Credits unpooled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merriwind

Always looking for an excuse to go to WDW...
This was posted this morning in the "Can I use adult TS and pay out of pocket for child at same meal?" thread on this board.

The credits are no longer pooled. I think this new system went into effect 4 days ago.

Can anyone confirm this? This would be huge news for the DDP. I know that this would make some folks very happy, while decimating others' plans.

This was discussed in some recent threads. Basically the new brochure states that entitlements cannot be shared between children and adults. If/how they are enforcing this has not yet been reported (or if it has I missed it), but I think we will have to wait and see what comes of this new disclosure on the brochure. :)

Hopefully someone will be back soon to give us the 411!

subscribing- I'm curious to hear how this all pans out. hopefully someone will come back from WDW and inform us all.

I hadn't read that the computer system changes had taken place yet, but the brochure recently came out that clarified that adults couldn't use "child meal entitlements".

We are here right now, and the credits are still being pooled. All each receipt says at bottom is a total of credits available, and it does not break it down into child/adult credits. The servers are doing a great job of keeping things running smoothly though, as each and everytime we sit down with our 3 year old, they point out her children's menu first.

Not trying to start a debate (my hubby and I just had this conversation last night), but the problems that we see are with QS/CS places - we are very honest people;therefore, we order children's meals for our daughter (places like Earl of Sandwich though let you order whatever you want for children - they specifically mention that they don't have a restriction when ordering), but at most CS places, one adult orders and one adult gets table, so in fact, it's easy to order adult meals as just regular credits are shown on receipt. We realized this issue yesterday at Tusker House for instance. We haven't seen many people on the DP actually - it's easy to spot at CS places because everyone has pretty much the same configuration - fountain drink, entree and dessert (most places only one have 1 or 2 dessert choices to choose from it seems).

Anyway, we are eating well, as we do at home, and are enjoying our DP. Food is part our WDW vacation, so it's a pleasure for us to eat at our favourite restaurants again!

Happy eating, Tiger

Well I guess, we have our answer. Disney has not unpooled the credits and while the rest of you are free to debate to your hearts' content, I will be using my DD7's counter credits as adult meals in August.

The "debate" is over. The new brochure says you can't use child "entitlements" for adult meals.

The only question is if you'll be able to cheat in August. None of us know when/if Disney will seperate the credits or stop pooling them. I can't imagine Disney is going to be just relying on the "honor system". Too many guests aren't honorable.

punkin said:
Well I guess, we have our answer. Disney has not unpooled the credits and while the rest of you are free to debate to your hearts' content, I will be using my DD7's counter credits as adult meals in August.

Lewisc said:
The only question is if you'll be able to cheat in August....Too many guests aren't honorable.

That's right. According to your definition, I will be cheating and I am not honorable. I choose to see it as ordering meals for my child that she may actually eat. You may flame away now.

punkin said:
That's right. According to your definition, I will be cheating and I am not honorable. I choose to see it as ordering meals for my child that she may actually eat. You may flame away now.

Actually it's not my definition, it's written in black and white. I'm one of the posters who didn't have any problem with guests using the plan as written. I'm consistent, Disney has spelled out the new rules and honest guests follow the rules.

I don't have any problem with ordering meals your child will eat, I just wonder why you think that justifies stealing the food? Just because your child doesn't eat the food that's included doesn't give you a right to break the rules.

We don't when when the computer system will catch up to the new rules. You may be OK or you may have to actually pay for what you order.

I'll agree with part of your point. Disney probably needs to come up with a way to handle children that eat like adults. Right now the best solution is to eat in buffet restaurants.

Actually, I think the solution to this is for Disney to come up with kids' meals that kids will actually eat. I think it's ridiculous that at Pinocchio's, for instance, there is pizza on the adult menu but not on the kids' menu. I know that my DD5 will want the pizza if that's what her mom & dad are having. If we get the DDP and are able to do so, I will be using a CS credit to buy her pizza instead of chilled chicken or the other gross choice there.

No menu is ever going to satisfy every family in the World.

There are so many options: go to a different CS, order something different if you think your child can't handle seeing you eat something in particular, share part of your meal with your child and nibble on the kids meal together.

There is also nothing to prevent you getting a CS meal at one place for one person and something else at another CS. You could all sit at the second restaurant. Obviously this is a bit of a hassle but if everyone is that particular. :confused3

And don't forget the menus that are posted on the internet are often not complete. ;)

punkin said:

That is OK Punkin! You and I can be in cahoots together. I will not be keeping tabs on what I have used (child vs. adult) until Disney does it FOR ME on the bottom of the reciept or with some other seperated system. We will not all be eating at each meal so that is too much hassle for me to keep track. If a new system keeping track of C vs. A is in place by the time I go than I am fine with that as well.

As an interesting note: Everyone here on the DIS praises people for buying the person's meal behind them in line when they have CS left over. The plan states that it is non transferrable ... so that is cheating the system as well. I expect them to be called out from now on! I'll be watching! popcorn::

Also: MNSSHP and MVMCP information CLEARLY states that the party starts at 7:00 yet people routinely go in as early as 4:00 and that is encouraged on the DIS. That is stealing a day of MK admission ... just because the CM's let you get away with it does not make it OK.

I could go on and on ....

So everyone slips by the "rules" when they feel it suits them but are all very quick to call "thief! thief!" as well.

So whaddaya say ... want to meet up in the world punkin and split a contraband CS meal?

pirate: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WDWO

Count us in with the other hardened criminals!!!! We'll be feeding DD contraband pizza right along with you. :rotfl2:

punkin said:

I for one was all for the pooled credit thing until Disney explicitly spelled it out in the brochure. Now that they have definied the policy in writing with no ambiguity my view is that even though the enforcement mechanism isn't in place the policy is that credits payed for at the child rate can not be used to purchase adult meals.

Most likely there will be nothing stoping you from doing what you want to do regarding CS meals but at least be upfront with yourself. You are using the plan in a manner that is explicitly forbidden. Nothing is forcing you from purchasing extra meals and paying for them OOP for your child. You are choosing to use a meal credit in a means that is explicitly against the rules in order to save money. You are rationalizing this behavior by saying it is for your daughter. That implies there is no other way to get your daughter food she will eat when in fact there is, simply pay for it. If the dinning plan doesn't work for you then don't get it. No one is forced to take the dinning plan.

I understand all the issues about CS meals and kids. Disney's menus are limited at best but no one is forced to order from them. The DDP simply gives you pre paid kids meals. If you decide not to eat those you can instead pay for another meal for your kid. No matter how you rationalize it with the new language in the brochure you are using the plan in a means that is not allowed in order to not pay Disney for the meal your child will be eating. By most definitions that is theft.

Personally I don't think that people using the plan as you intend to do is the end of western civilization as we know it. Some on the DIS would disagree with that but hey this is not the end of the world. Still having said that I wouldn't go around posting your intentions to engage in theft and expect to not have many posters call you to task for it.

I BET that contraband pizza will taste even better than a non-contraband one! Kind of like when you were a kid and got to stay home from school for no reason at all or faked a tummy ache! Those cartoons were even funnier because it was naughty! :happytv:

:rotfl:

I am soooooo very bad.

I won't go into how if and when they enforce this "no sharing" fiasco I plan on calling my husband "Bob" and telling them he's not really my DH who is on the DDP so we will be ordering a side salad OOP for him. (DH is over on Mission Space and is eating seperately from us.) Evil ... so very evil I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WDWO

WDWObsessed; this one's for you and all you oother pizza pilferers out there (me included):

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, Yo Ho!
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho! A pirate's life for me.

We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack.
Maraud and embezzle and even hijack.

We kindle and char, inflame and ignite.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.

We're rascals, scoundrels, villans and knaves.
We're devils and black sheep, really bad eggs!

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er-do-well cads.
Aye! But we're loved by our mommies and dads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter