Come Celebrate The 40th With Fellow Dis'ers....October 1st! UPDATED 9/14

jesemeca

Mouseketeer
Come celebrate Magic Kingdom and Walt Disney World's 40th with fellow Dis'ers!

On a few other threads, I have noticed that there will be quite a few Dis'ers in Walt Disney World on the 40th. I thought it would be a cool idea to organize a meet. I would love to meet any Dis'ers.

So far all I know is that I will be in Magic Kingdom from rope drop till closing on October 1st. As far as when and where to meet, I am up for any ideas.

Anyone interested in meeting, let me know. I will start a list of possible meets and Dis'ers.

Update: We will be meeting at 2pm at the Partners statue. Who ever will be coming, please let me know. So we can have an idea of how many people to be on the look out for. We will also need a way to identify each other. I will have my LGMH on my bag, any one else?

Thanks for starting this thread.. We will be going after the kids races at ESPN so arriving around11ish I would say, if it is too crowded we are jumping ship to another park but want to spend at least a bit of time at the MK on it's Bday, of course it is also Epcot's bday so we may hit there next for the Wine and Food Festival :)
:goodvibes:

I may be up for something. Planning on Rope Drop until at least after Wishes...

Let me know what the plan is and I'll run it by the other person I'm going ot be there with to see if they are up for meeting up.

OK, my husband is SOOOO awesome, he not only wants to do the dismeet, but also a flashmob song!!! Isn't he the best.. He suggested, when you wish upon a star!
we r such disgeeks!
Has anyone thrown out a time yet? I'm thinking 1:00 since so many have said they will be there for rope drop and that gives those who r doing the kids races enough time to get to the mk...
thoughts?

OK, my husband is SOOOO awesome, he not only wants to do the dismeet, but also a flashmob song!!! Isn't he the best.. He suggested, when you wish upon a star!
we r such disgeeks!
Has anyone thrown out a time yet? I'm thinking 1:00 since so many have said they will be there for rope drop and that gives those who r doing the kids races enough time to get to the mk...
thoughts?

Well now, if we are gonna sing, what better song to sing than Happy Birthday. It will be Magic Kingdom's 40th birthday. :lmao:

1:00 would be a good time to start off with. I have been starting to hear a little about some special presentations that may be happening that day. So, we may want to wait till we hear a little more about that.

Thanks to everyone for joining in. Can't wait to celebrate with everyone. party:

Oh this would have been fun but i'll be spending the day in Epcot for F&W and then going to Cali Grill for my birthday dinner :yay:. Yes i share the same birthday as Disney...no wonder I am obsessed with it!!!

DBF and I will be there for rope drop. I have heard from another podcast that there will be "special entertainment" that day for the 40th! :goodvibes

Well now, if we are gonna sing, what better song to sing than Happy Birthday. It will be Magic Kingdom's 40th birthday. :lmao:

1:00 would be a good time to start off with. I have been starting to hear a little about some special presentations that may be happening that day. So, we may want to wait till we hear a little more about that.

Thanks to everyone for joining in. Can't wait to celebrate with everyone. party:

Care to share what you have been hearing?

count me in if you are having the meet up in the afternoon. :thumbsup2

i have an adr for biergarten at 12:30 that day.
my plans are to switch to the MK by 2:00.

made my evening adr for 7 at mk that night.
tried to switch that adr but nothing is available at all for that restaurant now.

I'll be there Rope drop to close

Us too!

I may be up for something. Planning on Rope Drop until at least after Wishes...

Let me know what the plan is and I'll run it by the other person I'm going ot be there with to see if they are up for meeting up.

Just keep checking back here. As we get plans going I will make a list in the first post of who, when and where.

sounds like a hoot!!! Let's do it :yay::yay::yay:

Any suggestions?

DBF and I will be there for rope drop. I have heard from another podcast that there will be "special entertainment" that day for the 40th! :goodvibes

Have you heard any details, or just that there will be something?

Care to share what you have been hearing?

I have read on a couple of sites, that there are some presentations scheduled. No details yet.

count me in if you are having the meet up in the afternoon. :thumbsup2

i have an adr for biergarten at 12:30 that day.
my plans are to switch to the MK by 2:00.

made my evening adr for 7 at mk that night.
tried to switch that adr but nothing is available at all for that restaurant now.

I am thinking that the afternoon would be the best time for the meet. That way it gives everyone a chance to arrive.

I plan on being there at rope drop, but I'm going to be heading to Epcot by about 7ish. The after party for the food & wine half marathon is that night & I'm planning on going (hoping my friend who lives there & is running is going)

I arrive in Orlando about noon on the first - I'd love to attend a meet!
:goodvibes

We are going to be there. We are driving from Milwaukee, WI a couple days early and staying somewhere around Clearwater. We are checking into our resort that day, so we will be there in the early afternoon. I can't wait to find out what they have planned!

I plan on being there at rope drop, but I'm going to be heading to Epcot by about 7ish. The after party for the food & wine half marathon is that night & I'm planning on going (hoping my friend who lives there & is running is going)

Glad to have you joining in. I'm sure the meet will be before you head on over to Epcot. I'm thinking early afternoon right now.

I arrive in Orlando about noon on the first - I'd love to attend a meet!
:goodvibes

:wave: Thanks for joining us. As soon as the plans are made I will put them in the first post.

We are going to be there. We are driving from Milwaukee, WI a couple days early and staying somewhere around Clearwater. We are checking into our resort that day, so we will be there in the early afternoon. I can't wait to find out what they have planned!

I'm waiting to see what they have planned also. I think that may determine when we should all meet. Thanks for stopping in.

subscribing..we will be there all day too...will check back to see what you have come up with

BArb

Hi all! It's getting closer and closer. I was thinking that we should meet around 2pm. Would that time work for everyone? I thought that 2 would be a good time. Most people will be finished lunch already. It's right before the afternoon parade. That way if some want to stay and watch together, we can. I was thinking we could meet near the Partners Statue. What better place to meet than by the one that started it all?

I also wanted to add that if anyone wants to meet up at Rope Drop, let me know. I will be there bright and early, hoping they do something extra.

Only 23 more days till we are on our way!

We will do our best to be at there. Sometimes, with little kids plans havae to change, but we will do out best. How will we all id each other. Should we proudly display a lime green mickey head somewhere, backpack, stroller etc???

we will be at animal kingdom that day but will try and join in, didnt know that there may be other things happening that day so glad you informed us of it. May change our plans for that day so we can meet up will check back to see what was decieded as far as the meet goes!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter