Come Celebrate The 40th With Fellow Dis'ers....October 1st! UPDATED 9/14

A week from tomorrow, we will all be celebrating in Magic Kingdom. Can't wait to meet everyone.

:cheer2::cheer2:

Would someone who is going to be at MK early on October 1 be willing to purchase an 'I Was There' 40th Anniversary Pin for me (if buying one for yourself, not asking for a special trip) and I would pay you back at 2 p.m.? While I won't be heartbroken if I don't get one, I would be thrilled to have one!

Would someone who is going to be at MK early on October 1 be willing to purchase an 'I Was There' 40th Anniversary Pin for me (if buying one for yourself, not asking for a special trip) and I would pay you back at 2 p.m.? While I won't be heartbroken if I don't get one, I would be thrilled to have one!

I was planning on buying one myself. If they allow me to buy more than one, I can pick one up for you.

A week from tomorrow, we will all be celebrating in Magic Kingdom. Can't wait to meet everyone.

:cheer2::cheer2:

A week from right now we will all be looking at the time and wondering if we can fit one more __________ (fill in the blank of your fave) before we meet at 2. :goodvibes

I was planning on buying one myself. If they allow me to buy more than one, I can pick one up for you.

From what I hear you should be able to buy two...if it turns out to be the case, I would be grateful!!! Thanks!!! :flower3:

A week from right now we will all be looking at the time and wondering if we can fit one more __________ (fill in the blank of your fave) before we meet at 2. :goodvibes

I gotta think...cupcake!!! :lmao:

I've sent the afternoon checking the backpack and cameras (4 of them) to make sure they are ready. Charging battery's, cleaning out memory cards, getting the rain gear ( :scared1: ) ready. I've even started laundry and I've gotten the bags down and ready to be packed.

I'm really excited if you can't tell! :goodvibes

We don't leave till Friday, I might be a little over prepared!

I've sent the afternoon checking the backpack and cameras (4 of them) to make sure they are ready. Charging battery's, cleaning out memory cards, getting the rain gear ( :scared1: ) ready. I've even started laundry and I've gotten the bags down and ready to be packed.

We leave on Saturday morning at the crack of dawn and have been doing the same things today! I had the suitcases up a few days ago and have been gathering items for some time...I love the prep part and it's a great way to try to make sure that the night or two prior to leaving we get some sleep. I can't wait either, so sometimes I'm resting my eyes those nights, not actually sleeping!!!

My family will be there. At least me (if not all of us) will meet up with you at 2pm at the Partners statue. I think it will be cool!

I already have a shirt designed for that day but I am thinking of adding a LGMH to the sleeve.

I will definitely check back on this thread to chat this week. We don't go until Thursday so the anniversary is toward the beginning of our trip.

Deb

So what will you be trying to fit one more of in? Mine would be if I can finish lunch first. Right now I have a 1:10pm ADR at Crystal Palace. I just found that one, still trying to find a better time.

From what I hear you should be able to buy two...if it turns out to be the case, I would be grateful!!! Thanks!!! :flower3:

I gotta think...cupcake!!! :lmao:

No problem. I would be asking the same thing, if I wasn't going to be there in the morning.

We are leaving Thursday morning and driving to Ocala, then the rest of the way Friday morning. I have had most of my stuff packed for over a week. The funny thing is I will most likely recheck everything before we leave. So I pack, just to unpack and then repack.:rotfl:

We leave on Saturday morning at the crack of dawn and have been doing the same things today! I had the suitcases up a few days ago and have been gathering items for some time...I love the prep part and it's a great way to try to make sure that the night or two prior to leaving we get some sleep. I can't wait either, so sometimes I'm resting my eyes those nights, not actually sleeping!!!

I never sleep the night before we leave. I try, but it never works. I only have two more days of work and then I am off for almost 2 weeks. I really can't wait! :woohoo:

My family will be there. At least me (if not all of us) will meet up with you at 2pm at the Partners statue. I think it will be cool!

I already have a shirt designed for that day but I am thinking of adding a LGMH to the sleeve.

I will definitely check back on this thread to chat this week. We don't go until Thursday so the anniversary is toward the beginning of our trip.

Deb

Thanks for joining us! I can't wait to meet everyone. I will have a LGMH on my bag. I still need to make them, though. I'm slacking in some areas of getting ready for this trip.

Getting excited! Our flight isn't until Thursday night then we got MNSSHP on the 30th and then of course rope drop on the 1st where we will be ready to drop!

Excited but worried about how much we front-loaded the trip! We have the rest of the week to slow it down though!

Was thinking we may need a nap during the day but with wanting to be there for rope drop, the presentation at 10, the dis meet at 2, chef mickey's for dinner, and really wanting to see those special fireworks that kind of locks us in to staying in the MK area all day.

We are staying at POR this time but this is one time I wish we were on a monorail resort for a quick break.

We will def be heading out after the fireworks. There is no way I am making it til close that night after doing our first ever MNSSHP the night before!!!!

DBF and I will be there for the meet! I should be easy to spot... on an ECV with bright purple and teal hair... :lmao:

I wonder if they will be bringing in any celebrities? There is a now going to be a sing along in front of the castle...

I will be at rope drop and the 10am presentation. So if you are there and think you see me, don't hesitate to say Hi. Just cuz the meet is at 2pm, doesn't mean we can't talk earlier. :rotfl2: Only 4 more days! :cheer2:

I can't believe the butterflies I am feeling! Can't wait to see you all :yay:

I'm with you on that. And I have so much stuff to get done before we leave. I have been trying to make buttons and they are just not working for me. I still need to finish packing all the little things. But by this time Friday I will be in Disney World. And nothing else will matter. See ya soon! :yay:

Getting excited! Our flight isn't until Thursday night then we got MNSSHP on the 30th and then of course rope drop on the 1st where we will be ready to drop!

Excited but worried about how much we front-loaded the trip! We have the rest of the week to slow it down though!

Was thinking we may need a nap during the day but with wanting to be there for rope drop, the presentation at 10, the dis meet at 2, chef mickey's for dinner, and really wanting to see those special fireworks that kind of locks us in to staying in the MK area all day.

We are staying at POR this time but this is one time I wish we were on a monorail resort for a quick break.

We will def be heading out after the fireworks. There is no way I am making it til close that night after doing our first ever MNSSHP the night before!!!!

We arrive Friday morning and will be going to our 1st MNSSHP that night. Maybe we will see you there. I am dressing up as Minnie. I figured I was gonna go all out and actually wear a costume. Then Saturday morning, we plan on being at the bus stop no later than 7. My dad wants to make sure we are there really early.

Maybe you could find a corner to just rest in. Or before or after your dinner at Chef Mickey's you could catch a quick cat nap in the Contemporary.

Can't wait to meet ya! :wave:

DBF and I will be there for the meet! I should be easy to spot... on an ECV with bright purple and teal hair... :lmao:

I wonder if they will be bringing in any celebrities? There is a now going to be a sing along in front of the castle...

Bright purple and teal? Now that's a combo. My hair is bright red right now, so we'll both be easy to spot. :lmao: That is, if mine doesn't fade by Saturday.

As far as celebrities, it wouldn't surprise me. But it would most likely be some Disney Channel Stars. And then it probably wouldn't even be the ones I know. :rotfl:

Se ya there. :woohoo:

Bright purple and teal? Now that's a combo. My hair is bright red right now, so we'll both be easy to spot. :lmao: That is, if mine doesn't fade by Saturday.

As far as celebrities, it wouldn't surprise me. But it would most likely be some Disney Channel Stars. And then it probably wouldn't even be the ones I know. :rotfl:

Se ya there. :woohoo:

Yep! Bright purple up top and teal braids on the bottom. ill look for you!

I keep hoping to Tommy Tune... that would be awesome. Anyone else ever seen the "welcome to the world" special?

darn, won't be able to make this... by 2:00 I will have already staked out my spot for the parade

darn, won't be able to make this... by 2:00 I will have already staked out my spot for the parade

My dad and I are planning on watching the parade from in front of the Partners statue. This way we will already be where we need to be. You are more than welcome to come watch over there with us.

My dad and I are planning on watching the parade from in front of the Partners statue. This way we will already be where we need to be. You are more than welcome to come watch over there with us.

thanks for the invite, but as a Photographer I'm fussy about where I take pics from, lighting and all that stuff, which is why I've already picked my spot up to 2 hours before parade time...

So I haven't been on this site in a while for no internet access where I was stationed. I Just got my honorable discharge from special ops and first thing I did was bought my Disney season pass :) I am visiting with family in FL and my friend who will also be down here has never been there. I was taking her on Saturday to the parks and just realized it is also the 40th bday. I just got super excited. This is a great thread, I'm getting amped for this weekend would love to meet up with everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter