, when individuals do not wear a face covering at the Walt Disney World Resort, it compromises the health and safety of other Guests and our Cast. If Guests feel they cannot wear a face covering, we understand and recognize this may not be the best or right time to visit.

Regretfully, the other Haunted Mansion® Attraction and the Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction photos did not meet this standard and they have been deleted from our system. We apologize that we are unable to provide you with these memories.

PS - I LOVE Billy Flannigan (Superman at the end). I think the saddest part of Disney for me last week was walking passed the closed, empty, silent Nemo Show. It's my family's favorite!
Billy has been with the company for so long. I loved him in Tarzan rocks and he used to be the pump the audience guy for the tapings of the Christmas parade before Mark

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Please sweet baby cheezit! I gotta ride Splash one more time!!!!

I doubt its done. It’s been the biggest people eater since the parks reopened. They’ll need it next year with Tron opening and potentially much bigger crowds if things get back to “normal”

I hope it’s back up by our trip in late August

Me too. I’ll be devastated if I don’t get on it at least one more time. If its open in August and October when I go, its going to be very frequent during my MK days.

I’d also like to note that I’m in full agreement that the ride changing is for the best and I do not condone the nature of the property the characters come from. But that doesn’t mean ill miss the ride any less

Any conjecture as to when APs will go on sale again?

I bought 4-day Fl resident tickets at the end of May from Undercover Tourist right after Disney stopped selling tickets. Now I wish I'd waited because I paid full price and now the Fl resident special-priced tickets are back, but that's not a huge deal. When I activated the tickets at Guest Relations last week I asked the CM about APs because we'd like to upgrade if we could. He said he didn't know when they'd go on sale but he'd put a note in our file to allow us to apply the price of the tickets we bought toward APs once they're available again. Is it possible to do this with Uncercover Tourist tickets, since I didn't actually give Disney any money directly?

Also, if I use up these 4-day tickets and then buy another Fl resident 4-day ticket at the special price, do you think they'd let me apply that cost toward the AP as well? That might be pushing it.

I bought 4-day Fl resident tickets at the end of May from Undercover Tourist right after Disney stopped selling tickets. Now I wish I'd waited because I paid full price and now the Fl resident special-priced tickets are back, but that's not a huge deal. When I activated the tickets at Guest Relations last week I asked the CM about APs because we'd like to upgrade if we could. He said he didn't know when they'd go on sale but he'd put a note in our file to allow us to apply the price of the tickets we bought toward APs once they're available again. Is it possible to do this with Uncercover Tourist tickets, since I didn't actually give Disney any money directly?

Also, if I use up these 4-day tickets and then buy another Fl resident 4-day ticket at the special price, do you think they'd let me apply that cost toward the AP as well? That might be pushing it.

They usually allow you to use the price of daily tickets towards the cost of an AP, but usually it has to be within a certain amount of time, like a couple weeks. With them not allowing the purchase of new APs, they should give a little leeway to that, but for some reason I doubt they will. I dont think APs will be sold until park hopping is allowed again, unless the restructure the cost.

Yes its possible for them to notate and allow this. I dont think they would do it for 2 but policies have been changing so ya never know.

I arrived early at MK today by bus and it was glorious. No packed bus, no stampede to security, no wait whatsoever for entry, a leisurely stroll down Main Street, plenty of photo opportunities around the castle and then a slow walk into an empty Liberty Square. There were plenty of latecomers to the park to fill the emptiness as the day progressed, but early was definitely the way to go for avoiding entry crowds. During the day, I wanted to enjoy those low waits that people have been talking about, so I kept looking at the wait times to determine the opportune times to ride attractions. For example, Astro Orbiter was 25 minutes most of the day, but I waited until late afternoon when it had dropped to 5 minutes. Not counting stores, which are a free-for-all, the only incident I had with other people was when I was sitting on a bench at HoP and a guy walked up and leaned in a foot away from me to read the portrait label behind me. I had to literally tell him to back off. So far I’m very pleased with this trip and the safety measures.

Fair warning, friends. The no mask/no photo rule is true - even when it isn't your family! I made sure my kids' masks were well-covering their noses before the Pirates picture and I got the below from Photopass when I contacted them. I can only assume it was the party in the back of the boat with us. Also, they said they didn't find the HM photo, but it is in my account. I'm thinking they second-guessed it because I had put my hands up over (not touching) my mask to make a fake surprised face for the photo. It was in my account after all. You know they have the ability to edit the photos. With only two parties per boat, you'd think they could zoom into the family that's following the rules. Heck - WE used to be able to zoom into our family before the borders and all were added. Now that they do it for you, the pictures are no where near as good. My son's little face is lost in the snowflakes of the front row Frozen picture.
----------------------------
Here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we hold the safety of our Guests to a very high standard and our photos are no exception.

Based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and in alignment with local government regulations, face coverings are required to be worn by all persons age 2 and older at the Walt Disney World Resort. At this time, when individuals do not wear a face covering at the Walt Disney World Resort, it compromises the health and safety of other Guests and our Cast. If Guests feel they cannot wear a face covering, we understand and recognize this may not be the best or right time to visit.

Regretfully, the other Haunted Mansion® Attraction and the Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction photos did not meet this standard and they have been deleted from our system. We apologize that we are unable to provide you with these memories.

PS - I LOVE Billy Flannigan (Superman at the end). I think the saddest part of Disney for me last week was walking passed the closed, empty, silent Nemo Show. It's my family's favorite!
Wait since when is there a HM pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter