COMPLETE - Disney Surprise Swap Progress

Really cute tags. I'm also lost, and I'm happy that you're supplying the instructions because I'll definitely be interested! :goodvibes

The tags were cut with the cricut - using the george cart. These are the scalloped tags which is <shift>K, cut at 5 inches.
The outline on one side & the middle piece on the other side were used cutting the same tag but with the Silhouette feature turned on.

If you don't have a cricut - you can send any of us who do your paper & we will cut if for you. I can get 3 tags to one 6x12 sheet or 6 to the 12x12. 6x12 is easier to mail to me though. Cuts out a lot of money on shipping. These can ship back in a smaller envelope.

When we get closer - I'll have a thread just on this. Along with better examples of wonderfully made tags. PN96 did a Zoo tag swap that was just awesome.

The tags were cut with the cricut - using the george cart. These are the scalloped tags which is <shift>K, cut at 5 inches.
The outline on one side & the middle piece on the other side were used cutting the same tag but with the Silhouette feature turned on.

If you don't have a cricut - you can send any of us who do your paper & we will cut if for you. I can get 3 tags to one 6x12 sheet or 6 to the 12x12. 6x12 is easier to mail to me though. Cuts out a lot of money on shipping. These can ship back in a smaller envelope.

When we get closer - I'll have a thread just on this. Along with better examples of wonderfully made tags. PN96 did a Zoo tag swap that was just awesome.

This is why I didn't do the tag swap last time -- I don't have george.

I have the "George and Basic Shapes" cart. Is that the one?
And will you lead me through this? I'll get Banana to do it with me.

I have another question, how do you make an altered/embellished paper clip?
I dont want to start a whole thread on this but want to try it.

It is George & Basic Shapes. I can cut some for anyone who doesn't have it. If you didn't get the baby bug, the only way to get it is thru ebay.

If you PM ddavis860, she will give directions on the altered clips. She makes some really great and different ones. Me, not so much. I don't make them.

Altered paperclips, slidemounts and matchbook are the remaining elements I have never made.

Did my box get there? I'm so impatient.

Slide mounts are really cool and easy to make..
check out the swap photos I did a holiday swap w/ slide mounts 2 years ago and they are GREAT!!!

not real fond of the matchbooks so I don't make those.. but that is my personal preference.

Matchbooks are the one thing I haven't made. I have a couple but I don't tend to put them on my pages- I prefer making what I like to use.

I also have a gsd file for the tag- the ones from the tag book swap that people can have if they need it. I don't have George either.

Rebecca

Matchbooks are the one thing I haven't made. I have a couple but I don't tend to put them on my pages- I prefer making what I like to use.

I also have a gsd file for the tag- the ones from the tag book swap that people can have if they need it. I don't have George either.

Rebecca

I don't know what a gsd file is. I guess that means I can't use it. I have cricut design studio and SCAL -- but I think I need to update SCAL before I can use it.

Slide mounts are really cool and easy to make..
check out the swap photos I did a holiday swap w/ slide mounts 2 years ago and they are GREAT!!!

not real fond of the matchbooks so I don't make those.. but that is my personal preference.

I remember that swap. They were really neat. Maybe I need to challenge myself to make at least one of them. Maybe we could add a slidemount and altered paperclip swap to the calendar -- late in the year. October maybe?

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread!

I don't know what a gsd file is. I guess that means I can't use it. I have cricut design studio and SCAL -- but I think I need to update SCAL before I can use it.

I know there is a way to convert GSD files to be usable by SCAL. I think you have to use Inkscape. But I don't have SCAL yet, so I don't know the specifics.

Not trying to be mean but what is the purpose of a matchbook or slide mount?
Matchbooks I dont get at all but the slide mounts do look cool but what are they for?
I will pm Debbie. I do want to try paperclips.
I think I was the original hijacker!:goodvibes

Matchbooks provide hidden journaling space. Slide mounts can be used as either a cute embellishment, or as a frame for a small photo. Oh, and missesdisney has made some cute slide mounts into a title.

No packages. The mailman won't deliver packages because he won't drive up my driveway and the road to the postoffice is a steep hill. I won't be making a post office run until the roads are clear enough to drive on.

I have packages. I braved the hill. Going down was slippery, but coming back I got to follow the snow plow. They aren't using salt today. Just sand. The roads look like it too. Wonder if there will be school tomorrow?

Anyway -

I have Mischief_Managed, MinnieGarden, JohnsonLovesDisney (that was quick-wasn't it?), rlovew and 123SA's angel pieces. I have some complete groups, but not enough to be able to mail any back. I will take some photos later. My Little Bit had a run in with an icicle and there is a slice under his eye that I need to keep an eye on. I don't think it will need stitches, but he's pretty upset as was I when I saw all the blood. Know what my photo for today's 365 will be.

Oh goodness! I hope Little Bit is okay.. how far from his eye? Poor little guy!!! Are you letting him kick the bonus bucket instead of using it? :hug:

He's not happy about the bandage on his eye. He's really not wanting to go to school tomorrow looking like he does. The good thing is it is not deep. It'll heal fine. He did kick his brother who was the one who knocked off the icicle. :rotfl2:

LOL! Well, at least he took out his anger...too bad brother didn't move fast enough!!! Good that it is not deep...

Cute tags!

I also have the george cart if anyone needs help. :goodvibes

Jeepers that was fast! sometimes if pays to be nice to the mailman i guess. I just wish my sesame street cart and the paper i ordered for the MK swap would hurry up and get here.

Were they all ok? Somethings were brilliant others not so much. But i did use a lot of extra cuts and paper laying around. :thumbsup2

Sorry in advance to all those that get the not so brilliant. :sad2:

Well there is an issue with my modem. So i wont be on for the next few days. hopefully no later than monday. I am at my moms right now. I'm gonna miss you gals :grouphug: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter