Christmas Gifts for TEENS

I don't have teen kids myself but I'm following along for ideas for the 5 or so teenage cousins I need to buy for! This year i think we are just going to do gift cards because I'm pregnant and won't be traveling the 11+ hours to visit for the holidays the way we normally would, so I need something easy to mail. Probably the younger kids will get gift cards as well this year, but for different places than the teens. Any ideas where to get them for? Last year I'd just gotten married and didn't come up so we did DQ gift cards. I felt so bad because I normally like to go pick out a gift for each of them- but they were huge hit! So I may do that again but I'm looking for suggestions for a $10 gift card for teens, some male some female!

Next year we will be able to travel again (we usually visit and exchange gifts at Thanksgiving) so I'm looking forward to getting physical gifts for everyone again. I'll be following along for ideas for next year too, since I typically shop after Christmas sales!
I have 5 between the ages of 14 -21, if you really want to wow them, cash is king.

My daughter goes to college and really doesn't need much- just going to get her some broadway tickets and maybe a couple gift cards this year.

My DD15(only child) just gave me some ideas- so I have to figure out what I am getting.
Iphone 8- which she has had her phone for 3 years- and we are getting it.
water pic and brush? odd request, but glad she is asking for that LOL
iTunes g/c
bath and body

She said she needs no clothes or shoes.

Both our teens want apple watches. We have a $300 target gc from upgrading our phones this past spring so we'll use that to offset the expense for 2 watches. Then they'll each get a couple other smaller items. Trying to keep it under control this Christmas as this year has been super expensive for us. Bought a new house last November, DH got a brand new truck in April (his car was 15 years old and was costing us so much money every month in repairs). Then my car got hit in a parking lot a few weeks ago and was considered a total loss. Had to buy another new car.

Last year, I asked my college freshmen what he wanted for CHristmas. He wanted money. Bought him a few small things but just gave him a check. He is hoping for another check this year. It helps to supplement the money he has saved to make it through the school year. i asked him about gift cards- He still would rather have cash to go to where he wants to eat.

No idea. DS14 so far can only come up with some kind of Funko Pop character that doesn't seem to exist.

I've been toying with the idea of building him a crossfit/ninja gym in the backyard. DS7 would get a ton of use out of it as well.

Love this thread every year! Has anyone ever done Ifly? I was looking into it but it said a 60 second flight? Really? That doesn't sound like long enough to even get into it?

I haven't done iFly, but I have given many gift certificates for it. My husband has done it. I give enough for the person to get more than 1 flight. Everyone that I have given it to has loved it. No one has complained that it was too short. I see it as a splurge - not something I would pay for everyday. But for a gift, I like the amount that it costs (a decent amount, but not outrageous) and the uniqueness of it (not another pile of Starbucks cards).

I'm not certain how much will be covered by insurance. Most charges that are covered by insurance need to be coded in a certain way, and that coding is somewhat of a mystery to me.
Sedation should be covered, since she'll need that anyway. Fixing the deviated septum will be covered. Operating Room time may be partially covered, since the optional part will take longer. Same goes for the doctors time, the optional portion will be billed I'm sure. I'm thinking meds will be covered.
I'm going to be placing a few phone calls to our insurance in order to try and sort this all out before her procedure in December.

Sorry this wasn't more helpful...
DD is getting plastic surgery for xmas!

She has a badly deviated septum that needs fixing.
And she wants a little cosmetic refinement too.
my DD 17 had an otoplasty (ears pinned back closer to her head) for Christmas 2 years ago. It was some of the best money I have ever spent. She puts her hair up now and has so much more self of steam. We scheduled the surgery on December 22nd so she had the Christmas week to recover. It worked out perfectly.

I have 3 teens 18, 16, and 13 and the 16 and 13 year old have b-days on Dec. 30th and Dec. 24th! It was so much easier when they were younger. For those that give gift cards or money one year my mom gave the kids gift cards in mason jars filled with their favorite candy. They thought that was the best gift ever because they had to eat some of the candy before they could figure out what their gift card was. Last year I gave my brother and his fiance money and I put it in a puzzle box. It was fun to watch them figure out how to open the box. I of course kept the instructions so I could help them out if they got stuck, but they figured it out. I just hate giving gift cards or money so at least this way I feel like I am giving a gift too.

List so far for each kid
DS 18: North Face Jacket, Gift cards, Movies, Clothes, Bath Stuff, Ornament for the year, Sports Illustrated subscription
DS 16: North Face Jacket, Gift card for car wash/gas for car, tools (he is in automotive program and that is what he wants to go to college for), tool box, Bath Stuff, Ornament for the year, car books
DD 13: New phone - her first smart phone, new curtains for room, hammock swing for room, Bath Stuff, Puzzle box , Ornament for year

DD13 (only child) I recently bought her two rings from a gift shop when we visited Kennebunkport Maine. They were not expensive but very pretty.
She is asking for a laptop so I'm hoping for a Black Friday deal.
Makeup mirror
Starbucks GC
Hot Topic GC
Bath and Body stuff
She's into Anime so something Anime
Tickets to a concert or a show

That's all I can think of for now

I have no idea!!

16 yo dd: she likes American eagle but what I like and what she likes are 2 different things. I usually end up getting her a few shirts. She just pointed out slippers she wanted from LL Bean and she wants to get them when her current ones wear out...need to order them later. I have a ton of Disney gift cards (feee ones) so she (and my other 2) will get one for our trip next August. Bath and body stuff, socks, yep I am stumped!

14 yo ds: he is still happy with legos and nerf guns but legos are $$$$. Socks for him too, some clothes much to his dismay and I saw some Yankee stuff at a mall that's a little farther from me so I need to plan a shopping day soon.

11 yo dd: a tween and I have no clue what to get her either!

Like was simple when Fischer price ruled the house!

Love this thread every year! Has anyone ever done Ifly? I was looking into it but it said a 60 second flight? Really? That doesn't sound like long enough to even get into it?

IFly is a great gift, but I'd give them at least two flights. Even though it only lasts a minute, it takes over an hour...Getting suited up, training, waiting for your turn, etc.

If you cruise on the Anthem of the Seas you can fly all you want for free! That's where we've done most of our flights. We've also flown at the location in King of Prussia, Pa.

16 yo dd: she likes American eagle but what I like and what she likes are 2 different things.

Had to laugh at this one - I don't like DD17s style at all. She likes really loose peasant/swing style stuff for the most part. Which I think is not the most attractive look - I like things that are a bit more fitted without being trashy (I'm more of a simple, clean line classics gal). It's probably the only time you'll hear a mother say she wished her daughter wore TIGHTER clothing LOL This weekend she bought an hugely oversized Tshirt from the men's section. Ugh.

But I have learned to accept her style, and I can usually find things she likes. I would never wear them, but at least that means she stays out of my closet!

My only condition is as I say "the bits and pieces have to be covered" :rotfl2:Which has never been a problem with the clothing DD seems to like. The idea of flashing a little skin is sooooo not her comfort zone!

Last edited:
We are spending Christmas at Gaylord Palms in Orlando. We are spending MLK weekend in Vegas (with the kids). MLK weekend is typically DS 15 birthday, but this year his birthday falls on the Thursday after (18th) but we will celebrate his 16th birthday there anyways. He says he wants to go to New Orleans instead for Cafe Du Monde's hot chocolate and beignets but we have been to New Orleans several times and they have never been to Vegas.

So for actual presents, just a few small items and cash/gift cards. My kids are 14, 15, 23, 25 and do not need anything. DD just got the iPhone 8 (pre-ordered and delivered on release date) and I told her that was her Christmas present and not to ask for anything else. We are moving away from lots of presents for Christmas.

For teen girls that like Victoria Secret Pink, but getting a bit tired of just Pink, check out Ivory Ella. Just a suggestion.

For teen girls that like Victoria Secret Pink, but getting a bit tired of just Pink, check out Ivory Ella. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for this! Cute ideas for my niece 14. Also thanks for the fortune cookie website. I have also been introduced to Uniqlo from the Dis also.

What is the deal with "Simply Southern" shirts. I shop Bealls of Florida online (I don't live in the south) because they have cute flamingo stuff. I have seen those shirts listed under juniors, but when at WDW the only people I saw wearing them were ladies my age *cough* 40 *cough*. Are southern teens into them? I guess I am just thinking that the coolest things I had as a teen were clothes from stores that you couldn't fine in our area. Granted that was in the olden days that if the mall didn't have it, you didn't wear it. :-)

Right now I only have one teen gift purchased but I have signed up for emails from some of these new sites. I am waiting to see what sales look like late Oct early Nov. That seemed to be the weeks I got the best deals last year. Way before Cyber Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter